Brandon Scherff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
IF, OL Brandon Scherff is available when the Rams pick at #10 he would be my choice (If, Winston & Mariota are both gone as expected). If Scherff has already been selected then I will be hoping for either OT Andrus Peat, WR Doriel Green-Beckham (HUGE Gamble but could pay tremendous dividends!), WR DeVante Parker, OL La'El Collins or WR Kevin White.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree with you on the QB's but I would go TJ Clemmings over Schreff. I might even go Collins over him. I like Schreff but I might go Parker and White over him too. The gap is small, but grabbing any of the guys you mentioned outside of DGB and Peat at 10 would be a win.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you on the QB's but I would go TJ Clemmings over Schreff. I might even go Collins over him. I like Schreff but I might go Parker and White over him too. The gap is small, but grabbing any of the guys you mentioned outside of DGB and Peat at 10 would be a win.

I understand you not wanting DGB (Huge Risk) but what about Peat? Is it because he is probably strictly an OT or does he have some weaknesses that concern you? I have never seen him play so I am just going by what I have read so he may have some concerns/red flags that I have not read about.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think I'd take Scherff at #10. In a trade down? Sure. But there will likely be better value. Guy could be a great OG for us but I don't see him holding up on the edge at OT. I have him rated below Collins and Clemmings.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I understand you not wanting DGB (Huge Risk) but what about Peat? Is it because he is probably strictly an OT or does he have some weaknesses that concern you? I have never seen him play so I am just going by what I have read so he may have some concerns/red flags that I have not read about.

It's really just about value. I think we need a RT depending on what happens with Barksdale. Peat is good but I think it may take a year of two and ultimately his ceiling is like a Nate Solder type. He will be a good player but not great. I like Peat in a trade down scenario, say somewhere between 19-25.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't think I'd take Scherff at #10. In a trade down? Sure. But there will likely be better value. Guy could be a great OG for us but I don't see him holding up on the edge at OT. I have him rated below Collins and Clemmings.

I agree although I think I like him as a RT more than you do. I think he can come in as a rook and play a very good OG. I also think he can come in as a rook and give you what Barksdale did as a RT.

I definately have Clemmings ahead of him and probably even with Collins.

Would you take him if Barksdale walked and Clemmings and Collins were gone at 10?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Robbie Havenstein looks like he would be a good replacement for Barksdale. I agree with Jrry on Scherf. I think his best position is guard and He would excel there.

I don't want Andrus Peat. I think he is more of an agile pass protector that doesn't have the physicality or mentality to be a road grader.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep trying to imagine who the BPA at ten may be and keep thinking it ends up being a WR.

I never lean towards a trade back, however this year it may be best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree although I think I like him as a RT more than you do. I think he can come in as a rook and play a very good OG. I also think he can come in as a rook and give you what Barksdale did as a RT.

I definately have Clemmings ahead of him and probably even with Collins.

Would you take him if Barksdale walked and Clemmings and Collins were gone at 10?

I'd try to trade back if that happened. But I could definitely take him...although, again, I wouldn't be drafting him to replace Barksdale. I'd be drafting him to replace Davin Joseph.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd try to trade back if that happened. But I could definitely take him...although, again, I wouldn't be drafting him to replace Barksdale. I'd be drafting him to replace Davin Joseph.

I like Saffold better as a ORG. I would be happy moving him back to that side and taking a LG. however that may not be best for GRob. Saffold pulling from right to left seemed more affective and abarksdale seemed to play much better with Saffold on his side.

Laken Tomlinson looks like he could play LG well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would be very happy if the Rams end up with two Guards in this offseason even if they resign Barksdale. They need better depth and injuries are always a concern for Saffold.

They need a center too. Garcia looked good at the Sr. bowl. I was disappointed with some of the others. Mayock said he thinks the Guard from GT Shaq Mason should be a Center in the NFL.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I keep trying to imagine who the BPA at ten may be and keep thinking it ends up being a WR.

I never lean towards a trade back, however this year it may be best.

I agree on BPA being a WR. White or Parker could be there at 10. I can see a lot of teams trying to move up for one of them if we are not looking to go WR there. As much help as we need on the line I would have a tough time passing on them. That being said Clemmings, Collins and Schreff could all be there, most likely 1 or 2 of the tackles I mentioned could be there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree on BPA being a WR. White or Parker could be there at 10. I can see a lot of teams trying to move up for one of them if we are not looking to go WR there. As much help as we need on the line I would have a tough time passing on them. That being said Clemmings, Collins and Schreff could all be there, most likely 1 or 2 of the tackles I mentioned could be there.

