Brian Quick signs with Redskins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but not worse as a football player.
They couldn't even play over someone many think is a terrible competitor. He caught 40 balls, for 500+ yards in arguably the leagues worse offense. I still remember what he did in 2014 b4 injuring his shoulder.

Clearly fans are fickle. I'll see if they bash any other wr that produces less, with Goff in his second year, with an offensive guru running the show now...

Like I said, we have 5 worse receivers still on the roster. Lets worry whether McVay can use the guys he has left to their advantage. I won't be frustrated to see balls Quick could get to but Tavon, Spruce, Cooper, Marquez, and McRoberts can't. Because, you know, they're using every bit of their natural talent, and it isn't their fault.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They couldn't even play over someone many think is a terrible competitor. He caught 40 balls, for 500+ yards in arguably the leagues worse offense. I still remember what he did in 2014 b4 injuring his shoulder.

Clearly fans are fickle. I'll see if they bash any other wr that produces less, with Goff in his second year, with an offensive guru running the show now...

Like I said, we have 5 worse receivers still on the roster. Lets worry whether McVay can use the guys he has left to their advantage. I won't be frustrated to see balls Quick could get to but Tavon, Spruce, Cooper, Marquez, and McRoberts can't. Because, you know, they're using every bit of their natural talent, and it isn't their fault.

Actually that's true I'm not going to say who we have still is any better overall because everyone has played below their level frankly. And Quick's 3 games in 2014 where he ran freely isn't much of an accomplishment. Especially after teams started covering him and he disappeared for a couple games after that before he got injured. The part that really got to me was watching him stare at jump balls thrown to him while players half a foot shorter than him beat him to the ball. Or him quitting on plays. Or being pushed around by defenders smaller than him. No, I won't miss him even if he does become a good WR suddenly.

There is a culture change happening. I don't know if it'll result in wins but I do know the old culture did not. And the 2nd rounder we wasted on Quick was part of that. Glad to be moving on to at least different things.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Well to close out the chapter of Brian Quick I'll end it with this Champ. You mention he put up those numbers in the garbage offense. But Kenny Britt put up 1000 yards. That's what Quick should be able to do and he's much more athletic then KB. It's Quickies own fault for not being able to get open and catch the ball consistently along with running the wrong routes. The former coaching staff did EVERYTHING in their power to make Quick a big part of the offense. But he kept squandering opportunities again and again.

I'm glad the era is over.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The biggest problem I had with Quick was his seemingly lack of desire to want the ball. He had the size and athleticism to be a very good receiver. But don't expect him to try to win those 50/50 balls. His route running seemed lazy. Rounded off his cuts and didn't go after the ball. It had to come to him. I just didn't see much heart in the guy.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

I'd say they're much less experienced instead of worse. Quick has had FIVE years and if any of our guys can't prove to be better options by the end of their 3rd year, I'll say adios to them too.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Best of luck to Quick.

But I won't miss him at all.

To be fair, he had to play under the Fisher fubar O regime, so I don't think he had the best of learning environments.

But still, I suspect his shortcomings are mostly between his ears. Not sure that's a coachable solution. I mean, McVay chose to let him walk. I think that speaks volumes.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
uq5cw.jpg
m5EWtZeO8TPBNmo0lI5VoLw.jpg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
best news ive heard all day ....

Ram65

Legend
The biggest problem I had with Quick was his seemingly lack of desire to want the ball. He had the size and athleticism to be a very good receiver. But don't expect him to try to win those 50/50 balls. His route running seemed lazy. Rounded off his cuts and didn't go after the ball. It had to come to him. I just didn't see much heart in the guy.

This is Brian Quick's chance (maybe last) to mature and give all he has to stay in the NFL. The Skins have openings at WR and a good system. It looked to me that he had timing issues with the ball. He is big with jumping ability but, seemed to lack the built in timing to high top the ball. A number of throws were really bad early in his career and the lack of timing ability made him look even worse. He needs to really work on his timing and run better routes while showing some heart. A new environment with no Kenny Britt around could help.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't care whether he sucks in Washington or becomes an elite receiver. I'm just glad he's not our problem anymore.
BUT!!! IF we can get a high comp pick, because of him, I hope he has a killer year, except IF we play him!!(y)(y);):D

Big Game

Living The Dream
Wow didn't see this coming. Well I wish Brian Quick and his family the best

Looks like the Rams may draft JuJu with that second round pick

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For everyone happy about Quick leaving...I still see 5 wr's on the roster worse than him....
Quick is entering his sixth season though. Are you referring to unproven guys like Thomas, Cooper, Marquez, Spruce, McRoberts?

I'd much rather have T. Austin then B.Quick on my roster. Tavon has a better idea of where the endzone is located.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Quick is entering his sixth season though. Are you referring to unproven guys like Thomas, Cooper, Marquez, Spruce, McRoberts?

I'd much rather have T. Austin then B.Quick on my roster. Tavon has a better idea of where the endzone is located.
I don't put a lot of faith into any wide receiver drafter by Fisher.

One more year for Tavon Austin, just one more year to prove he has a role to play for this or any other NFL team.

Same goes for Greg Robinson.

jap

Legend
Let's see now . . . the 'Skins get Quickie, and we get McVay. That sounds about right for the way things roll between us and Danny Boy's team. :ROFLMAO:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
For everyone happy about Quick leaving...I still see 5 wr's on the roster worse than him....

I'd rather take a chance on an unproven guy than stick with a proven low effort inconsistent below average receiver.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Its too bad we never got to see what Brian Quick was/is. He really looked like he was going to be something early 2014. Not to pile of Fisher, but this team was sooo poorly coached and Fisher and the crew especially on offense got nothing out of nobody. This is a staff that could not get anything out of Tavon Austin. Feels like there was very little teaching/coaching under Fisher. Quick was a player that needed lot of coaching to help with route running and other things.

Quick has some talent.....would of liked to see his progression for 1 year with our current staff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't put a lot of faith into any wide receiver drafter by Fisher.

One more year for Tavon Austin, just one more year to prove he has a role to play for this or any other NFL team.

Same goes for Greg Robinson.
I'd settle for 2015 Tavon Austin, but i think he can be more productive in a modern offense with a quality QB.