Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wondering why he hasn't played much this year.

1dbad20ba46c485bb255e46.png

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Thread.a ... 823&Page=0

And now, not so much anymore.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah ,,, JT summed it up with that response.

Disappointing beginning.

Crossing fingers for a STRONG finish .

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think this bye week came at a great time for the team. Hopefully last game stokes the fire and they respond well in 2 weeks.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
You know I was saying to my friends at the game that it looked like he could have gone to meet the ball on that INT instead of waiting for it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sounds about right, he's having trouble with the complexity of the NFL. Which is to be expected when you take a small school guy. I know there is people out there that are thinking about Gilyard when they hear this, but I don't think that'll be the case.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
Sounds about right, he's having trouble with the complexity of the NFL. Which is to be expected when you take a small school guy. I know there is people out there that are thinking about Gilyard when they hear this, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Yeah - I agree. I see flashes of what he can be. He'll get there. Hard to coach up this much youth all at once.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping we see him get into the game more each week - i mean, he's now a professional football player, getting paid a shed load of money do do a job, a high draft pick should be able to get into the game more than he currently is - cant the rams get Torry Holt back in to coach this guy one-on-one?

The Rams can't afford to waste the first pick of round 2 for a squad player - it needed to be a playmaker....

Both Quick and Pead have been disappointing 2nd round picks IMO...

Speeps

Starter
Fisher hit on the head when he said, some players require more time than others. He'll be fine. He has so much athletic ability.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
Fisher hit on the head when he said, some players require more time than others. He'll be fine. He has so much athletic ability.
Provided he gets his mind right. And I think he will.

The ball he caught from Clemens was nearly identical to the way Danario used to catch. Quick little jab to the receiver, turn around and face the ball, then catch it at its highest point. If he can do that with any regularity, we won't miss DX. If he keeps giving up on poorly thrown balls (for whatever reason), then he'll be almost useless to this team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Speeps said:

The ball he caught from Clemens was nearly identical to the way Danario used to catch. Quick little jab to the receiver, turn around and face the ball, then catch it at its highest point. If he can do that with any regularity, we won't miss DX. If he keeps giving up on poorly thrown balls (for whatever reason), then he'll be almost useless to this team.

" If he keeps giving up on poorly thrown balls (for whatever reason), then he'll be almost useless to this team."
I don't think he'll be with this team.
Fisher in addition to replacing a lot of players has demonstrated his unwillingness to accept sub standard play, I don't think the Quick leash will be the entire length of his contract, if he doesn't progress dramatically next year, IMO he gets the boot ,I think Pettis needs to show more than he has as well, cuz his production so far wouldn't be hard to replace.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Speeps said:

" If he keeps giving up on poorly thrown balls (for whatever reason), then he'll be almost useless to this team."
I don't think he'll be with this team.
Fisher in addition to replacing a lot of players has demonstrated his unwillingness to accept sub standard play, I don't think the Quick leash will be the entire length of his contract, if he doesn't progress dramatically next year, IMO he gets the boot ,I think Pettis needs to show more than he has as well, cuz his production so far wouldn't be hard to replace.
I doubt Fisher would jettison any receiver that they're so high on before 2 seasons are completed. Quite a few receivers don't find their groove until their third season. Of course, that doesn't preclude said player(s) losing a roster spot because they're outplayed by a dark horse.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3lYHNXQ-0[/youtube]

Speeps

Starter
^Not good at all. He has quite a ways to go. One of these days the lightbulb is going to turn on. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Seriously...I wonder what his Wonderlic score was. Is he just retarded?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think his natural instincts were to go with the college rules with them being down already.

At least that's what I want to believe.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
I think his natural instincts were to go with the college rules with them being down already.

At least that's what I want to believe.
Ya know same here, the ball was underthrown he was tracking it and prolly doesn't see it undercut and then the guy hits the ground which IS a college dead ball.If Sam had been able to step into that throw I'd have loved to see the fight for it that a good throw would have eventuated in.

However IMO if he keeps that sort of thing up he gets next year to show progress and that's it, Fisher KNOWS potential is the coach killer.,excusable mistake if he doesn't replicate it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The NFL is littered with WR's who came along slowly.

Chris Carter, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson... the list is huge!

Quick hasnt impressed me either, but coming from App State he's not experienced in a "NFL quality offense". Give him time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:

Quick hasnt impressed me either, but coming from App State he's not experienced in a "NFL quality offense". Give him time.

True story. I think next year we'll get a better idea of what Quick can or cannot do. The first year is typically just a "welcome to the insane speed of the NFL, rookie" kinda year. It was encouraging what Isaac Bruce had to say about Quick and about becoming an NFL receiver in general.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

True story. I think next year we'll get a better idea of what Quick can or cannot do. The first year is typically just a "welcome to the insane speed of the NFL, rookie" kinda year. It was encouraging what Isaac Bruce had to say about Quick and about becoming an NFL receiver in general.

If I had a concern; it would be his instincts. Not fighting for an interception has nothing to do with difficulty adjusting to an offense.

But, that said; he seems to say the right things off the field and has a good attitude. With more experience the light should come on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

If I had a concern; it would be his instincts. Not fighting for an interception has nothing to do with difficulty adjusting to an offense.

But, that said; he seems to say the right things off the field and has a good attitude. With more experience the light should come on.

Those are my concerns as well, but I don't know if I could call it instincts just yet. To me it looked like he was just completely lost and out of his element on that interception. "Huh? What? Ball? Where???" We got this coaching staff for a reason, so let's see if they can work a lil magic with Quick.

Dunno what to think of Sherman just yet, but I know the Cowboys sure miss him.