Brady suffers boo-boo on pair of scissors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...e-after-slicing-thumb-open-before-bears-game/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was supposed to make his preseason debut on Thursday night. However, that debut never happened, because Brady apparently injured himself in the hours leading up to the game.

According to CSNNE.com, Brady sliced open his right thumb with a pair of scissors while working on his cleats and was sent home.

It's not clear how serious the injury is, but the Patriots clearly didn't want to take any chances with the 39-year-old quarterback. After Brady suffered the injury, he changed into street clothes and was seen walking to the player's parking lot at Gillette Stadium.

Brady's agent, Don Yee, didn't reveal how severity of the injury, but he did confirm to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora that an "accident occurred."

"Tom will be OK in time," Yee added.

With Brady out, Jimmy Garappolo started for New England against Chicago.

Brady's playing status became a giant mystery in the 60 minutes leading up to the game. During a pregame interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub, a CBS Sports Radio station, in Boston, Belichick had said that Brady was going to play. Belichick's comments corroborated reports from earlier Thursday that suggested that Bradywould likely play one series against the Bears.

Questions about Brady's status began to arise about an hour before the game when the quarterback was nowhere to be found during warmups. The mystery deepened when Patriots team president Jonathan Kraft went on radio and said that he "didn't believe" that Brady was going to play.

At that point, most people thought Belichick was playing some sort of mind game on the Bears. As it turns out though, it's way more serious for the Patriots: Brady has a thumb injury.

The injury now means that Brady won't play his first game at Gillette Stadium until October.

The game against the Bears will be the final home game of the preseason for the Patriots. If you factor that in with Brady's four-game suspension, it means that the quarterback won't get to play another home game until a Week 6 game against theBengals on Oct. 16.

The only good news for Brady is that if his thumb injury needs stitches, he'll have plenty of time to heal due to his suspension.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's okay, Tom. Just think of something to take the pain away.

Itsy-Bitsy-Spider-Board-Book--pTRU1-15676304dt.jpg

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Why was he sent home just cus he sliced his thumb open? One of the Pats' medical staff could have stitched him up and he could've hung around to watch the game.

(I'm clutching at straws hoping there's something more sinister to this story than meets the eye).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think this is the last year we see Tom Brady. I bet the Pats miss the playoffs and he just retires along with Belicheck.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Why would he have played anyway ??? Just to take reps away from Garappolo's back-ups...Yeah, he really needs the pre-season games...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If he was a bit stronger he wouldn't need scissors to open the tampon wrapper. I guess Gisele wasn't to do it for him like usual.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Aww, poor wittle Tommy got a boo boo? Maybe Goodell can kiss the boo boo and make it go away. :fuelfire:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Things p. King may have said when first hearing the news

That's why I keep my socks on babe. You'll have to untie yourself. TOM NEEDS ME!

I don't care what the medivac chopper costs!

More brady blood for my transfusion!

Yes, that's a hospital room for 2. And Make sure the pillows are less firm than usual.