Brandon Scherff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me ANY Top 10 Pick is automatically a BPA pick, regardless of position!! So it's Trade down or BPA!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams right now need an OG & a ORT in the worse way. It's an unknown if the Rams will be able to sign any UFA's into this OL. The NFL Scouting Combine will be a vital event with Brandon on where he will go in the 2015 draft. WE will have to wait until Feb. 17-23 to see what kind of skills & talents he will bring to the show. We know a lot about his ability to be a OLG or even a ORG in the NFL.....excellent! But the big question will be his ability to show that he has the skills & talent to play the Right OT spot. The current line of thought on him is it highly questionable. Thus making him just an interior OL'er.

If that holds true then Brandon would not even be a good #10 selection. This upcoming draft has a good amount of outstanding OG's that will certainly be there on the second day of the draft[rounds 2 & 3]. I would sure look to get my talent for the interior OL then. My thoughts right now is that Lael Collins & even TJ Clemmings have the abilities to be a starting ORT in the NFL. Collins looks to be the much NFL ready ORT than Clemmings who needs a lot more time to stew. I believe both can play the interior OG post as a rookie where the Rams have needs too. With some grooming TJ Clemmings has the look that he could be a swing OT.

Brandon Scherff just does not seem to be the correct pick IMO. If you want Collins you will have to stay @ #10 and not trade down. OT's as always will go fast & quick.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
To me ANY Top 10 Pick is automatically a BPA pick, regardless of position!! So it's Trade down or BPA!
Agreed with the sole exception that I don't want a DE or DT.

Or punter, but I don't know if any punter has ever gone Top 10.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As usual i'm lagging behind you guys as far as looking at draft prospects but I've started getting it going a little. As Elmgrove mentioned, the more i look at the top talent...the more it appears that at #10 the Rams might be better served to avoid the OLine pick there. Trading down to around #15-#20 and grabbing one of these G/T's there makes for better value.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Absolutely not to Scherff. Just completely lacks the athleticism needed to play in the NFL, and I don't even think he'd be good at left guard because he'd probably get beat by defensive tackles with quick burst and wouldn't be athletic enough to pull. Strictly a right guard at best. I'd take Clemmings, Collins, Cann, Tomlinson, Peat, Sambrailo, Erving, and Poutasi over him - and that's just offensive tackles and guards.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Absolutely not to Scherff. Just completely lacks the athleticism needed to play in the NFL, and I don't even think he'd be good at left guard because he'd probably get beat by defensive tackles with quick burst and wouldn't be athletic enough to pull. Strictly a right guard at best. I'd take Clemmings, Collins, Cann, Tomlinson, Peat, Sambrailo, Erving, and Poutasi over him - and that's just offensive tackles and guards.

That surprises me. But, I will admit that I have never seen Scherff play and I am going strictly what I have been reading by the so-called Draft experts but it seems like most of them have Scherff in the top 10 and most have him at their top rated offensive lineman. If you don't like Scherff who are your two top rated OL in the Draft and would you take him (them) at #10 or trade down?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That surprises me. But, I will admit that I have never seen Scherff play and I am going strictly what I have been reading by the so-called Draft experts but it seems like most of them have Scherff in the top 10 and most have him at their top rated offensive lineman. If you don't like Scherff who are your two top rated OL in the Draft and would you take him (them) at #10 or trade down?

My top two OL are Peat and Clemmings. They're undeniably talented. Peat took David Yankey's job as the left tackle (and Yankey was considered a top pick at the time), while Clemmings has so much untapped potential and reminds me of a lesser Tyron Smith. Collins is the third, and I believe that he could be dominant at both guard and right tackle.

My favorite guard is Tomlinson. I've kept my eye on him for quite some time, and it's a shame that he's shot up this far. Tomlinson is one of the most reliable players you'll see on a football field. He started every game for Duke ever since he was a true freshman. Cann and Kouandjio round out my top three true guards.

My sleeper in this draft is Jamil Douglas (Arizona State). He's very athletic and strong with a mean streak a mile wide. He's a second round talent, but he's projected to be in the fourth round because of character concerns.

I don't think that any of them are a Greg Robinson/Jake Matthews type, so I'd probably trade down from #10 to get one of them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Scherff isn't lacking in athleticism for an OG. He's very explosive and athletic in a straight-line. Will likely challenge a 4.9/5.0. He just doesn't have the lateral agility and range to play LT(or RT imo). But his lateral agility is fine for an OG. And he can definitely pull.

He's a lot like Zack Martin in that regard. Plenty athletic for OG but I don't think he'd hold up nearly as well on the edge.