Brandon Lloyd - no reunion with Patriots in the cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This guy is an enigma, eh? Just fell off the face of the NFL earth.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243805/article/brandon-lloyd-never-received-call-from-ne-patriots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... e-patriots</a>

A mid-week report suggested the New England Patriots were one of six teams to approach free agent Brandon Lloyd about the possibility of playing this season.

That's not true according to NFL Media columnist Mike Silver, who reported Thursday that the Patriots "never called," and that a reunion with Lloyd is "not happening."

Silver's account is backed by TheMMQB.com's Greg Bedard, who used to cover the Patriots for The Boston Globe. New England didn't inquire about Lloyd, Bedard confirms. "If anything," Bedard explained, "they called him to set up their emergency list like they do at every position to see who might be available should the worst happen."

As upset as Tom Brady was with his greenhorn receivers in Thursday's 13-10 squeaker over the Jets, the Patriots aren't desperate enough to bring back a player who proved to be a poor locker-room fit.

Lloyd reportedly is "neither physically nor mentally ready" to play football this season. Even if he was, Bedard emphasized that the Patriots "ship has sailed."

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Wow. Thought he brought a nice spark to the offense while he was here for his short time. I was hoping he would stay and serve as a mentor to the young guys. He seemed like a pretty stand-up guy. Not sure what happened though.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Rabid Ram said:
Or over values his talent and wont come down off what he wants
That must be the case, because the guy does have talent. Too bad he's on such a high horse. He could have been a good player

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
raised_fisT said:
Wow. Thought he brought a nice spark to the offense while he was here for his short time. I was hoping he would stay and serve as a mentor to the young guys. He seemed like a pretty stand-up guy. Not sure what happened though.

Very intelligent but legitimate mental issues. Rumor is that he's bipolar.

moklerman

Warner-phile
After 10 years in the league, I think we can safely call his year in 2010 a fluke.

And, with all the Bradford/Brady comparisons recently, you can look at Lloyd's 2011/2012 numbers:

2011 with Rams: 4.6 R/G 13.4 YPC 5 TD
2012 with Pats: 4.6 R/G 12.3 YPC 4 TD

Josh McDaniels was the OC in both instances so this is a pretty decent comparison.

moklerman said:
After 10 years in the league, I think we can safely call his year in 2010 a fluke.

And, with all the Bradford/Brady comparisons recently, you can look at Lloyd's 2011/2012 numbers:

Josh McDaniels was the OC in both instances so this is a pretty decent comparison.

And of cause Sam wasn't Lloyd's QB for all that period, and when he was he was carrying an injury.

Lloyd with Sam throwing to him:
4.8 R/G 14.6 YPC 3TD (or a TD every 8 catches compared to one every 18.5 catches as a Patriot).

The worst thing about Lloyd was using a 5th round pick on a player for 11 games when we were 4 games off the lead, imagine what this regime could have used that 5th round pick on,

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
moklerman said:

His 5 TD's were in 11 games with the Rams (as opposed to 16 w/NE). So, I'd say his production in STL was slightly better than NE.

Then again... In STL he was one of only a few weapons.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Dude definitely seems to have some "issues" upstairs. From the interviews I've heard with him... strange just scratches the surface.

He set off a ping on my gay-dar as well.