Brandon Albert/Ryan Clady Retire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Got this from NFL.com

Jaguars OT Branden Albert retires after nine seasons
0ap3000000408080.jpg

Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer

Jacksonville Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert is hanging up the spikes.

After a bizarre offseason during which Albert was traded by the Dolphins to the Jags before skipping offseason workouts in hopes of acquiring a new deal, the former Chiefs first-round pick decided to call it a career.

Albert provided a statement through the Jaguars' official website on Monday.

"After nine seasons playing in the National Football League, I have decided to retire from the game that has given me so much. I would like to thank Mr. Khan and the Jaguars organization, Mr. Ross, Joe Philbin, Dennis Hickey and the Dolphins organization and Mr. Hunt, Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and the Chiefsorganization for providing me with the opportunity of a lifetime. GOD has blessed me with so much through football that I thought would never be attainable. It's been truly a blessing. I cherish all of the relationships and people I have encountered while playing in the NFL! Special thanks to Al Groh and the University of Virginia for giving me the opportunity for a great education and showing faith in me when no one else wanted to take a chance on me. I am truly thankful for my UVA family.

"This is such a special league and it's been an honor and a privilege to play this sport professionally for the past nine years. I wish Coach Marrone and my Jacksonville teammates the best of luck on their journey this season. During my short stint in Jacksonville, I quickly realized that they are working incredibly hard to turn the corner and I truly believe that they will find success in the coming years. I look forward to returning to Miami, the place that I now call 'home,' and running my businesses, while giving back to the community. While this chapter of my life is coming to an end, my story is still going and I hope you'll follow along. I will be furthering and finishing my education. GOD BLESS AND GODSPEED."

The team's website noted Albert was working with the first string throughout most of training camp so far, making the decision all the more strange. Without question, the heaviest burden falls on rookie second-round pick Cam Robinson, who likely will start the season off as the team's left tackle.

The Jaguars' offensive line has been a work in progress throughout the Dave Caldwell era. After watching former first-round pick Luke Joeckel falter, the hope was that Albert could come in and provide a bridge to Robinson, one of the highest-regarded offensive linemen in this year's draft. Should Robinson live up to expectations, quarterback Blake Bortleswon't have to worry about anyone crashing down on him from the blindside.

Albert, 32, made two Pro Bowls (2013 and 2015) during his career. He started 118 games over nine seasons with the Chiefs and Dolphins.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My question is what happens with the trade? Are all trades final in this case? Jags kinda got fucked here. If I'm a Jags fan, I'm pissed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question is what happens with the trade? Are all trades final in this case? Jags kinda got freaked here. If I'm a Jags fan, I'm ticked.
I would say the Jags are screwed, unless it can be proved to be a case of fraud, somehow...

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Watch Cam Robinson turn into a stud.

I know a few fans and they were saying that Albert looked slow in camp. They have a theory that by the end of camp Robinson would beat him out. If that's the case, he retired on top...I guess...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would say the Jags are screwed, unless it can be proved to be a case of fraud, somehow...

Nah. The Jags get the pick back. There was a clause that stated Albert had to play at least 3 games, for the pick to be honoured. Basically cancelled trade.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah. The Jags get the pick back. There was a clause that stated Albert had to play at least 3 games, for the pick to be honoured. Basically cancelled trade.

What about Julius Thomas

A55VA6

Legend
My question is what happens with the trade? Are all trades final in this case? Jags kinda got freaked here. If I'm a Jags fan, I'm ticked.
He would have to pay the Jaguars $3.4M from his old signing bonus

But either way, shitty for them.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
There's been a few retirements recently. Hurschel (sp?) from the Ravens was another. Is this the time of year to retire? Just as training camp is starting? Seems odd

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They were separate trades. Player for a pick and player for a pick.
OFF TOPIC! Welcome to the ROD 100,000+ Club! Now you have some real money to Bet on the Rams with this year!!(y);):D:rolllaugh:

A55VA6

Legend
Has a team ever actually gotten money back from a player though?
Yes. Chris Borland and Calvin Johnson are two of the most recent ones. In the end, it's the teams choice if they want the money back.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How do I check my cash money?
You know I mean ROD $$$$! I know @flv is waiting for this Whale (Me) to start betting Heavy on the Rams! Like I ALWAYS DO!!
My moneys gone fast the last two years! Not like 2014 where I cleaned house and was giving away Millions!:rolllaugh: I plan on making a come-back this year!!(y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/ryan-clady-announces-his-retirement/

Ryan Clady announces his retirement
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 1, 2017

For the second time this week, a former Pro Bowl left tackle has retired.

But unlike Branden Albert, Ryan Clady didn’t walk away from a team in the first week of training camp.

Clady tweeted out word that he was retiring after nine seasons in the NFL.

He mentioned in his message that “several teams” were interested in signing him, but that with a week of camp in the books, he didn’t feel the passion to play to the level he expected of himself.

Clady visited the Seahawks earlier this offseason, but hadn’t found other apparent offers.

He played in nine games for the Jets last year, after a productive seven-year run with the Broncos.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Where are all the "Jackie Slater's" of todays NFL!?!