Brandon Bridge?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ill admit ive never even heard of this kid let alone seen him play but sounds intriguing, could be this years Jimmy Garrapolo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...drawing-nfl-interest?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

South Alabama quarterback Brandon Bridge might be short on name recognition compared to college quarterbacks like Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston, but that doesn't mean NFL scouts haven't found him.

In fact, they've flocked to see the strong-armed Canadian, according to his coach.

"His fundamentals at throwing the football just go through the roof. He's made a lot of improvement as a quarterback. He has a great arm and he can also win with his legs ... I think we've had 25 (scouts from NFL teams) come back to see him," said South Alabama coach Joey Jones, according to The Toronto Star. "The word's out right now. The more experience he gets, the better he's going to be. There's a lot of potential down the road for him."

South Alabama faces just two teams from a Power Five conference this season, which makes his evaluation as a pro prospect a bit more tricky. Mississippi State beat South Alabama, 35-3, earlier this year, and the Bulldogs are the only South Alabama opponent to keep Bridge from throwing a touchdown pass this season. He'll get a chance to show more against a Power Five team on Nov. 22, when the Jaguars travel to South Carolina.

Still, Bridge has been known to hold his own against the toughest quarterback competition in the nation. He finished second in theManning Passing Academy Air-It-Out Challenge, behind Oregon State's Sean Mannion, in July. To do so, he beat out the likes of Oregon's Mariota, Baylor's Bryce Petty and USC's Cody Kessler in the event's annual accuracy contest.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
He's Canadian I am banging the table for him now, since we have no chance for Oregon's Mariota.. Though Baylor's Petty is worth a look

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's Canadian I am banging the table for him now, since we have no chance for Oregon's Mariota.. Though Baylor's Petty is worth a look

Bridge is obviously not a secret and may end up being this years Blake Bortles. Not in a lot of conversations at the beginning of the year but still peaked interest and proving he is worth the interest as the season goes on.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Bridge is obviously not a secret and may end up being this years Blake Bortles. Not in a lot of conversations at the beginning of the year but still peaked interest and proving he is worth the interest as the season goes on.
Ya, sounds like there should be a min of 4 qbs worthy of top 8 picks as of today it appears

jjab360

Legend
Ya, sounds like there should be a min of 4 qbs worthy of top 8 picks as of today it appears
Not really, it looks like just Mariota and maybe Winston at this point. Those might even be the only first rounders, this class is not rounding like I'd hoped it would.

This Bridge kid is an interesting sleeper, but there's a good chance he probably doesn't even get drafted at this point.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not really, it looks like just Mariota and maybe Winston at this point. Those might even be the only first rounders, this class is not rounding like I'd hoped it would.

This Bridge kid is an interesting sleeper, but there's a good chance he probably doesn't even get drafted at this point.

Well. Joe Flacco was drafted out of Delaware as a first rounder. Anyone with the size and arm will be considered. Without watching Bridge play, we don't know at this point. Too bad South Alabama has zero percent chance for national coverage.

jjab360

Legend
Well. Joe Flacco was drafted out of Delaware as a first rounder. Anyone with the size and arm will be considered. Without watching Bridge play, we don't know at this point. Too bad South Alabama has zero percent chance for national coverage.
Well without having seen him play, the numbers aren't even really that impressive. 51.5 CMP%, 6.3 YPA? No numbers aren't everything, but I wouldn't put too much stock into this kid who's been going up against Sun Belt competition coming anywhere close to the first round.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt this kid will be a first rounder but he may end up being a good sleeper later in the draft. He is a big kid 6'5" 235 and sounds like he has decent athleticism but I have no idea without being able to see him play.