Breaking News PED Policy Announced, Stedman Bailey eligible to Return to Team this week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
justingif.gif

V3

Hall of Fame
Very happy about Bailey but I still don't get why Gordon is still getting 10 games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
500px-Crowd_raising_hands.jpg
:banana: :rockon: :cheers::snicker: :lifting: :banana: :rockon: :cheers:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very happy about Bailey but I still don't get why Gordon is still getting 10 games.

Because that was the deal negotiated with the NFLPA.

V3

Hall of Fame
Because that was the deal negotiated with the NFLPA.
But why single Gordon out? These other players have more than one violation, correct? I thought that if you received a 4 game suspension, that meant you already had one violation prior to that. These players are having their suspensions lifted. Why them but not Gordon? That's all I'm a little confused about.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But why single Gordon out? These other players have more than one violation, correct? I thought that if you received a 4 game suspension, that meant you already had one violation prior to that. These players are having their suspensions lifted. Why them but not Gordon? That's all I'm a little confused about.

Multiple violations on his part.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My understanding is that all currently suspended for drugs or actions with new penalties under the new agreement are having their penalties adjusted to what it would have been if sentenced under the new deal. They aren't changing what constituted a violation, but just reducing the penalty. Which is what happened. Missing a test, testing positive for a masking agent, etc is now a 2 game penalty, not 4. So Bailey is eligible to return. What would have triggered a year long suspension under the old system is now a 10 game suspension, so that's what Gordon is getting.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
I've been watching NFL network this morning, and Rappaport was saying Bailey was suspended for amphetamine use. I don't think we ever actually heard an official statement.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Gordon's last offense was for DWI. Ndoes not fall in the same area as the other 4 offenses. Coped his plea before the new rules which carries an automatic 2 game suspension for DWI.......

V3

Hall of Fame
Okay, that was the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
from the bits I read of the new rules it has no effect on their marijuana punishments anyways just tweaks punishments and now you CAN NOT be suspended for a positive test during the offseason.