Brandon Lloyd on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/01/01172012092207.mp3[/mp3]

Notes & Quotes:

(on hiring Jeff Fisher)
It's a great hire. Instant credibility. He's always a coach I've admired in my career.

(on your options going forward)
Very interested in playing for him [Jeff Fisher] next season. It comes down to "how do I fit into the scheme though." It's a two-way street. I've really enjoyed my time playing with Sam Bradford. Showing him how receivers should perform in the league was a really fun experience.

(would you still like to follow McDaniels?)
It's a factor. It's not the only factor, but it's important for me to finish off my career in a way of performing the way that I want to perform. Fisher is a hell of a play-caller. It's not that I'm teetering, but everything's going to be weighed and measured and thought on thoroughly. I'm going to rely on my agent [Tom Condon].

(On the offense last year)
McDaniels' offense is not easy. It's not something you can just throw in and anyone can pick up. It really tests your mental knowledge of the game of football, and THEN being able to perform and winning your individual match-ups. It's tough for younger guys to pick that up. When there's no veterans there who are seasoned in the offense, it's tough to grasp. I've seen it for three years. I've seen it. Injuries definitely play a key role because when you lose the foundation for that offense, the guys who aren't trying to figure out how to play in the NFL, it's tough. It's a very cerebral offense, and it's difficult to pick up in a year.

(How would you evaluate Sam Bradford?)
I'd put him in the elite category. And that's the intangibles. The size, his ability to deliver the ball accurately. Even in the beginning of the season, he was making some throws where it was frustrating for him to see those throws being dropped. He definitely makes some spectacular plays. And his ability to pick up that offense... He maxed himself out - he KNEW what was going on in this offense.

(can he be that leader)
Why? You think he's too quiet? He has that Eli Manning effect. He's too quiet on the sideline, he's too quiet on the field, but when you play with him, there's an entirely different story. It's all about getting his confidence built up, and it's other players that need to do that. It's about putting players around him. Players who can keep him upright, so he doesn't have to worry about other players or getting injured. You see the way Tom Brady, Eli and Peyton sit back there, and they trust the guys who block for them. They can sit back there for over 3 seconds. Once he gets that confidence, he's going to flourish athletically.

(how far away are the Rams - with YOU on the team?)
Umm. 2 years? It's not far. I think that if you look at SF, they're going (sic) 3 or 4 new starters from a year ago. There's not that many new faces over there. What a difference a new coach makes. There's a bunch of talent on that team. I was surprised ... the attitude just wasn't there before. I'm looking forward to the talks between my agent and the Rams.

(how tough was it to watch your former teammates in Denver get to the playoffs?)
I was proud of them. It wasn't tough at all. I was really, really happy for them. I've never been to the playoffs, and it was really fun watching them.

(defenses paid a lot of attention to you. If the Rams draft say, Blackmon, how would that affect your game?)
That would be nothing but positive. There'd be a lot of one-on-one matchups. It would then come down to the play calling, and I don't see any problem with that. That would be an exciting team for me to play on. I would like that.

(how do you feel about all the Tebow-ing?)
I think I Tebowed a week or so ago - at the Lakers-Clippers game (laughing). It's on my buddy's iPhone somewhere. Tebow and I actually got a long very well, contrary to what people say.

(off-season plans)
Back in Denver, spending time with my kids, going to the Sundance film festival, the Kentucky Derby, see some live music and train.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I really hope he resigns. Don't think he will, but who knows.

bluecoconuts

Legend
steferfootball said:
Maybe NE is not interested in him.

Or maybe he just thinks that highly of Bradford.

Part of it could be who else NE has. I mean if he wants a ring and wins, then yeah. Go there. If he wants stats? Rams are the better choice. With the Pats they have so many weapons, Welker, Grod, Hernandez, Branch... They spread the ball around more. Even with Blackmon, Lloyd would be the guy here.

However, I still think he goes to NE.