Brandon Gibson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The way Miami uses Gibson as a slot receiver, begs the question why we didn't do the same. I know we had Danny, but seems like Gibson has adjusted to the new position in Miami extremely well. Also, why do guys that seemed to be average when they played for the RAMS flourish with new teams after they leave? And, why do the guys we bring in through free agency seem to drop off when they come here? Are the coaches bad evaluators of talent? Is it the offensive/defensive systems we use that don't fit one way or the other? This has always bothered me.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
MTRamsFan said:
The way Miami uses Gibson as a slot receiver, begs the question why we didn't do the same. I know we had Danny, but seems like Gibson has adjusted to the new position in Miami extremely well. Also, why do guys that seemed to be average when they played for the RAMS flourish with new teams after they leave? And, why do the guys we bring in through free agency seem to drop off when they come here? Are the coaches bad evaluators of talent? Is it the offensive/defensive systems we use that don't fit one way or the other? This has always bothered me.

Brandon Gibson is a good 3 or 4 WR. Many here said it many times. Look at how much money he makes now. He should have been a 3 or 4 here but not at his current price

…..

Legend
Gibson is still an average reciever.

two things to consider when making the satement "he seems to be flourishing"

1. He is not trying to be the No 1 reciever in Miami and probably gets more open looks underneath with Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline getting most of the defensive attention.
2. Different offense, different playcalling.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
MTRamsFan said:
Ive heard fans of just about every team say this at one time or another

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Meh still the guy that cost the Rams the SF game and has his token drops.

Good dude...nothing special. And his team is getting torched now. BECAUSE IT'S RYAN TANNEHILL'S FAULT. :roll:

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Gibson was like our #1 receiver. The, "why is Pettis starting" threads were similar in regard to Gibson when he was here without the new guys that we have now. In Miami, Wallace and Hartline are the main guys, leaving Gibson open. This is where he shines, rather than having all the load on his shoulders.

imo, Gibson = Pettis. (we just need the others to step up)

Also, it seemed like Gibson progressed every year that he was here so maybe thats whats making him look decent. And why do good fa's look average once they get here? No idea. What I do know is Cook's eyes bug the sh*t outta me when he doesnt come through with a play.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Its because we keep hiring stubborn defensive minded coaches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gibson is Gibson. Same average WR. Just playing a lesser role. Kind of like how Laurent Robinson was productive in Dallas when he was an afterthought but a complete bust here and Jacksonville when he was relied upon as a top target.

I like Gibson as a person but he was never going to be anything more than a #3 or #4 WR imo.

moklerman

Warner-phile
All I noticed out of Gibson tonight was a dropped pass and illegal formation penalty. Sounds like old times.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Gibson is doing no better than he was at this same point last year, don't know why everybody's acting like he's already got 2000 yards.

He's just a boring, average 4th receiver. Nothing spectacular, just another guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You know the Rams are struggling when we get Brandon Gibson where are they now threads. :ww:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
Gibson is Gibson. Same average WR. Just playing a lesser role. Kind of like how Laurent Robinson was productive in Dallas when he was an afterthought but a complete bust here and Jacksonville when he was relied upon as a top target.

I like Gibson as a person but he was never going to be anything more than a #3 or #4 WR imo.

Oh? You guys go fishing a lot or something?