Brian Quick signs with Redskins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I believe we may carry 6 wr's....so I wasn't counting Woods....
You never heard of Jamison Crowder, Pierre Garcon, or Desean Jackson? How about the TE's Davis or Reed? All, big named targets.
Ah, Woods makes 6, thanks.
Yeah, I don't pay attention much to the other teams, but I never heard of Jamison Crowder - when did DC pick him up? Desean Jackson has bounced around a bit, and is now on his 3rd (4th?) team, Pierre on his 3rd I think. I hear chatter about Desean & Pierre G., but I don't think I've even heard of Jamison until this season. I know DC has another WR that posters on this board talk about, who Tavon will be filling in his role in McVay's offense but I don't recall - his name doesn't register.
I guess I'm saying that it's very possible that McVay and a revamped O-line could make our "no name" bunch of WR's and TE's into players that other fans on other boards wish they had on their team.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'd say they're much less experienced instead of worse. Quick has had FIVE years and if any of our guys can't prove to be better options by the end of their 3rd year, I'll say adios to them too.
Robert Woods is already a better WR than Quick. His tape shows it. His stats may not, but that is because Buffalo never used him correctly. But as far as hands, routes, blocking, work ethic .... Woods is heads and shoulders above BQ

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Robert Woods is already a better WR than Quick. His tape shows it. His stats may not, but that is because Buffalo never used him correctly. But as far as hands, routes, blocking, work ethic .... Woods is heads and shoulders above BQ

Hope so...

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
105770-Frozen-Anna-gif-Im-gonna-tell-khpj.gif

Should we tell the Washington faithful?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The big question here is, will Quick be able to figure out where to report?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

oh, yeah, didn't figure in our new receiver. I'll take woods over quick at this point without hesitation.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In 2015 it was Gurley and Tavon. Tavon had a pretty good rookie year too. Quick has been here six years and he's got 10 TD's. Tavon has 12 in four years(receiving).

Add to that Tavon's 11 career all purpose TD's and yeah, i'd rather have the little guy on the roster over Quick. They've both been a disappointment but come on man..
Tavon has been force fed the ball for his entire time here. I still remember his rookie year when Sam B. gave him 11 targets in one half...Might have been the game that made Fish scrap the wide open offensive plan by Schotty.
Quick had a 7 game stretch of actually being involved in the game plan in 2014. Last year...even after a couple of games were decent, it seemed they NEVER looked for him early or often.
It's not even close. It's about opportunities. And Tavon has been given more....Only the members of ROD know why....

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Jay Gruden flipping the script of an offense this year. Pryor, Crowder, Quick, with Davis and Reed at tight end.

Pryor doesn't have a lot of proven tape. But he did show commitment to a position to switch of QB to WR and succeed at it. I wonder if any of that commitment rubs off on Quick.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Tavon has been force fed the ball for his entire time here. I still remember his rookie year when Sam B. gave him 11 targets in one half...Might have been the game that made Fish scrap the wide open offensive plan by Schotty.
Quick had a 7 game stretch of actually being involved in the game plan in 2014. Last year...even after a couple of games were decent, it seemed they NEVER looked for him early or often.
It's not even close. It's about opportunities. And Tavon has been given more....Only the members of ROD know why....
How about the fact that Brian Quick was out with the 3rd team in Pre Season last year? Does that not tell you they are trying to give him every opportunity they possibly can? Tavon is given targets and carries because he can make something out of nothing. If anything they don't get him enough touches. He should be getting 10-15 per game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmm
How about the fact that Brian Quick was out with the 3rd team in Pre Season last year? Does that not tell you they are trying to give him every opportunity they possibly can?
Meh, maybe just work with the backup/future starter...Maybe to get more familiar with the terminology. It still doesn't excuse the lack of targets in REAL games...Especially after a couple of very good games.

Tavon is given targets and carries because he can make something out of nothing. If anything they don't get him enough touches. He should be getting 10-15 per game.
Ok....he was the most targeted guy on the team. And we see the results/production. Now what?