Brian Quick signs with Redskins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For everyone happy about Quick leaving...I still see 5 wr's on the roster worse than him....

There is more to being a good receiver than having great physical measurements. Quick never had it mentally or emotionally IMO. I want players that want to excel and use everything they have on every play. That was not Quick. I figured there was no way he would be back with the way he finished out the year. McVay is trying to change the culture and Quick was part of that problem.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He won't see the field under Gruden without enormous strides in his route running. Good riddance.

Oh and here's a pic of @LACHAMP46 upon hearing the news lol:

sobbing-boy-gif-4556.gif

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
oh the pain

No more scenes of Quick and Britt being disciplined by Fisher for horsing around on a Golf cart during training camp!

I guess I will have to content myself with what the W-L column looks like

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Good luck Quick, hope you don't quit on this team like you did on Week 17. Hard not to be frustrated though with Boras fielding a middle school offense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Man, the Redskin sure love helping us. First the RGMe trade, then losing all those times to us, then giving us McVay, and finally taking Brian Quit off of our hands.

Even though I hate Snyder, I can't deny that he's been really helpful to our club.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Good luck to Quick but how long will it take him to learn a real offense? It took him him many years to learn our boring vanilla offense. If he grasps that offense with Cousins throwing the ball he could realistically get 1k probaby but I wouldnt count on it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Good luck to Quick but how long will it take him to learn a real offense? It took him him many years to learn our boring vanilla offense. If he grasps that offense with Cousins throwing the ball he could realistically get 1k probaby but I wouldnt count on it.

Quick's learning ability aside, being boring and vanilla didn't mean our offense wasn't complicated. If anything, I think Boras overcomplicated it (especially where it came to the OL) ... which only made it all that much worse.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
It sucks that Quick never developed into the WR we all thought he would be. He def flashed at times but it was time to move on for sure...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL. Have fun with him, Skins. Glad there's zero chance he's coming back here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, lookie here....And I only thought I had the Lonzo Ball show to look forward to today....
And they're next on the unemployment line, if they don't get they're act together.
Actually, Quick is employed. It will be interesting to see if any are released will they also get picked up...Kinda reminds me or the Pettis/Salas days.

Actually that's true I'm not going to say who we have still is any better overall because everyone has played below their level frankly. And Quick's 3 games in 2014 where he ran freely isn't much of an accomplishment.
Not much of an accomplishment? wow!? just 7 whole games...and showed you nothing? with Austin Davis no less?

That's what Quick should be able to do and he's much more athletic then KB.
Not sure about that...Kenny Britt is a lot of things....and one of them is he is a BEAST of an athlete...
The former coaching staff did EVERYTHING in their power to make Quick a big part of the offense.
I usually say fixed it for ya Lega.....instead, I wanna make sure I'm clear, The former coaching staff did EVERYTHING in their power to make TAVON a big part of the offense.
And we ALL know that. Look at the targets....One nice game, QB doesn't even LOOK his WAY until the 4th quarter of a loosing game....Sheesh! And you wonder why he wasn't engaged?
I'd say they're much less experienced instead of worse.
Experience and talent....are definitely mutually exclusive...One is often present without the other...Did I say that right?

I'd much rather have T. Austin then B.Quick on my roster. Tavon has a better idea of where the endzone is located.
Allegedly....who had more TD's last season? Who had the higher YPC? I get the punt return value....but we're taking about receiving.

proven low effort inconsistent below average receiver.
Hmmm....I think when you send a confusing message, you get results of which you speak.

There is more to being a good receiver than having great physical measurements. Quick never had it mentally or emotionally IMO.
I keep getting from some, this player isn't this...this player is that...Like the entire league is made up of Suma Cum Laude's....is that where we're going with this? The number 2 job of a coach, is to make sure the players understand what it is that they must do...Number 1...play hard/motivate....even if you make a mistake, make it going full speed. Cause mistakes are gonna happen with young players.
McVay is trying to change the culture and Quick was part of that problem.
Ok.....

