Breshad Perriman wows scouts with 4.25-second 40-yard dash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Yea, it's hard for me to advocate for Perriman. I don't see him as a scheme fit. I'd rather have Parker than Perriman (assuming the top two are gone).

The issues with Perriman are that you can't trust his hands (IMO, he struggles tracking the football) and he's a poor route runner with flexibility issues (will make it very difficult for him to be an effective route runner).

I've compared him to Kenny Britt before and I stand by that. Issue is that we already have Kenny Britt and it doesn't make sense to have two guys for the same role. Especially considering Perriman's limitations.

There are a lot of Receivers I think I take over him. Parker, Green-Beckham, Greene are guys I like better. And I'm warming up to Jaelen Strong. Hate his hips and question whether or not he can get separation at the pro level, but this team needs a guy that's going to move the sticks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a lot of Receivers I think I take over him. Parker, Green-Beckham, Greene are guys I like better. And I'm warming up to Jaelen Strong. Hate his hips and question whether or not he can get separation at the pro level, but this team needs a guy that's going to move the sticks.

I just won't get sold on Jaelen Strong in our offense. He's too much of a linear athlete. There are too few routes that he'll separate on at the next level against NFL defenders. He timed fast and certainly plays up to it but he is inflexible, extremely tightly wound in his hips, and can't maintain his speed through his cuts. The only routes he excels on are ones with vertical cuts and a select few with speed cuts. CBs stick to him like velcro on hard angle cuts.

He's a guy that will be made or broken by the scheme he lands in.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I just won't get sold on Jaelen Strong in our offense. He's too much of a linear athlete. There are too few routes that he'll separate on at the next level against NFL defenders. He timed fast and certainly plays up to it but he is inflexible, extremely tightly wound in his hips, and can't maintain his speed through his cuts. The only routes he excels on are ones with vertical cuts and a select few with speed cuts. CBs stick to him like velcro on hard angle cuts.

He's a guy that will be made or broken by the scheme he lands in.

Yeah, he definitely has tight end-like stiffness in his hips which is going to really limit him at the next level.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
As far as his drops are concerned does anyone know if that come from looking to move up field or just bad hands?