Brady Quinn and Austin Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, Quinn wins the FA pool.

Not really surprised to see Austin back. I wonder if he actually "cheered" when he heard Sam got hurt? :wow:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Not sure how to quote yet, but I'm pretty sure they signed Brady Quinn for 2 reasons. 1) He knows the Seahawks. 2) Not a big difference between him and any other FA QB.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Why Brady Quinn? I don't understand.

My guess would be that they arent very confident that Austin Davis could fill in if Clemens got hurt.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Quinn just never seemed like an accurate passer to me. What differentiates him from the pack?

I think I would have preferred Vince Young, but I realize Fish would never do that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
...and in more riveting news, my cat just jumped up on the couch and is about to walk across my ketymbldfblad[[np[apa llg.a....wwffvvv

PhxRam

Not sure how to quote yet, but I'm pretty sure they signed Brady Quinn for 2 reasons. 1) He knows the Seahawks. 2) Not a big difference between him and any other FA QB.

screenshot_133.png

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If you recall, they brought Quinn in last year and were more than slightly interested in signing him, only to have him choose to sign with the Chiefs instead. This is a pickup, IMO, that makes the most sense as far as bringing in a guy with some experience, who once he learns the system, could fill in if and when he is needed.

Much the same way Clemens was brought in at the end of the 2011 season.

Resigning Davis made the most sense short term, as they at least have someone familiar enough with the system to step right in if we get down to that becoming necessary.

Anyone thinking that they are going to try to do with Quinn, what the Vikings are attempting (and after last night, not very well) with Freeman is most likely going to be disappointed. It is what it is. This is now Kellen Clemens' team.

jjab360

Legend
ME either. Maybe he has some kind of tie to Shotty?

Either that or he's so unbelievably fresh from sitting on the bench all these years.
He played with the Jets earlier this year. He also played with the Seahawks through the preseason, so he should be able to give use some inside info for the MNF game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He played with the Jets earlier this year. He also played with the Seahawks through the preseason, so he should be able to give use some inside info for the MNF game.

Did he look any good from what you watched?