Breaking News: Rams resign OL Chris Williams 1y 2.75 mill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Re: Breaking News: Rams resign OL Chris Williams 1y 2.75 mil

Yeah... I read that too.

I wanna know why we are giving him so much money. Doesnt seam to make sense considering how close to the cap we are. We must have done some restructuring or something. WIth this news plus bringing in Smith for a visit

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

FWIW...It is April 1st so hope this is on the up & up, however, IMO Williams outplayed Smith when Harvey Dahl went down at RG. The Rams ran better behind him and he actually pass protected better as well.

Another solid signing for depth and maybe just maybe you could see the first three picks go Wide Receiver, Safety & then WR in round two. Starting to like what I see out of Robert Woods from USC...Could a modern day Isaac Bruce. Great route runner that plays faster then his timed speed.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I promise this isn't a joke!!!

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken

Ummm...I am not sure if it's true or it's April Fools? Have to take it with a grain of salt with information today.:(

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

PressureD41 said:
I promise this isn't a joke!!!

Did not think so sir just was protecting against it...It's quite obvious someone on the Rams likes Williams. IMO he's much better at Guard than Tackle and time for Coach Boo to work his magic once again.

A55VA6

Legend

It's real guys.. lol

I think it's a GOOD move. He's versatile. Has alot of talent. Just needs to be coached up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Former 1st round pick. I wonder if this means anything about Rodger Saffold.

Simba

Rookie

Angry Ram said:
Former 1st round pick. I wonder if this means anything about Rodger Saffold.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

$2.75 feels a little steep.

Then again, he's a versatile player.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

den-the-coach said:
FWIW...It is April 1st so hope this is on the up & up, however, IMO Williams outplayed Smith when Harvey Dahl went down at RG. The Rams ran better behind him and he actually pass protected better as well.

Another solid signing for depth and maybe just maybe you could see the first three picks go Wide Receiver, Safety & then WR in round two. Starting to [hil]like what I see out of Robert Woods from USC...Could a modern day Isaac Bruce. Great route runner that plays faster then his timed speed.[/hil]

I think Woods could be the missing jigsaw piece for our offence, the guy has the sweetest catching action and as you said runs the most beautiful routes!

But getting back to the topic - great signing, we need stability on the o-line with guys that can just step right in, Altho I still have a feeling that Dahl may (have to) get cut if they can't restructure his cap amount :(

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB

2.75? wow that's a bit steep for my liking. Of course he may see very little of that.

His role: potentially depth as utility backup at Guard & Tackle. Not sure he makes it past August though. Rok and others may beat him out.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

That's starter money sports fans.
A game must be afoot.

Speeps

Starter

biggame1190 said:
2.75? wow that's a bit steep for my liking. Of course he may see very little of that.

His role: potentially depth as utility backup at Guard & Tackle. Not sure he makes it past August though. Rok and others may beat him out.
He won't be making 2.75 million dollars. He could earn up to 2.75 million dollars. I think his base salary is a little more than veterans minimum.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it''s like the rams had 3 1st round picks in the 2008 draft.

#1, #2 and #14.

i have a feeling they''re gonna work out better than the 3 picks in the 1st round of the 2001 draft.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

The deal is worth "up to" $2.75 million, but Williams' base salary should be near the veteran's minimum. The former first-round bust appeared in six games between the Rams and Bears last season, playing 88 snaps. He won't be guaranteed a roster spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

kurtfaulk said:

it''s like the rams had 3 1st round picks in the 2008 draft.

#1, #2 and #14.

i have a feeling they''re gonna work out better than the 3 picks in the 1st round of the 2001 draft.

:lmao:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Username said:
The deal is worth "up to" $2.75 million, but Williams' base salary should be near the veteran's minimum. The former first-round bust appeared in six games between the Rams and Bears last season, playing 88 snaps. He won't be guaranteed a roster spot.
That seems more like it...he may not get out of training camp