Brian Quick still St. Louis Rams' fourth wide receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
jap hoping for the wisdom that comes with age:
Beyond my years? I'm going to be 55 in a few months. :lol: I have been following the Rams for nearly 50 years---my very first favorite sports team in my favorite sport.

I'm not holding your youth against you jap. I'm sure you'll improve with a little aging. :sokay:

I was born June 5th, 1951. :whome?:

So you're saying you fart dust.

jap

Legend
albefree69 said:
Beyond my years? I'm going to be 55 in a few months. :lol: I have been following the Rams for nearly 50 years---my very first favorite sports team in my favorite sport.

I'm not holding your youth against you jap. I'm sure you'll improve with a little aging. :sokay:

Yes, it's nice to acquire wisdom with age. However, it is not a given, and I have seen (and heard!) graphic proof of this. :lmao: Perhaps I will buck that particular trend.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Some of the things concerning Quick really bothered me last year. If you were here, you knew what they were. If not, they were things of the competitive nature...NOT competing for a jump ball, and then, NOT hustling to tackle the guy, 50 pounds, and 4 inches shorter than you that outworked you on the play.

I also saw a couple amazing things. I saw more problems with the amount of snaps that he received. I think, whether he was ready for prime time or not, we should have found a way for him to able to succeed on certain plays....work to his strengths, if you will.

I surmised that Givens would have a better season before the season started, because it's easier to just say, "Go deep", and Givens was a D1 player, and it was documented that Quick didn't even have a position coach in college. Givens was MUCH more polished.

That said, I am NOT worried about Quick. I always thought that his transition would be at least a year and a half process. Last time that I checked, we haven't reached that yet. Calvin Johnson didn't blow it up his first year...he didn't, and he was in a much better situation than Quick. What I do know, in my pea brain, is that Quick is extremely explosive, and an absolute man beast.

Our brain trust does not think on a year to year go home basis. They think about excellence, and sustainability. When you add the two, there can be risk involved. Quick was a risky pick, no bones about it. But, his potential is at the top of the charts, if not off of them.

You guys can worry about Quick, but he's not on my expired timer worry list yet...not even close.....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good for Pettis. He SHOULD be coming on strong. Its his 3rd year w/Bradford as a pro.
They say that young WR's generally take a few years to "gel" anyway. Pettis finished up the 2nd half of last season as a standout guy,so this makes sense.

I still believe that Quicks development is a huge X factor this season though....Givens will be a guy who gets alot of attention IMO,and we're going to need someone to elevate their game on the other side. If its not Pettis then it has to be Quick or Steadman.

I'm excited to see who steps up in 2013.

nighttrain

Legend
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:
What's the problem here? If both Pettis and Quick are coming on, that only helps our depth and gives Defenses nightmares.

Works for me but I guess that doesn't stir the shyte pot as much as making BQ look like a bust because he is still "#4". But you're right of course. There IS no problem here.
Good problem to have, to many good WRs :cheese:
train

nighttrain

Legend
jap said:
albefree69 said:

Yes, it's nice to acquire wisdom with age. However, it is not a given, and I have seen (and heard!) graphic proof of this. :lmao: Perhaps I will buck that particular trend.

Ah, unfortunately I'm living proof, born in the 40's, child of the sixties :ja:

train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain a true vessel of wisdom:
We look to you for guidance concerning all things Ram. :bowdown:

Except when you disagree with me of course. :ahahah:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's nice to see Tavon and the rest of the rookies picking up the offense in OTA's. That's great. I'm glad Pettis is looking so good and that Quick is coming on. As far as Quick goes, if he has it in him to be a #1 WR this coaching staff will get it out of him. If the best he can do is be a redzone weapon thats fine. The team has other options. But if he wants to start he has to earn it.

But when it comes to who is running with the 1's in OTA's, which is basically like ballroom dancing, is kind of a moot point.
Nothing gets decided till they go full contact in training camp.

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
nighttrain a true vessel of wisdom:
We look to you for guidance concerning all things Ram. :bowdown:

Except when you disagree with me of course. :ahahah:
Don't spit on Superman's cape, grasshopper :cheese:
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain asking me to choose wisely:
Don't spit on Superman's cape, grasshopper :cheese:

Yes master train. :crossed:

Jim was a big loss BTW.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yamahopper said:
But when it comes to who is running with the 1's in OTA's, which is basically like ballroom dancing, is kind of a moot point.

Nothing gets decided till they go full contact in training camp.

And... this!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain looking for and finding a deeper meaning:
funny, my name is Jim. Where's that take us? :whome?:

Life is a Circle
By Black Elk ~ Oglala Sioux ~1863-1950
Everything the power of the world does,
is done in a circle.
The sky is round
and I have heard that the earth
is round like a ball,
and so are all the stars.
The wind in its' greatest power whirls.
Birds make their nests in circles;
for their's is the same religion as ours.
The sun comes forth and
goes down again in a circle.
The moon does the same
and both are round.
Even the seasons form a great circle
in their changing
and always come back
to where they were.
The life of a man is a circle,
from childhood to childhood.
and so it is with everything
where power moves.

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
nighttrain looking for and finding a deeper meaning:
funny, my name is Jim. Where's that take us? :whome?:

Life is a Circle
By Black Elk ~ Oglala Sioux ~1863-1950
Everything the power of the world does,
is done in a circle.
The sky is round
and I have heard that the earth
is round like a ball,
and so are all the stars.
The wind in its' greatest power whirls.
Birds make their nests in circles;
for their's is the same religion as ours.
The sun comes forth and
goes down again in a circle.
The moon does the same
and both are round.
Even the seasons form a great circle
in their changing
and always come back
to where they were.
The life of a man is a circle,
from childhood to childhood.
and so it is with everything
where power moves.
A circle leads nowhere. A straight line of thot or life has a beginning and an end. The end is not all that bad
The end may make you a winner, and even a loser has his moments, just don't be one.
train