Breaking News: Schiano discovers new late-game strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
3e17d16dd13f40878e63910.png

Bradford has led more than 1 scoring drive in the 4th to take the lead. Including 2 in the Lions game.

Iron Lion

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He had a chance to end the game on third down and threw it 20 miles over Amendola, we all saw it.

I don't know why everyone hates on my Stafford... it's not like I'm saying I'd take my Lions defense over the Rams defense. That would be absurd.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not hating on Stafford, I would just take Bradford over him. Apparently that scout would too. You brought up QB's.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
He had a chance to end the game on third down and threw it 20 miles over Amendola, we all saw it.

I don't know why everyone hates on my Stafford... it's not like I'm saying I'd take my Lions defense over the Rams defense. That would be absurd.

Well it'd help if he wore his cap with the bill up front.
The QB position is like a CEO, QB's like Stafford who act like WR's don't command the respect a guy like Bradford does. In the QB position a conservative type just exudes confidence instead of bravado.
Example , Newton's Superman act, sure it attracts cameras ,but he needs to take more of a supportive roll. I'd add this ,while last quarter comebacks are great there is a point beyond which they indicate poor play through three quarters. Jake Plummer was a perfect example.

How'd school go this week? I think it's a great thing how you put this stuff aside through the week and come back on weekends, indicates discipline.

Iron Lion

Starter
School went well, thanks. Still quite busy.

And I think stafford has done enough to earn his team's respect regardless of his personality.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:

And I think stafford has done enough to earn his team's respect regardless of his personality.

You are right completely, that IS what you think, but every person gets that opportunity however and the more a team sees a QB as just one of the guys the less they fear him the fewer tools he has at his disposal as a leader.
Every player is different some need to fear a leader, it's not universal so he can't be a prick , but the QB can't be a regular guy,there is no other position in team sports where a player has to be a leader to the degree a QB has to be.
Bradford is a bit of a square, and fits the mold more than Stafford, not that Stafford is a very tallented guy, he is, just not the complete package that Sam is.

Hang with the school pooty, every day you walk out of the classroom a more powerful person.

Dochal

UDFA
Um, not intending to interrupt the ongoing dialogue here or anything, but does anyone know if Schiano got to employ his revolutionary, uber-aggressive, game-breaking strategy in yet another loss today? And, if so, how did that work for him?

I have yet to see even one other team do what Schiano does which, of course, makes him an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and the rest of the coaches mindless conformists...

Iron Lion

Starter
Thordaddy said:
Iron Lion said:

You are right completely, that IS what you think, but every person gets that opportunity however and the more a team sees a QB as just one of the guys the less they fear him the fewer tools he has at his disposal as a leader.
Every player is different some need to fear a leader, it's not universal so he can't be a prick , but the QB can't be a regular guy,there is no other position in team sports where a player has to be a leader to the degree a QB has to be.
Bradford is a bit of a square, and fits the mold more than Stafford, not that Stafford is a very tallented guy, he is, just not the complete package that Sam is.

Hang with the school pooty, every day you walk out of the classroom a more powerful person.

I just don't see how what you're saying is viable. Stafford's had too many comebacks to not be respected in the locker room.

Dochal said:
Um, not intending to interrupt the ongoing dialogue here or anything, but does anyone know if Schiano got to employ his revolutionary, uber-aggressive, game-breaking strategy in yet another loss today? And, if so, how did that work for him?

I have yet to see even one other team do what Schiano does which, of course, makes him an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and the rest of the coaches mindless conformists...

The Bucs turned the ball over on downs with 0:00 on the clock. Therefore I think the strategy at that point was for Schiano to go to midfield for the coach's handshake and then surprise Kromer with a quick 3-point stance and BOOM! shot to the chops.

Dochal

UDFA
Iron Lion said:
Thordaddy said:
Iron Lion said:

I just don't see how what you're saying is viable. Stafford's had too many comebacks to not be respected in the locker room.

Dochal said:

The Bucs turned the ball over on downs with 0:00 on the clock. Therefore I think the strategy at that point was for Schiano to go to midfield for the coach's handshake and then surprise Kromer with a quick 3-point stance and BOOM! shot to the chops.

Thanks...a likely scenario...lol

I see that that well-known coaching wimp Jim Schwartz let the Bears QB go to one knee without so much as a head slap from Suh at the end of the Monday nighter...the game is clearly going to Hell in a handbasket...