Brian Quick??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tell the truth @Adi , you made this post just for me to comment? Didn't ya???

Quick will get a chance....Not for the amount he & his agent expected....but he'll get a chance to compete. So will TJ McDonald.

Your still drinking the coolaide on Quick :) TJ just pleaded guilty which is holding him back. What D player was already suspended ? Tre Watts,Stead,I Oead ??

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
One day, with the help of dementia we will forget that we could have had Alshon Jeffrey or Cordy Glenn for four years instead of the luckiest man to ever call himself a "pro football player".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want Quick back, I think its time to turn the page. But there definitely is a spot for him out there. Considering that Robert Woods stat line was:
51 catch 76 target 613 yards and 1 TD and he earned the big contract
And Quick was:
41 catch 77 target 564 yards and 3 TD and he earned himself UFA

I'd say he's worth a flyer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want Quick back, I think its time to turn the page. But there definitely is a spot for him out there. Considering that Robert Woods stat line was:
51 catch 76 target 613 yards and 1 TD and he earned the big contract
And Quick was:
41 catch 77 target 564 yards and 3 TD and he earned himself UFA

I'd say he's worth a flyer.

Difference is that Woods brings leadership, effort, and reliability along with potential. Quick brings none of those things.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Difference is that Woods brings leadership, effort, and reliability along with potential. Quick brings none of those things.
Like I said, he's worth a flyer, just not with the Rams.
Its not like he's had any examples to follow either, nor did his coach expect it of him. His ability should get him a shot with another team but his brain will be the difference if he can make it there

A55VA6

Legend
He'll find a home somewhere, whether it be before the season or during the season due to injuries at WR. Even though he didn't live up to the expectations of a 2nd round pick, he still made some nice plays and showed potential that other teams might want to try and get more out of him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ah yes, the beloved Les Snead himself biffed this one in a bad, bad way....but his hair is so nice!! :effemine:

Unfortunately, many of us will remember BQ for the last pass we saw thrown his way last season. A pass that would have hit him in the chest for a first down on a potential game winning drive. Alas, the dumb dumb half assed his route and just plain quit on his young QB. Game over. Swept by the fuggin 2-14 niners..... Quick's Ram career is ......hopefully....over.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said, he's worth a flyer, just not with the Rams.
Its not like he's had any examples to follow either, nor did his coach expect it of him. His ability should get him a shot with another team but his brain will be the difference if he can make it there

I don't see it.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Don't you think Quick would be pliable with the new regime tho?

I don't see why not. Bring him back for the vet minimum, see what he can do in the new offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't you think Quick would be pliable with the new regime tho?

I don't see why not. Bring him back for the vet minimum, see what he can do in the new offense.

No. I think he should never play in the NFL again after the shit he pulled last year. The Rams need leaders, not quitters.

This team needs a culture change, not to re-sign one of the worst offenders of the old toxic culture.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
No. I think he should never play in the NFL again after the crap he pulled last year. The Rams need leaders, not quitters.

This team needs a culture change, not to re-sign one of the worst offenders of the old toxic culture.

jrry,
what are you referring to? Were there other incidences where he "quit" or didn't give his all besides the one Faceplant mentioned.
I have never heard that he was a problem in the locker room or as a teammate in any way, shape or form.

What do know that I do not?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Zodi

Hall of Fame
No. I think he should never play in the NFL again after the crap he pulled last year. The Rams need leaders, not quitters.

"Crap he pulled last year." Elaborate? Did I miss something?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry,
what are you referring to? Were there other incidences where he "quit" or didn't give his all besides the one Faceplant mentioned.
I have never heard that he was a problem in the locker room or as a teammate in any way, shape or form.

~ArkyRamsFan~
"Crap he pulled last year." Elaborate? Did I miss something?

People only remember the one play against SF, but it was clear over the final few games that Quick was dogging it. He's always had issues with running the correct routes and knowing what he was supposed to be doing. You can chalk that up to ignorance or poor work habits. After seeing his attitude during the final few games of 2016, I'll chalk it up to poor work habits.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Well, I'm blaming him for flat-out QUITTING on routes where he wasn't the primary target. You want an example? Dig up the highlights from the London game last year -- Case's 4th and final interception was a direct result of Quick totally stopping on his route.

He should be required by law to officially change his name to Brian QUIT.

He also converted a 4th and long to get to that point. Quick is bad but he has enough talent where he'll get another shot somewhere because he has occasional flashes of brilliance, even if they truly are rare

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
jrry,

~ArkyRamsFan~

On Hard Knocks Quick was Britts sidekick. Britt is gone and his sidekick probably is too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Spring league here he comes.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'll never forgive Quick. The one play that stands out to me is the one he straight stopped his route because he knew he was gonna get hit and he just stood and watched Goffs pass go straight to the defender. No heart. Can't remember which game it was, sorry.

Pass.