Brian Billick said Warner would not have survived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
a 2000 matchup with 2000 Ravens defense.

Uhhh, the 1999 Ravens defense didn't do too well. Just sayin'

Ramathon

a 2000 matchup with 2000 Ravens defense.

Uhhh, the 1999 Ravens defense didn't do too well. Just sayin'

He was joking. He was on The Fast Lane on ESPN101 yesterday, and towards the end of the segment, Randy Karraker relayed to him that Mike Martz has said in the past that he would have loved to have the GSOT O meet up with the Ravens D. And Billick semi-jokingly stood up for his team. Exactly what you would expect him to do.

This is making something out of absolutely nothing.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was joking. He was on The Fast Lane on ESPN101 yesterday, and towards the end of the segment, Randy Karraker relayed to him that Mike Martz has said in the past that he would have loved to have the GSOT O meet up with the Ravens D. And Billick semi-jokingly stood up for his team. Exactly what you would expect him to do.

This is making something out of absolutely nothing.
I get that he was semi-joking, but I am not making anything out of anything. Just making conversation.

Here is link:
View: https://soundcloud.com/101sports/how-would-the-gsot-offense

go to about 6:30 mark. And he's sticking up for his team, but he's also didn't mention he played Warner the year before and Warner toasted that defense. It was not as good as 200 defense, but it was 9 of 11 the same guys. Sam Adams and a new CB . . . and it was a top 5 defense in 1999 in both points and yards. Rams offense had not peaked in 1999 game 1 and Ravens defense had not peaked in game 1 in 1999.

Rams would have more problems stopping Ravens than moving the ball and scoring on them, IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I get that he was semi-joking, but I am not making anything out of anything. Just making conversation.

Here is link:

go to about 6:30 mark. And he's sticking up for his team, but he's also didn't mention he played Warner the year before and Warner toasted that defense. It was not as good as 200 defense, but it was 9 of 11 the same guys. Sam Adams and a new CB . . . and it was a top 5 defense in 1999 in both points and yards. Rams offense had not peaked in 1999 game 1 and Ravens defense had not peaked in game 1 in 1999.

Rams would have more problems stopping Ravens than moving the ball and scoring on them, IMO.

As far as what he says about his Raven's "I call for a BS Alert!!" IMHO the GSOT WOULD HAVE RUN THEM RAGGED!!:D

jdhommert

Rookie
Would have been an outstanding matchup. The game against the Bucs was a firefight.

Those 2 teams have the best defenses in the last 20+ years imo...at least I cant think of another one off the top of my head

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Would have been an outstanding matchup. The game against the Bucs was a firefight.

Those 2 teams have the best defenses in the last 20+ years imo...at least I cant think of another one off the top of my head

Um...1985 Bears?

Wait, never mind. Just ignore me.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Their offense was terrible, our defense not so bad.

We win

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When he got fired from whatever network that allowed him to ruin perfectly good NFL football games last year,,, I was thinking that I would finally never have to hear this idiot spew anymore of his diarrhea mouth.

Sigh.

I certainly didn't play this clip. We should all just be very thankful that this tool doesn't fuck up live game broadcasts anymore.

Fuck him. He's beyond irrelevant.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The one thing I would worry about is the cheap shots , which is why I find it curious that Billick said Warner wouldn't have survived, if memory serves me Siragusa put Gannon out of their game with the Raiders on a blatant cheap shot.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
He forgets how good the 99 Rams D was! I don't think they had enough speed to cover all the weapons the Rams had on offense either.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
d Gold, post: 421535, member: 1141"]I get that he was semi-joking, but I am not making anything out of anything. Just making conversation.

Here is link:

Rams would have more problems stopping Ravens than moving the ball and scoring on them, IMO.[/QUOTE]

"Trent Dilfer, difference maker"

that does not sound right. Nope, something definitely wrong with that.

jap

Legend
The one thing I would worry about is the cheap shots , which is why I find it curious that Billick said Warner wouldn't have survived, if memory serves me Siragusa put Gannon out of their game with the Raiders on a blatant cheap shot.

Orlando Pace would have bitch-slapped anyone on that Ravens D taking a cheap shot, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it! I remember when Junior Seau shoved Marshall out of bounds on the Chargers sideline and then got into Marshall's face. 'Lando hurried over and shoved Seau away in front of his entire team's bench and not one! Charger made a move to challenge the Pancake Blockmeister. 'Lando was law and order. Only cheap shots by the damn refs kept 'Lando quiet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've always said that the Rams would have won because of Faulk. He wold be the X factor and would have negated their pass rush on screens and draws and would have taken Ray Lewis out of the game. It wouldn't have been a blowout but I can see something like 24-13 or 24-17 or whatever.

Look at what that O did to the defenses it played and they played some really good ones that year.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm sorry that Ravens D was beast TBH but the one thing we had that they didn't was Marshall that would of slightly tipped everything our direction.

The Titans had a pretty good D with a much better offense and we beat them so I think we could of slighted out a win vs. the Ravens TBH.