Seems like...a lot of receivers steered clear of this offense this offseason.....especially the noted FA's....I'm really curious if D-Jax & Garcon even considered coming to LA?

Anyone ever work for a boss that didn't know shit? I'd be curious what your productivity looked like under such management.

Yeah, that boss is gone...but several of his selections remain. Will be interesting to see how long?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Quick never did have what it took to put it together, it's a shame but he's hardly the first Ram to never reach the potential he should have. Good luck, maybe catching balls from Cousins will help him out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow didn't see this coming. Well I wish Brian Quick and his family the best

Looks like the Rams may draft JuJu with that second round pick
I would rather see the Rams pick up Zay Jones or wait until the 3rd and pick up Robert Davis! JMHO!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's your interpretation to try to make your guy look better. Another interpretation is McVay signed a guy he liked and is using the season to evaluate the rest of the roster. We can insert our opinions into what happened and spin it a million ways. The only thing we do know is McVay chose not to bring back Quick and Britt while adding Woods. Anything beyond that simple statement is speculation.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

quick was the ultimate tease. 5% of the stuff he did made your dick go rock hard at the possibilities. however the other 95% made your dick shrivel up and die. mcvay obviously didn't want to waste his time trying to make quick reach his potential. i'm not sure any coach can because it seems like quick is his own worst enemy.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Quick's learning ability aside, being boring and vanilla didn't mean our offense wasn't complicated. If anything, I think Boras overcomplicated it (especially where it came to the OL) ... which only made it all that much worse.

The OL did look like a mess missing assignments etc but Quick took years to grasp a playbook regardless of who was running our offense. He did show a nice flash in his 3rd year but got injured so maybe im being a bit hard on him. My point was he doesnt seem to grasp playbooks very fast based on his history. I wouldnt be surprised to see reports of him having issues learning the playbook etc. Of course Gruden is a hell of a better coach than Boras ever will be so maybe that helps him finally develop into a solid WR.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
For everyone happy about Quick leaving...I still see 5 wr's on the roster worse than him....
Ummm... Woods?
Woods' highlights showed a smart, promising receiver who knows how to play the position. Quick has some highlights too, but they reminded me of a guy getting by on his physical talents. Woods shows the ability to CREATE separation, a must in the NFL.

Outside of him, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by the talent we have on the roster with Whitworth protecting Goffs blindside. I never heard of some of the wr's on DC's roster until Cousins and McVay used them to their abilities.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ummm... Woods?
Woods' highlights showed a smart, promising receiver who knows how to play the position.
I believe we may carry 6 wr's....so I wasn't counting Woods....

Outside of him, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by the talent we have on the roster with Whitworth protecting Goffs blindside. I never heard of some of the wr's on DC's roster until Cousins and McVay used them to their abilities.
You never heard of Jamison Crowder, Pierre Garcon, or Desean Jackson? How about the TE's Davis or Reed? All, big named targets.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

quick was the ultimate tease. 5% of the stuff he did made your dick go rock hard at the possibilities. however the other 95% made your dick shrivel up and die. mcvay obviously didn't want to waste his time trying to make quick reach his potential. i'm not sure any coach can because it seems like quick is his own worst enemy.

Your association with football-- more specifically, a single player-- and the flaccidity of one's penis makes me wonder if perhaps you enjoy football a bit too much. :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Allegedly....who had more TD's last season? Who had the higher YPC? I get the punt return value....but we're taking about receiving
I'm talking about careers and points scored. Touchdowns are points. Is there any team in the NFL that needed more points then the Rams in the last several years? ANY points...coming from anywhere. Lol.

Britt was probably the only guy who was a threat to score last year. In 2015 it was Gurley and Tavon. Tavon had a pretty good rookie year too. Quick has been here six years and he's got 10 TD's. Tavon has 12 in four years(receiving).

Add to that Tavon's 11 career all purpose TD's and yeah, i'd rather have the little guy on the roster over Quick. They've both been a disappointment but come on man...