Brady Quinn has a Great Opportunity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams chose him over all the rest of the leftovers. Talented QB, obviously. Maybe he gets his head on straight and makes a routine of hitting Tovon in the flat. :p

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He is so talented that he has been on 6 different rosters in 6 years, including 3 just this year. I'll hope for the best, but not going to hold my breath.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully he fulfills the job he was brought in for...

Holding a clipboard on Sundays,,, and QBing the scout team during practices. Nothing more.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hopefully he fulfills the job he was brought in for...

Holding a clipboard on Sundays,,, and QBing the scout team during practices. Nothing more.
Yeah most notably S team weeks before Seattle in addition to if we don't see him the guy ahead of him isnt sucking so bad

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Well, after a week or two of Clemens we may want to see what Quinn can do.

I hope not, but won't be surprised if that's the case.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Killer Kellen is our best option going forward. If Davis or Quinn have to enter a game it means the shit has knocked the fucking fan off the ceiling.

Embrace Killer now.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Quinn doesn't have the arm strength like Bradford, but at the same time he's built for this type of offense we are running lately. dink dink dink all the way down the field. He can run the West Coast offense like he did in his previous starts at QB.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I doubt Clemens makes it through a many games before he's benched, but I doubt it goes to Quinn either. He's proven he doesn't have it either, Davis will probably get in at some point. Remember he did outplay Clemens in camp, but Clemens had a good enough last game to make his 'veteran presence' look a little better.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I doubt Clemens makes it through a many games before he's benched, but I doubt it goes to Quinn either. He's proven he doesn't have it either, Davis will probably get in at some point. Remember he did outplay Clemens in camp, but Clemens had a good enough last game to make his 'veteran presence' look a little better.

I sure hope you're wrong here. In the PS Davis couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water. I have no idea why but he seemed to regress badly from his rookie season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I sure hope you're wrong here. In the PS Davis couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water. I have no idea why but he seemed to regress badly from his rookie season.
Yeah, towards the end of preseason (when starters were beginning to play), it looked like the speed of the game too much for him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

It really looked to me like it was a lack of practice and lack of talent about him, since he had only seen a majority of snaps with the third stringers and only saw two games of limited action with the second stringers. He looked a lot better throwing to Quick and guys like that rather than PS placeholder #1. Not to mention he was always looking over his shoulder because that O-line was 2011 tier bad, looks like he just needs to catch up and have actual talent around him.

I'd rather wait for him to catch up and maybe steal a few than watch Kellen Clemens prove why nobody wanted him back in New York when he was younger and better.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It really looked to me like it was a lack of practice and lack of talent about him, since he had only seen a majority of snaps with the third stringers and only saw two games of limited action with the second stringers. He looked a lot better throwing to Quick and guys like that rather than PS placeholder #1. Not to mention he was always looking over his shoulder because that O-line was 2011 tier bad, looks like he just needs to catch up and have actual talent around him.

I'd rather wait for him to catch up and maybe steal a few than watch Kellen Clemens prove why nobody wanted him back in New York when he was younger and better.

This could very well be the case. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. Whomever we stick back there, I'm hoping for the best. Otherwise these next 9 games could provide some painful watching.

D has got to step up for us to have a chance to piecing together a respectable season, IMO.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This could very well be the case. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. Whomever we stick back there, I'm hoping for the best. Otherwise these next 9 games could provide some painful watching.

D has got to step up for us to have a chance to piecing together a respectable season, IMO.

Pretty much, we're boned either way I figure. I just figure Davis gives us the best chance of fighting back from our beating.

You hit the nail on the head though, we're really gonna have to go 2000 Ravens to keep to ourselves in it. Cant' assume at this point we'll be scoring as much as we were with Bradford. Walton better eat his Wheaties or something because our success now hinges on his bald head.

What an awful position to be in anyways, 5 more minutes into that game and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Gotta wonder who hates the Rams. :shifty:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brady Quinn is bad and IMO the Rams should've went with Thigpen instead. The only good that come from this is that Austin Davis rediscovers his success he had last season. Because I don't want Brady Quinn to reminds us all of Kyle Boller.

Overall next year the Rams need to draft a QB for depth and even add another UDRFA this way they won't be in this situation again. I understand they felt strongly that Davis would step up this year and he did not, but watching Clemens the rest of the year is going to be like having root canal, but he's still a better alternative than Brady Quinn.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't think Brady Quinn ever got a fair shot in Cleveland, and going from team to team killed any potential he had. I guess for a backup to a backup he's the best there is available.

Agreed... Let's take a look at the 2011 CUSA Champ. game..

2572.png
(21) Southern Miss - 49
248.png
(19) Houston - 28

upload_2013-10-23_10-46-34.png

So I guess it could be worse.. we could have Case Keenum (HOU) as our QB..

moklerman

Warner-phile
Quinn certainly isn't great...but, his circumstances have been pretty terrible. Cleveland was downright awful and KC had Crennel as coach and Charles, Bowe and everyone else out with injury. Guys only started 20 games and they've been interspersed throughout his short career.

My point is there may be cause for optimism. Sure, he's probably another Kyle Boller or Scott Covington but who knows? He's still young and may have some upside. He's got a good attitude and physical skill, maybe they can mold all of that into a solid backup?

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Quinn certainly isn't great...but, his circumstances have been pretty terrible. Cleveland was downright awful and KC had Crennel as coach and Charles, Bowe and everyone else out with injury. Guys only started 20 games and they've been interspersed throughout his short career.

My point is there may be cause for optimism. Sure, he's probably another Kyle Boller or Scott Covington but who knows? He's still young and may have some upside. He's got a good attitude and physical skill, maybe they can mold all of that into a solid backup?

kpak76

From what I saw of him in preseason (Hawks fan btw), he looked like a pretty good game manager. The Hawks WR corp isn't that much better than the Rams, especially since Harvin hasn't been in the mix when he was playing. Give him a good game plan that matches his skill set (more of a tempo, WC type of offense) and good protection and you should have a decent back-up. From what I saw in the preseason, I would have been more than comfortable going into the season as him backing up Russell Wilson. However the way it played out, Tarvaris Jackson played lights out and just flat out beat Quinn for the back-up job. I guarantee you if one of our QB's where to go down, Quinn was on the short list to get called back. Once he picks up your playbook, he should give you plenty of chances to stay in games. Winning them might be another story, but at least you wouldn't embarress yourself in the game with him.