Brian Quick on the Vincent jackson plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Bian Quick
2012 15 games 11 rec 156 yds 2 tds
2013 16 games 18 rec 302 yds 2 tds

Vincent Jackson
2005 07 games 03 rec 59 yds 0 tds
2006 16 games 27 rec 453 yds 6 tds
2007 16 games 41 rec 623 yds 3 td

If Quick cant reach 41 rec 600 yds and 4 tds 2014 then hes going to be gone. I think he wil make the jump.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bian Quick

Vincent Jackson

If Quick cant reach 41 rec 600 yds and 4 tds 2014 then hes going to be gone. I think he wil make the jump.

If we draft Watkins, I don't think he reaches that goal. If we don't, I think he has a good shot at it.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we draft Watkins, I don't think he reaches that goal. If we don't, I think he has a good shot at it.

m warming up to the idea of drafting Watkins but i dont think that will happen. Especially the way its looking like were going to loose Saffold to FreeAgency. We have to build this line up to give Sam and the receivers time and to help Stacy and company in the run game. build the line so we can run block without the extra te. So we can spread it out more and utilize all our weapons. Fix line, Get upgrade @ Safety and decent backup Qb. less penalties and wereready

moklerman

Warner-phile
Bian Quick

Vincent Jackson

I don't think their numbers really compare and I really don't think their situations compare. VJ had to fight through established starters at his position and then compete for touches on a somewhat loaded team. Quick hasn't had any competition and has failed as much or more than he's succeeded with his opportunities.

If he wasn't a pet-project and a source of extreme embarrassment for Snisher, I think he'd be out the door already.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think their numbers really compare and I really don't think their situations compare. VJ had to fight through established starters at his position and then compete for touches on a somewhat loaded team. Quick hasn't had any competition and has failed as much or more than he's succeeded with his opportunities.

If he wasn't a pet-project and a source of extreme embarrassment for Snisher, I think he'd be out the door already.

Quick stats would have looked a lot closer to Jacksons 2nd season production if Bradford wouldnt have got hurt. Quick was getting open easily but either Clemens didnt see him or didnt have time because of the line. But when Clemens went his way he caught it and he made some in traffic. so yea i think he is improving. Next year with Bradford back and a better line Quick will be ready. i feel Givens will be ready to. Givens was playing through injuries. he also was hampered by not having a running game. It was easier to contain him. later in the season he wasgettingopen more

I think sometimes a forum needs a whipping boy, Bulger, Dahl, Gibson, now Quick.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, I remember how much I hated the pick at the time, I remember hearing on the night of the draft "The Rams plan on drafting Quick" and thinking here we go again, the new era of the Rams, just like the old era of the Rams.

Fisher and Snead have since swayed me, Brian Quick hasn't, at least we didn't need to pass on anyone good to get him like Jeffery or Hilton :mad::mad::mad:.

*Sorry for the rant it's just that Quick (or Cook) is like a red rag to a bull for me.*

Alan

Legend
I feel the same way about trading up, costing us a second round starter, to draft Austin.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Amazing how things 'magically' get fixed when we get a decent OL that Sam has time to throw (as well as stay healthy) and gives the WR's have to to create seperation. If the ingrates would stop dropping the balls all the time that would help as well...:mad:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some guy are going to like him others are not going to be willing to see that there are a lot of factors that go into a WR's numbers. Just because KC started 9 games and the Rams only threw the ball on average 20 times a game Quick should have had 10 catches a game even if they only threw it to him twice a game. :confused:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I reserve the right to shut my mouth about Quick because this could very well be the year that he puts it all together. As such, I don't want to be on record speculating about what a waste of a pick he turned out to be. Snead knew gyot damn well how far behind the curve he was. He knew he had seen zero complexity as it relates to offensive schemes. He knew his route tree had two branches in college. And he knew it could take upwards to 3 years before he became productive. I know he knew because he said so and it's true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel the same way about trading up, costing us a second round starter, to draft Austin.

I don't feel this way. We saw enough - AS A ROOKIE - to believe he's worth the investment. Give it time, grasshopper.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I reserve the right to shut my mouth about Quick because this could very well be the year that he puts it all together. As such, I don't want to be on record speculating about what a waste of a pick he turned out to be. Snead knew gyot damn well how far behind the curve he was. He knew he had seen zero complexity as it relates to offensive schemes. He knew his route tree had two branches in college. And he knew it could take upwards to 3 years before he became productive. I know he knew because he said so and it's true.

Yes.

18 catches in 16 games is "horrible" on the surface.

That said... We saw progress. Not just in stats, but his overall game.

To me; that's worth suggesting he's piecing things together. I look for much more this year, however.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I don't feel this way. We saw enough - AS A ROOKIE - to believe he's worth the investment. Give it time, grasshopper.

Same thing for the Quick Haters....Give him time

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram with mystical words of wisdom:
I bow to your (and the mouse in your pocket) superior wisdom master.
bow.png

;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I bow to your (and the mouse in your pocket) superior wisdom master.
bow.png

;)

:LOL:

His explosiveness can and should only improve with experience... And we saw some explosiveness.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram leaning to the left without the mouse in his pocket:
His explosiveness can and should only improve with experience... And we saw some explosiveness.
Don't get me wrong CGI, I think he's going to be a good player. Is he going to be two good players? I have my doubts. It's not like we weren't going to draft anyone else in that spot. :) Not to mention the player we lost in the 2nd round.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't get me wrong CGI, I think he's going to be a good player. Is he going to be two good players? I have my doubts. It's not like we weren't going to draft anyone else in that spot. :) Not to mention the player we lost in the 2nd round.
See what happens when you continually draw from the Tavon Austin well? Now you're confusing him with Quick. :confused:

Alan

Legend
Well actually -X-, I wasn't confusing him with Quick. That won't happen until later tonight. :LOL: I was referring to the pick we didn't make in the second round. Kind of like Doyle's "the dog that didn't bark".

iced

I think if we draft Watkins, he does hit that goal. That puts Quick against Givens for the #2 spot (which i think he should win). And also against the lesser corner

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think if we draft Watkins, he does hit that goal. That puts Quick against Givens for the #2 spot (which i think he should win). And also against the lesser corner

I am throwing Bailey into the mix for a starting job, thats why I don't think Quick would get those yards if Bailey gets more snaps and Watkins is out there most of the time.