Brandon Marshall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Larry Fitzgerald.

FIND ME A WHITE CB, NOW!

But really, you're right. There are so few top WRs that aren't divas. Most guys who get to that level do so because they want to be the best. And that often means they think they deserve the ball on every damn play.
Jason Sehorn :LOL:

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Marshall can still ball out. He had a QB situation every bit as bad as the Rams to deal with this year. He also hurt his knee earlier in the year in a night game. I remember watching the game and the play when he caught a pass and had his cleat get stuck in the ground and he twisted his knee. Looked much worse than it turned out to be, but I'm sure it hobbled him for a while after that as well.
He's better than any WR the Rams have had since Ike and Torry. If he can be had for 4-7 MIllion a year I sign him to a 3 year deal with an out after the first. He would be what Quick was supposed to be. Yes, he's emotional, but I think he would be a great addition. He adds that dimension that can make people pay for keying on Gurley and Austin if they leave him 1 on 1 all night.
Look at the production he put up with the Amish Rifle. I think he'd be a great veteran weapon for Goff and could help speed up his learning curve.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Marshall would be a good addition to the WR group. Just not sure he should be the only addition. If we're counting on him to be our #1 guy that might be a problem but he absolutely can help the Rams in 2017.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He's better than any WR on the roster. So yea, let's pass.........o_O

Ram65

Legend
“
Would love to have Marshall, but not sure he is a fit for us yet. He is not a good loser and I mean that complementary, dude plays with emotion and passion. He is only doing a 1 year deal with a good team that can win.
He probably ends up in New England on a prove it deal and tears it up.

Only way he goes to a losing team is if someone (us) over pay for him.

He is going to be 33 in March so he is getting long in the tooth. No point in Rams giving him a one year deal or prove it deal. It's all in for three years because Goff needs to get a connection with him and that would take some time. I don't think he fits. He stated in the article isn't not about the money that he wants to win, He also says he is underpaid at 7.5 Million. Sounds like he wants more money and to win.

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...wfan-radio-that-hes-underpaid-at-7-5-million/

Brandon Marshall tells WFAN radio that he's underpaid at $7.5 million

By: Joe Lacalandra | 9 hours ago

Contrary to his previous statement, Jets receiver Brandon Marshall will not play for free in 2017.

In fact, it seems unlikely that he’ll be willing to take a pay cut to stay in New York.

“If we’re really talking about production,” Marshall told WFAN radio this morning, “I’ve probably been underpaid for the past six years if we’re really talking about comparing production to receivers across the league.”

After only catching 59 passes and three touchdowns this past season, Marshall’s future is in doubt with the Jets. The team has several young wide receivers and it’s likely that the team is still a few years away from competing for a playoff spot.

Marshall has never made the playoffs in his 11-year career and has stated several times that all he cares about is winning moving forward.

“People need to get away from my salary. I’m underpaid,” Marshall continued. “Any team should be happy to have me for $7.5 million.

"But it’s not about the money. I want to win.”

Marshall’s 2017 salary is not guaranteed, meaning the Jets can move on without any penalty to the salary cap. Gang Green may attempt to trade him this offseason but it’s unlikely they could fetch more than a late-round draft pick.

If a trade falls through, it’s very possible that the team could grant Marshall his outright release.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'd give him 7.5 mill.
I think that's not much more than we gave Sensebaugh last season

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Larry Fitzgerald.

FIND ME A WHITE CB, NOW!

But really, you're right. There are so few top WRs that aren't divas. Most guys who get to that level do so because they want to be the best. And that often means they think they deserve the ball on every damn play.

I'm saying no !! DJ has a working relationship with McVay. He is about we, not me as a coach.

Marshall does his HBO show. I just don't want any part of a player like him.

The Rams might hire that guy you like as OC ?? He would have an insight though from working with him from Da Bears.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not at that price, but I would love to have talent like his on this squad. As far as old guys go, I wanted Anquan Boldin last year and I would love to see the Rams take a look at him THIS year as well. Dude just makes plays.....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at that price, but I would love to have talent like his on this squad. As far as old guys go, I wanted Anquan Boldin last year and I would love to see the Rams take a look at him THIS year as well. Dude just makes plays.....

I wanted Anquan last year, but I think it's a year too late now due to his declining skill-set.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
It sounds to me like he is ripe to go to New England. He wants to win and NE is in the unique spot to deliver that for him all he has to do is take a lower salary. They have been attracting talent that many think are over the hill and underpaying them with the hopes (and reality) of a Super Bowl. These guys go there for a few years, (most) excel and get their championship. win-win for both

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I wanted Anquan last year, but I think it's a year too late now due to his declining skill-set.
I was with you on getting Anquan last year, I think he would have been great with Britt - but I agree, its a year too late now...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There's a reason why he does well his first year and then crashes.
The Jets tolerated a lot of his nonsense.
Sure he'd provide decent production, but I don't think this team needs the collateral damage that comes with it
No thanks

Agree to disagree. He's substantially better than Britt.

Couple Marshall and Garcon with Austin and NOW... we have a WR corps that will give Goff some REAL alternatives. And that doesn't even include his TE and RB choices.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Too Late

Again

wide receivers are a dime a dozen

no, not really. If that were true, we'd have some... I mean we have a roll of dimes and no real WRs outside of maybe Britt...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If that were true, we'd have some
We do, Britt & Quick...We had Cook....Hell, we had Danny Amendola. And we still draft wr's pretty terrible, yet even the Rams had wr's that could be productive in the right system.

There was this guy named Matt...Matt Millen...He once drafted a wr in 3 consecutive drafts, high in the 1st round...he finally ended up with Megatron....And they finally went to the playoffs when he retired. Wr's, dominant wrs, are not a necessity to winning. Decent ones will do...Good QB play can make AVERAGE WRs look pretty damn good.

I do believe a true #1 helps. But any one player can be effectively taken away.

The advent of 7-on-7 passing camps has increased the number of players leaving college that can catch the rock. It has also trickled down to the defensive backs too. It's easy to draft very good skilled position players, if you know where to look. Don't overthink it.

He's better than any WR on the roster. So yea, let's pass.........o_O
Sorry Trony, Britt is probably better than Marshall at this point in their careers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We do, Britt & Quick...We had Cook....Hell, we had Danny Amendola. And we still draft wr's pretty terrible, yet even the Rams had wr's that could be productive in the right system.

There was this guy named Matt...Matt Millen...He once drafted a wr in 3 consecutive drafts, high in the 1st round...he finally ended up with Megatron....And they finally went to the playoffs when he retired. Wr's, dominant wrs, are not a necessity to winning. Decent ones will do...Good QB play can make AVERAGE WRs look pretty damn good.

I do believe a true #1 helps. But any one player can be effectively taken away.

The advent of 7-on-7 passing camps has increased the number of players leaving college that can catch the rock. It has also trickled down to the defensive backs too. It's easy to draft very good skilled position players, if you know where to look. Don't overthink it.

Sorry Trony, Britt is probably better than Marshall at this point in their careers.

Cook isn't a WR. Quick isn't a WR who is worth a damn. Amendola left the years ago because he couldn't stay healthy. That leaves us with Britt. Who was a colossal headache for the Titans the last time Fisher was fired.