Brandt: Rams Working Out Petty in Waco on Saturday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Baylor QB Bryce Petty has a workout scheduled with the Rams in Waco, Texas on Saturday. Rams have indicated they intend to draft a QB.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Is that his 2nd with the Rams? Can't remember, thought we worked him out before.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Baylor QB Bryce Petty has a workout scheduled with the Rams in Waco, Texas on Saturday. Rams have indicated they intend to draft a QB.
Showing a lot of interest in Petty. He has some nice tools. I wouldn't be devastated. The only guy I really don't like, or know that much about, is Grayson. Where is he in all this post season stuff? Hate his release, it's bad, bad. Like his grittiness.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bryce Petty scheduled for workout with Rams
Posted by Josh Alper on April 15, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/15/bryce-petty-scheduled-for-workout-with-rams/

The Rams set up workouts with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota this month, although it will likely a big price in a trade for them to move high enough up the draft order to secure either of those quarterbacks.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said the team intends to add a quarterback to the roster in the draft, though, which means they can’t just look at those two players. Gil Brandt of NFL Media reports that Baylor’s Bryce Petty will be on that list.

Brandt reports that Petty is scheduled to work out for the Rams on Saturday, who join the Cowboys, Jets and Chargers as teams that have spent time with Petty during the pre-draft process. While Baylor coach Art Briles has touted Petty as a first-rounder, the wider consensus has pegged him as a second day pick.

With Nick Foles in St. Louis, the Rams probably wouldn’t look to Petty as a starter right away. That’s probably best for a quarterback who had his ups and downs last year in a spread offense at Baylor and likely needs time and tutoring if his skills are going to translate to the professional level.

Athos

Legend
If you think Oregon's system is gimmicky.......just look at Baylor's. That's the offensive scheme that scares me.

Outside of WRs, everyone seems to fail, especially lately. RG-Me, Baylor linemen, Baylor RBs. Yuck.