Bradford's Knee Holds up to Early-Camp Work--Balzer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Bradford's knee holds up to early-camp work
By Howard Balzer

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bradfords-knee-holds-early-camp-163343830--nfl.html

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It might not seem like much, but quarterback Sam Bradford reached something of a milestone when he participated in each of the first three days of practice after the St. Louis Rams opened training camp Friday.

Coming back after he tore an anterior cruciate ligament in the seventh game of the 2013 season, Bradford worked in about half of the team's organized team activities and never two days in a row.

"It was great, didn't have any issues today and felt really good (Friday), so we're just going to keep moving forward," coach Jeff Fisher said Saturday.

After the opening day, Bradford said, "I feel great. My knee feels really good. It feels better than when we finished OTAs. In talking to coach and (trainer) Reggie (Scott), they feel good about having no limits. If it starts to get a little sore and we feel like we need to pull back, we can always do that. Out of the gate, I'm going to try and do everything."

Bradford also opened some eyes during the team's conditioning test. Fisher said, "I won't mention the names of the people that crossed the line after him, but he did well. He's worked really hard."

Linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar also wouldn't reveal any names, but he acknowledged there were some teammates Bradford probably embarrassed.

"I can't tell you specifics, but Sam ran well," Dunbar said. "He came out and he blew that conditioning test open. So to see him do that, and to see him out here throwing the ball and throwing some accurate balls -- some good balls -- it's just a relief to know that you've got the general on offense back."

Optimism is high within the team, and while the Rams understand how tough their division is, they don't dwell on it. Bradford also pays little attention to the persistent narrative that labels 2014 a "make-or-break season" for him after he was the first overall choice in the 2010 draft.

"I think that question's probably been asked every year since I've been here," he said. "Every year is a 'make-it-or-break-it' year according to someone. I think everyone in our locker room feels really good about where we're at right now and where this football team is going. I think we have a great chance to be really good. We're just worried about coming out here right now at camp and getting better every day."

Appearing in a game will be the next test.

"It might be a little different the first time when we step on the field for a preseason game or a regular season game when bullets are live," Bradford said. "(For now, I am concentrating on) just getting back into the rhythm that I was getting into at the end of last year before I got hurt. There's no doubt that there is still a little rust that needs to come off.

"I just haven't been out there. I haven't played a lot of football since the injury. Just tightening up all the small details with our guys. Just pushing the unit to get better as a whole every day."

Fisher insisted he doesn't worry or think about Bradford's knee.

"No, no, I'm not watching his legs at all," Fisher said. "You watch the execution and you watch the decisions when you look at the quarterback, but footwork's good and right now the arm strength is outstanding.

"Honestly, if we have any concern with respect to Sam, it would be the number of throws, and that's the case anytime you get a quarterback that's going into their fifth year or sixth year, because you can tend to throw too much at camp, but we don't have any concern about the knees, which is a good thing."