Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Where do you rank him right now in the NFL? Top 15, Top 20? I think he's done a damn fine job with much less going for him than those currently statistically ahead of him.

Guys like Stafford, Schaub, Flacco and Wilson all have established receiving threats and/or running games. That's something that unfortunately can't be said right now of this team since they were lacking Amendola and haven't had consistent games out of Jackson/Richardson. I'd rank him solidly in the top half of QB's right now without hesitation. Where you at?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think in terms of pure stats he's probably top 15. In terms of the talent he has combined with the talent that the team has, I think that it lowers his rankings quite a bit. Factoring in what he does with so little, I think Sam is a top 10 QB this season... Of course most people don't do it. He's been one of the best QB's in the fourth quarter though, he's taken the team down on clutch drives several times this year (Lions game, Washington game, he did it 3 1/2 times in the SF game, the refs took the last one from him) and has been great late in games. Which is exactly what you want from a QB.

I mean he what he does with Amendola on the field, it's not a fluke. Amendola is our one starting caliber WR (at this point, Givens and Quick have potential, Givens is closer at this point obviously) that would be starting on most teams, and he's a slot guy not a typical #1 type. So imagine how Sam will be when he has several targets that he can throw to.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not sure where his stats rank him but watching him play, react, his accuracy (on most of his throws), his growth as a QB, lack of starting caliber receivers, sketchy O-line, etc... I'd say top ten and rising.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to agree with you guys. I'm prone to wondering if we're just homers though. Critics use things QB rating or that wonky-ass ESPN QBR thing to try and discredit the guy, but when you actually see him on the field, he's putting the ball on guys more often than not. I just really think it's more about what he's lacking around him than what he offers.

Is this how Bulger backers felt 5 years ago?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I say top 10 without hesitation. He's had numerous different OL and 15 different receivers in 2.5 years, has taken a beating behind a sub par OL and still produces when given even the slightest opportunity to do so. I think in the next 2 - 3 years even the girls on ramstalk won't be able to find anything to whine about where SB is concerned.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Right now, I'd take Peyton, Eli, Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan over Sam.

But really, everyone else is OK...they all have their strong and weak points.

Right, now Sam is a fuckin BOSS in the 4th qtr.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd put him middle of the pack right now. Trending up.

Now if you ask me about the eyeball test, then he's top 10.
He's got ALL of the intangibles and you can just see a great QB waiting to emerge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Top 15 with top 5 potential. He still has areas to improve and his cast has a LOT of room to improve.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Top 12 with top 5 potential. If Bradford were in Ryan's shoes, I think he'd have similar stats.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What X said :cool: . Trending up and Chris Long has his back and will punch you in the mouth if you say otherwise :lol:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have been wary of Sam in the past. I see what everyone else see as far as the accuracy and velocity, but until this year, I hadn't seen enough consistency. He is still not where he needs to be, but he is growing up fast. I agree with X, right now he is mid pack but that won't last much longer. I told a bunch of friends and neighbors in my garage before the 9er game that I thought he would be a top 5 QB before the end of next season. They all scoffed at me. You shouldn't scoff at me. My mother scoffed at me once.......ONCE!