Brandon Flowers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This mornings talk is the Rams may target the CB in free agency.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd be perfectly fine with it if we did, but preferably we go after OL. We just have too many needs to spend our available cap space on CBs unless they honestly believe that someone like Barrett Jones is the future.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't exactly appear to be an inside source ..... But what the hay - it's a message board.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Doesn't exactly appear to be an inside source ..... But what the hay - it's a message board.

Judging from that link, that guy is just saying he might be a fit. Doubt we're actually targeting him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If its true then it means that Fisher is not happy about the play of one of his starting CBs and likely will let them walk in free agency next year.

Which one is it?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Is Flowers not a pretty much zone coverage only corner, meaning he doesn't fit our scheme?
I may be wrong but I have memories of that being why KC released him; they were moving to more of a man coverage scheme and Flowers didn't fit...

Again, I may be wrong, but that's what my memory is shouting at me.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Is Flowers not a pretty much zone coverage only corner, meaning he doesn't fit our scheme?
I may be wrong but I have memories of that being why KC released him; they were moving to more of a man coverage scheme and Flowers didn't fit...

Again, I may be wrong, but that's what my memory is shouting at me.

We play plenty of zone. Not sure how much zone vs. man percentage wise, but I have seen us playing a large amount of it depending on the opponent. Flowers can fit here.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
We play plenty of zone. Not sure how much zone vs. man percentage wise, but I have seen us playing a large amount of it depending on the opponent. Flowers can fit here.
I'm sure he would fit perfectly in our zone schemes, but I recall him being somewhat of a liability in man, and we do play quite a bit of man. Just doesn't seem like he would be a particularly good investment for us, given how expensive he would likely be, and our other needs in FA.

But hey, if the FO decide to go that way, I'll support him 100% as a Ram.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I like Flowers...When we play man we can put Flowers on the enemies #1 WR....That would allow us to put Jenkins on the #2 WR, and perhaps our coverage might migrate to top 10 pass coverage.
And top 10 pass coverage teams tend to make the playoffs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
EJ Gaines had a 75 QB rating against him. That's elite. Like Richard Sherman good. He might not get the interceptions, but Gaines is one of the best cover corners in the NFL already. He will be our #1 corner next year along with Johnson and Jenkins in the slot. Although Flowers would be a good addition, especially since we're gunna lose either Janoris or Trumaine next year. I think he's too expensive.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EJ Gaines had a 75 QB rating against him. That's elite. Like Richard Sherman good. He might not get the interceptions, but Gaines is one of the best cover corners in the NFL already. He will be our #1 corner next year along with Johnson and Jenkins in the slot. Although Flowers would be a good addition, especially since we're gunna lose either Janoris or Trumaine next year. I think he's too expensive.
I'm really excited to see ej next year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Doesn't make sense to me.
JJ, and Gaines are starters. A healthy Tru and Joyner are also going to compete for playing time. Unless the coaching staff is ready to give up on one or two of these guys it just doesn't make sense.