Brian Billick out at FOX Sports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Fox Sports Parts Ways with NFL Announcer Brian Billick After Six Years
By Jason McIntyre

Fox Sports has parted ways with football analyst Brian Billick after six years, sources tell The Big Lead. Billick’s contract was up, and Fox Sports decided not to renew it.

A Fox Sports spokesman confirmed the news to The Big Lead Sunday afternoon. “We simply decided to move in a different direction. We appreciate all of Brian’s contributions over the years at Fox.”

In January 2013, Billick and play-by-play announcer Thom Brennaman called a playoff game. In January 2014, Fox instead went with the up-and-coming pair of Kevin Burkhardt and analyst John Lynch.

It’s unclear what the next step will be for Billick, who won a Super Bowl as coach of the Baltimore Ravens. He turned 60 in February, but last coached in 2007. One possible landing spot is the NFL Network.
----------------------
PFT

Billick was head coach of the Ravens from 1999 to 2007 and led them to a championship at Super Bowl XXXV. He had been serving as a color commentator during games on FOX for six seasons, and a year ago he appeared to be viewed as a rising star at the network, as FOX assigned Billick to a playoff game. But now the 60-year-old Billick is departing the booth.
----------------------
Don't know if he was interested in another coaching gig or not but if so I'm surprised he wasn't hired. Maybe next season he will get some offers.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Billick was horrible. Usually unprepared and BSed his way through a game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Easily one of my least favourite TV guys. Annoying as hell.

Ram_of_Old

He rode a fantastic defense to a SB win. He is a self indulgent, overrated egomaniac.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
His "star value" had a shelf life, after that he had to have some real broadcast talent, just not enough of that so in come the more current "stars".

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm usually not too picky but I really didn't like Billick's broadcasting.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
28wj8g0.jpg

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
And he continuously bashed the Rams. Rarely had a good word to say about them, he always sounded like he was rooting for the other team. Go back and watch the Rams at Carolina.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Billick was counterfeit from jumpstreet. He rode that insane offense in Minny (who wouldn't have looked good as an OC with that talent??), and parlayed it into a coaching job in Bmore where he once again hit the jackpot with one of the best defenses in league history. Dude released his SB winning QB and threw a Brinks truck of $ at Elvis fucking Grbac. Never put a decent offense on the field in Bmore. That team won in SPITE of Billick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly.

He was always given far too much credit.

He hit the perfect storm twice. Whenever listening to him talk football, I kept imagining other coaches saying to each other, "How the Hell did this guy win a SuperBowll?"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Billick was counterfeit from jumpstreet. He rode that insane offense in Minny (who wouldn't have looked good as an OC with that talent??), and parlayed it into a coaching job in Bmore where he once again hit the jackpot with one of the best defenses in league history. Dude released his SB winning QB and threw a Brinks truck of $ at Elvis freaking Grbac. Never put a decent offense on the field in Bmore. That team won in SPITE of Billick.

Remember when the Rams were shopping Trent Green?

I was on another board saying that if he went to BAL or PITT that he would end up with a couple of rings. Those two teams were that totally stacked on both sides of the ball and only needed a QB. Literally they each were just a good QB from being on top of the conference and possibly the NFL.

Cowher stuck with Cordell Stewart and Billick went with Elvis Grbac. Ouch on both counts, two horrible decisions.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
NOW ,NOW , let's stick to his broadcast abilities,I will forever love how Billick described the NY Gints and how over confident they were coming into that Super Bowl,said they were "all farts and giggles", then they didn't KNOW WHAT hit them, kinda like the Broncos this year.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Well this MAY BE our last chance to reminisce about Brian and the "good old days " so here for everyone's viewing enjoyment , Brian when he first came on my radar screen. He'd just been fired as a player.

Psycho_X

Legend
Agreed with most here, he was awful. Course I can't stand the majority of football announcers these days on any of the channels. Billick was one of the worst though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One of the values I live by is never allow your strength to become your weakness! Jay Zygmunt did this when he outsmarted himself signing LB Jamie Duncan over London Fletcher and Brian Billick who has a Masters in Communication thought he was smarter than everyone else.

This is why although being a Head Coach of a Super Bowl team cannot land a Head Coaching gig despite others getting jobs who are less qualified and now being fired because he never did game preperation when being the color analyst on Sunday...Next Step? Who knows, but I don't think he'll get a Head Coaching opportunity.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Now if I never have to see Schlereth and that douche who used to play for the patises, you can color me a happy man.