Brian Quick Update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Brian Quick - WR - Rams
Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Tuesday that Brian Quick (shoulder surgery) is "progressing quickly," and left open the possibility of Quick participating in some OTAs.

He would do so "with protection" on the shoulder, per beat reporter Jim Thomas. Quick's surgery was major, repairing three torn ligaments and his rotator cuff. We've considered it questionable that Quick will be ready for training camp, but he does sound on track. GM Les Snead said he recently saw Quick dunk a basketball, though Quick did so with his non-surgically-repaired arm.

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter
Apr 29 - 12:11 AM

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
umm, lets not rush this kid back....

But I believe in Brian Quick....Not sure if I'd pass on Kevin White...But I like Britt & Quick...

A55VA6

Legend
We saw flashes of a pro bowl talent in Quick last year. I just hope he heals up from this injury and can still become that guy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
umm, lets not rush this kid back....

But I believe in Brian Quick....Not sure if I'd pass on Kevin White...But I like Britt & Quick...

Has something changed now that's different from last year as to how this Ram organization handles its players who are returning from an injury/surgery/long rehabbing event?

Athos

Legend
A dunk is different from laying down a block in game though or fighting off a DB, or laying out for a grab.

Still though, you're kinda in no man's land since this is the last year of his rookie deal and Britt's on a 2 year deal, while our other WRs haven't exactly exploded yet, QB play notwithstanding.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Significant injury... he wouldn't be human if it wasn't in his head when he steps on the field in real action game one.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This injury is obviously going to influence his play. We should definitely work him back into the starting cast slowly until his confidence in his shoulder is back. Pressing him to participate in OTAs before he is ready could hurt him more than help him, even if he has a new OC to familiarize himself with.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
@BonifayRam
maybe...seems as if A. Peterson injury recovery is used as a rule, rather than the exception.....

I guess if one was to research my posts last yr before the the pre season began .....it would be known that I had big....very big concerns involving the wisdom of getting both our most important players (Sam Bradford) & our most important starting OL'er (Jake Long ) rushed quickly into service when other younger players could use the action more than they.

But I was covered up quickly by many great ROD posters by such models like the the new fashioned Adrian Peterson rehabbing event facts & new age meds, space age rehabbing technicians that made my concerned post sound like a traditional old fashion, out date, way past my prime Ram fan who had no ideal of what the hell I was talking about. Which is most likely true.:)

I do think the Rams will make the attempt to get in on the outstanding selections of very good WR's in the draft so I do expect a nice talented rookie to be here when TC opens. I also think that WR's like Givens, Bailey, Blake, Devon Wylie, Damian Williams along with pass catching magic handed TE's like Alex Bayer & Brad Smelley will cease the opportunities. I see no reason to repeat the Bradford/Jake Long scenario again.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But I was covered up quickly by many great ROD posters by such models like the the new fashioned Adrian Peterson rehabbing event facts & new age meds, space age rehabbing technicians that made my concerned post sound like a traditional old fashion, out date, way past my prime Ram fan who had no ideal of what the hell I was talking about. Which is most likely true.:)
ahhh, the grizzled vets of the 2000 Rams....you know, the good old days....they do seem to spit much game....See Boni, I'm hip, you need to get with it....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Devon Funchess anyone for a little insurance?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
This injury is obviously going to influence his play. We should definitely work him back into the starting cast slowly until his confidence in his shoulder is back. Pressing him to participate in OTAs before he is ready could hurt him more than help him, even if he has a new OC to familiarize himself with.
His involvement, as is most of the stuff they do in OTAs is more mental reps than physical. They are in shorts and tee shirts, and spend a lot more time "learning" assignments than playing football.

Having him out there to be able to participate would be huge, and IMO, would do little to jeopardize the progress he has made in his rehab..

ausmurp

Starter
We saw flashes of a pro bowl talent in Quick last year. I just hope he heals up from this injury and can still become that guy.

No way. We saw flashes of an avg WR which this team has not had in a LONG time. Lets not get carried away. Projected out over season he would've been avg but even still that is great for this team. But no not pro bowl level. No way we should pass on Parker or White unless Scherff falls.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way. We saw flashes of an avg WR which this team has not had in a LONG time. Lets not get carried away. Projected out over season he would've been avg but even still that is great for this team. But no not pro bowl level. No way we should pass on Parker or White unless Scherff falls.
I'd like to see more of the 2014 Quick before I say he's pro bowl material as well.