Brian Quick continues to impress

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Said it last week with my thread. He's arrived. Or, at least, arriving like a freight train.

Don't know why you can say that was an easy catch. He had two guys on him, one right on top of him. Yes, he had the advantage on size and positioning, but he had it high-pointed. He just didn't come down with it.

But he already has 14 receptions and 173 yards and a TD.

In the early going that puts him in the top 10 for yards and REC.

Quick is coming along and he's our best offensive weapon right now.

Slappy967

Starter
If Kenny Britt only has 12 catches all year his signing will have been worth it for his assistance in developing Quick. I just feel like he has given Quick the blueprint of what strong big bodied wide receivers should do.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I missed the first half today so I'll take your word on the "multiple catches outside his frame" comment until I rewatch the game.
Quick has arrived. Completely different player than he's been his first two seasons.
The next big test will be when teams start sliding more coverage his direction.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can't agree on the drop.

That's not a difficault catch, it's one any decent NFL wr makes and it is also what I fear most about Quick.

He's a body catcher.

Don't get me wrong, he's playing his best football of his life to date but I mentioned it earlier this week, "can he make the tough catch with his hands down the field?"

Man I wish that was Britt on that play.

I don't see him body catching and the one right after the drop was just what you described high and away from his body that he snatched out of the air. I agree he should have had the deep pass on the final drive but none of them catch them all. He looks light years ahead of where he came from.

Big Willie

Starter
Quick is still learning and will continue to make mistakes and drop a few balls. I think the most impressive thing to me is that he is more consistent in his routes, playing with confidence and passion and getting better. If he keeps this up (4 plus catches a game with only a few drops here or there) for half the season...then I will say he has arrived. I am a big fan of his and his talent...but he has more work to do.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ar
Can't agree on the drop.

That's not a difficault catch, it's one any decent NFL wr makes and it is also what I fear most about Quick.

He's a body catcher.

Don't get me wrong, he's playing his best football of his life to date but I mentioned it earlier this week, "can he make the tough catch with his hands down the field?"

Man I wish that was Britt on that play.
Are you excited about the development of quick? Seems like you aren't a fan.

Athos

Legend
Quick has arrived. Completely different player than he's been his first two seasons.

That's growth in and of itself. Having coverage rolled to his side, means opening for Britt and Bailey (when he gets back).

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Can't agree on the drop.

He's a body catcher.

You are so wrong. Go back and look at all of his catches and tell me when they were body catches. He missed this 50/50 catch. Get over it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He went up in double coverage and darn near had it. This is a good thing, Pettis, Britt and Quick, who do you cover?

Tampa dared our third string quarterback to pass so he did, and those three more than held their own.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

Then look out for Britt big time.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Glad to see many of the doubters coming around. This is the guy I have seen for the past 2 months, and tried to tell people that he isn't the same player he was a year ago.

You can see the swagger he has, even after he gets tackled he looks around as if to say, "I'll be back. You can't stop me."
He's playing with a quiet confidence, which IMO, is the only thing that has been missing in his game.

jap

Legend
Glad to see many of the doubters coming around. This is the guy I have seen for the past 2 months, and tried to tell people that he isn't the same player he was a year ago.

You can see the swagger he has, even after he gets tackled he looks around as if to say, "I'll be back. You can't stop me."
He's playing with a quiet confidence, which IMO, is the only thing that has been missing in his game.

Somehow I still have the impression that Brian hasn't had his true breakout game yet.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Somehow I still have the impression that Brian hasn't had his true breakout game yet.
I agree with this, but he is on a pace to double his career total for receptions by week 4. I want to see him make a difference in the Red Zone.

Along with Britt, Cook, Kendricks and Pettis, they should be very productive. Just need to get there more often.

Wonderboy

Rookie
If Kenny Britt only has 12 catches all year his signing will have been worth it for his assistance in developing Quick. I just feel like he has given Quick the blueprint of what strong big bodied wide receivers should do.

I hadn't ever thought of it this way but I completely agree! We should have a long term cast in place (even without Britt) with Quick, Bailey, Austin, Pettis, & Givens (in that order). And if Britt helped out Quick over the top, God bless him for it. Go Rams!

lockdnram21

Legend
He went up in double coverage and darn near had it. This is a good thing, Pettis, Britt and Quick, who do you cover?

Tampa dared our third string quarterback to pass so he did, and those three more than held their own.
dont forget Cook he made some good catches

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
14 for 173 if you had told me that prior to the season those would be his catches and yards I would have peed myself.
He is getting open and looks every bit the receiver we were told he may be by all those reporting from camp. Very nice BQ you are one of the bright spots and what this team needs. A player developing and becoming a tangible asset to a team in need of players to develope in this manner

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Brian Quick looks like he is now the #1 WR we have been missing since Holt left. Too bad we didn't get to see Bradford throwing him the ball this year, that combination would have been deadly.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
One of the most impressive thing is just that he is getting open nailing his routes and adjustments, irrespective of who we have slinging him the ball. His confidence and lack of hesitation are making him an option for whoever throws it

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Let's don't forget that Quick's production has been achieved by catching passes from our 2nd and 3rd string QB's.

Both the QB's AND Quick are only gonna get better and better.

I'm very optimistic, fellas...