Breaking Down St. Louis Rams Roster After the 2015 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jenkins is a TD waiting to happen. In both directions. He is the highest scoring DB in the league if I'm not mistaken. I would almost rather keep him.

In the first quarter, when you can recover from mistakes and are looking for a big play, JJ is our best corner.
In the fourth quarter, when you can't afford mistakes and you need to hold a lead or a 3rd down, I'd rather have True or EJ.
To me, that means JJ is the expendable one.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
In the first quarter, when you can recover from mistakes and are looking for a big play, JJ is our best corner.
In the fourth quarter, when you can't afford mistakes and you need to hold a lead or a 3rd down, I'd rather have True or EJ.
To me, that means JJ is the expendable one.

I'd keep them both and rotate, JJ needs to stop giving up those big plays, agree that JJ is a risk in a close game in the 4th

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Hopefully all 4 ( JJ, True, Gaines, Joyner) continue to improve and each gets closer to they're potential. ...not only making it hard for us to keep everyone but making it real hard on opposing offenses.......I don't care which 3 are on the field at the same time as long as they help this defense become no.1......;)

Go Rams............ ;)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd rather they let JJ walk.

I'm not as impressed with him either. But I think Fisher thinks more of him than we do. I thought Johnson could be the better corner of the two, but his tackling has been subpar lately.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I would rather see EJ Gaines and Tru Johnson start. I'm sorry but Jenkins got beat way too many times last year for big plays. :mad::fighting:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wide Receiver/Tight End
hi-res-2027caef9077ffdd7fa1fdb5c037fecb_crop_north.jpg

Tom Gannam/Associated Press

Starting Receivers:
Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin (Slot)

Starting Tight Ends: Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks

Depth Receivers: Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens, Bud Sasser, Damian Williams, Devon Wylie, Tyler Slavin

Depth Tight Ends: Cory Harkey, Alex Bayer, Justice Cunningham, Mason Brodine, Brad Smelley

The St. Louis receivers have the potential to be productive in 2015. It depends on how well the offensive line can protect Foles.

Kenny Britt was the top receiver in 2014 (48 catches, 748 yards) and has shocked the doubters by stepping up as a veteran leader.

Brian Quick will be the top receiver next season if he can return to his 2014 form. He was on his way to a breakout campaign last year, but a devastating shoulder injury ended his season prematurely.

As for Tavon Austin, it's difficult to say what the expectations will be. The coaching staff hasn't utilized him properly, but his few touches in 2014 were unimpressive. He caught 31 passes and averaged a miserable 7.8 yards per catch last season.

Stedman Bailey should see an increase in his reps, but Chris Givens and Bud Sasser will struggle for playing time.

At tight end, Jared Cook is an excellent target. He struggles with inconsistency and isn't a great blocker, but he'll be a key target for Foles.

Lance Kendricks will see some action in the passing game, but his primary duties will be as a run-blocker.

The TE group bothers me as the Kendricks and Cook combination stinks, IMO. Both are good players, but if they really want to do this running game right, they need a better inline blocker at TE.

I also think that they would be better off with a legit FB. While Kendricks and Harkey are fine at trap blocks, both leave a lot to be desired as lead blockers on isolation plays. Kendricks offers next to nothing while Harkey surprisingly seems to catch a lot of blocks. Maybe it's just me, but I long for the days when James Hodgins was blowing people up and creating larger running lanes while Ernie Conwell was effectively blocking even DEs.

Hopefully, Mason Brodine & Justice Cunningham forces them to make a tough call summer and/or they bring in a legit FB like JC Copeland who I believe is unsigned to date.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would rather see EJ Gaines and Tru Johnson start. I'm sorry but Jenkins got beat way too many times last year for big plays. :mad::fighting:

While I concur with your assessment, Jenkins when he gambles and wins, he takes it to the house. IMO because he's a play-maker, he'll continue to line up at RCB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The TE group bothers me as the Kendricks and Cook combination stinks, IMO. Both are good players, but if they really want to do this running game right, they need a better inline blocker at TE.

I also think that they would be better off with a legit FB. While Kendricks and Harkey are fine at trap blocks, both leave a lot to be desired as lead blockers on isolation plays. Kendricks offers next to nothing while Harkey surprisingly seems to catch a lot of blocks. Maybe it's just me, but I long for the days when James Hodgins was blowing people up and creating larger running lanes while Ernie Conwell was effectively blocking even DEs.

Hopefully, Mason Brodine & Justice Cunningham forces them to make a tough call summer and/or they bring in a legit FB like JC Copeland who I believe is unsigned to date.

Fisher knew going into resigning Kendricks what kind of offense he wants. Something tells me he's good with Kendricks in the game plan. As for that blocking TE look no further than Corey Harkey. We signed a UDFA FB which could signal Harkey being used more in his TE slot than in the backfield.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Fisher knew going into resigning Kendricks what kind of offense he wants. Something tells me he's good with Kendricks in the game plan. As for that blocking TE look no further than Corey Harkey. We signed a UDFA FB which could signal Harkey being used more in his TE slot than in the backfield.

Both are better inline than in the backfield as lead blockers. Had hopes that UDFA FB could be the answer but from what I've read he's 225 lbs. & more athlete than blocker.

I guess I see Kendricks as better off in Cook's role, Harkey better off in Kendricks role, and the team better off with a legit FB.

Last edited: