Brandin Cooks' reliability on deep passes should help Jared Goff immensely

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Today is a good day to die.:death:

giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The longest NFL pass, "in the air" during the 2017 season was thrown by Jared Goff. So, because he is a bit thinner than say Wentz he has a weaker arm ??
No, he has a stronger arm than Wentz. MPH of the ball right off QBs hands tells all. Strong arm by NFL standards. One of the reasons the Rams drafted him over Wentz.

Not this shitt again.

No, that’s not how physics works.

I prefer Goff over Wentz and agree that Goff has a very live and strong “arm” which is a euphemism for almost everything involved in the mechanics of throwing except actual arm strength. Que irony gifs.

That said, if we’re only talking about pure distance, Wentz has Goff by a few yards.

Which is meaningless because I’d wager Cutler has them both by a few yards and I don’t want that coach killer NEAR my team.

Not gonna go into the math or physics or post diagrams like before.

But seriously, this misunderstanding has to die a fiery death.

I’d post a gif of that old lady saying of her friend who puts actual pictures on her wall “that’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works”, but I am lazy and decided to do more work to type all this out because I’m an f’n genius.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not this shitt again.

No, that’s not how physics works.

I’m an f’n genius.

I am not a genius, so I was wondering...

If Goff and Wentz were throwing in the vacuum of empty space, and the ball leaves Goffs hand slightly faster...
.... it will always be faster...

So Goff has the stronger arm in outer space... and since there is more empty space than matter, Goff has the stronger arm overall...?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Goff has shown he can throw 65 yards downfield through the air with perfect accuracy. Suspect he can throw farther but that ought to be sufficient. He can certainly throw deeper and stronger than Brady or Brees, Cooks previous qbs. Tell me again what a "big arm" is??

In the rain no less.....up hill.....while barefoot....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
From arm strength to outer space?:thinking: Wow , you guys can side track a thread in a hurry.:dizzy:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From arm strength to outer space?:thinking: Wow , you guys can side track a thread in a hurry.:dizzy:

Really? This thread isnt bad at all.

At least my post was about Goff and though written clearly as sarcasm - was still fairly on topic.
Sheesh.