I really think that Clemmings Scherf and Collins at 10 is too high. If White and Parker are there along with those three, then it is clear who BPA is to me. If the trade offer is good enough to move back then okay. But it would have to really be worthwhile because when it comes to the Gs in round 1 and round 2 there is not a whole lot of difference to me. I don't see a stand out OT in the bunch. So you are talking about a whole bunch of Guards.

I stick with BPA at ten and take the WR. I said it in another post. I am not willing to wait for Tavon or Stedman to become studs, Britt is good, and after Quicks surgery the doctor said that when he opened his shoulder the muscles looked like Spaghetti. That really doesn't sound promising to me. So say that Tavon is Tavon and Stedman is Stedman and they really don't do more than they already do. Then Quick is a big health question mark. What do the Rams have that they can really rely on? Britt is it. Why wouldn't they want to add a Kevin White to the team?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I really think that Clemmings Scherf and Collins at 10 is too high. If White and Parker are there along with those three, then it is clear who BPA is to me. If the trade offer is good enough to move back then okay. But it would have to really be worthwhile because when it comes to the Gs in round 1 and round 2 there is not a whole lot of difference to me. I don't see a stand out OT in the bunch. So you are talking about a whole bunch of Guards.

I stick with BPA at ten and take the WR. I said it in another post. I am not willing to wait for Tavon or Stedman to become studs, Britt is good, and after Quicks surgery the doctor said that when he opened his shoulder the muscles looked like Spaghetti. That really doesn't sound promising to me. So say that Tavon is Tavon and Stedman is Stedman and they really don't do more than they already do. Then Quick is a big health question mark. What do the Rams have that they can really rely on? Britt is it. Why wouldn't they want to add a Kevin White to the team?

Lots of great points. Although I put Clemmings in that top 10. He can be great. I was not aware of the Quick reports and that may change things. I have been kicking around a few mocks and as much as I want to go oline, I feel like Parker, White and Shaq Thompson are all better fits from a BPA perspective.

Who do you like between Parker and White? I've been leaning towards Parker.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lots of great points. Although I put Clemmings in that top 10. He can be great. I was not aware of the Quick reports and that may change things. I have been kicking around a few mocks and as much as I want to go oline, I feel like Parker, White and Shaq Thompson are all better fits from a BPA perspective.

Who do you like between Parker and White? I've been leaning towards Parker.

I would be happy with any of Cooper, Parker or White. I think each one would be an upgrade for the Rams. But White is the cream of the crop IMO.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would be happy with any of Cooper, Parker or White. I think each one would be an upgrade for the Rams. But White is the cream of the crop IMO.

Didn't even include Cooper at 10 lol. To me if he is there it's a no brainer. Sounds like you have White ahead of Cooper. I don't think I can go there, love Coopers game but then again evaluating WR's has never been a good position for me outside of Julio Jones.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Parker is more pro ready than White but I think I have to give the edge to White because he plays with more power and aggression.

Have Cooper and White ranked about equally...although I think I'd have to take Cooper if given the choice just because he's so pro ready and such a good route runner. There's more projection to White's game...but if he taps into his potential, he's one of those guys that can impose their will...like Dez Bryant.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I definitely think we'll have an opportunity to pick up our lost 4th with a trade down (if not a bit more) and still pick up good OL talent in the mid-first. The WRs could be a good fit at 10 but I hope we get some good offers to move down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Didn't even include Cooper at 10 lol. To me if he is there it's a no brainer. Sounds like you have White ahead of Cooper. I don't think I can go there, love Coopers game but then again evaluating WR's has never been a good position for me outside of Julio Jones.

Many scouts supposedly like White better than Cooper. I don't think you will find a lot of concordance on who is the best. For myself I have watched more of West Virginia than I have Alabama, that could have something to do with it.

FRO

Legend
I don't think he would be a mega reach at 10. I too would rather have Clemmings and Collins. I like both Scherff and Collins as OGs. I think we could trade down and get one or the other. If Barksdale is resigned and there are no QBs at 10, I think the move is to try and add a second round pick and move down into the 20's targeting Scherff, Collins, or Erving.