Brian Quick on the verge of breaking out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

will Quick break out this year

• yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Do this!.jpg
Remember years ago the Holt/Hakim TD against the Broncos where they were both flying down the right side with nobody around?
I would love to see Quick and Givens do that to Shurbert. And a nice FU on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Quick has opportunity to make his bones hope he takes it. Could be a nice developement all things considered with the bad luck if we could go into offseason with the #1 receiver thing settled.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pretty well how I see it, Quick is developing and since you can see the progress and his knowledge was termed "impoverished" I think it's obvious he's ABLE to progress and OH MY once his knowledge and physical attributes merge,sky is the limit .

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm not sure if the drops are out of the system just yet - he had huge endzone and 3rd down drops vs Carolina - but he's developing into a physical, big play guy. I hope he does breakout this year. It will be one of the FEW things to look forward to during the remainder of the season.

Bro- No offense but I don't know if I'll ever actually read one of your posts with those unreal bouncing jugs in my face from your sig line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know that he's breaking out or anything in as much as it appears to be a natural progression happening. It was a late start, but we all knew it was going to take some time with him given his past experience.

^ This.

He's progressing. That's what I'm encouraged about.

IMO... he's right on schedule.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have maintained since training camp that its all starting to come together for Quick. That he is now being put in a position to actually contribute is evidence to me they feel he is knocking on the door. Even on the FIRST play of the game, they were going to take their shot to Quick on the same play they eventually connected with on the 73 yard gain later in the game. The lack of blitz pickup is the only thing that prevented what may have been a dramatic change to the way that game started.

He also connected on the "deep dig" route that he ran so well in training camp, one that I have been waiting to see since then.

The drops stand out, as someone else eluded to, because thus far, his targets are few and far between. And IMO, are not unexpected from ANY young receiver, regardless of where they are drafted (see Austin). If I recall, the same complaints were being made about Kendricks in his rookie year, and he has worked thru those issues with experience.

I for one, hope they keep going back to him. He is the one guy amongst the unit of WRs who could become "the guy". While I am cautiously looking forward to seeing his growth, I think in some ways, having Clemens NOW being the QB, may actually benefit Quick in his short term development. He can and will provide a big target for a guy who will need one. LOL

You've been beating this drum since camp. I'm right there with you.

If Quick maintains the current projectory we've got a player on our hands.