Bradford won't end up in Philly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ltrautman

MIZ
I can almost guarantee that Philly is only a stop for him and he will be traded so the Eagles can get Mariota.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I can almost guarantee that Philly is only a stop for him and he will be traded so the Eagles can get Mariota.
Could be, but remember, Bradford's former OC is in Philly now.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If they do that then we have been royally raped by their F.O.....we should be loading up on picks to put ourselves into a position to make a run at a top QB....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If there's one thing Chip Kelly covets, it's accuracy from his QB.
I don't see why this wouldn't be the ideal situation for Bradford, and something we all feel angst over for years.

Irish

Starter
Don't really see another team trading for Bradford now

The guy is not Jaroslav Halak

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
If there's one thing Chip Kelly covets, it's accuracy from his QB.
I don't see why this wouldn't be the ideal situation for Bradford, and something we all feel angst over for years.
Could be, or he could get injured in the preseason again, you just never know. In Foles at least we know what we have.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kelly will keep Sam because he does have a high ceiling still, and is very accurate. Whether or not he trades up for Mariota.

Also re: Mariota... Don't be surprised if it's all BS. I think Petty has a higher chance of being Kelly's QB than Mariota due to the requirement to trade up. Kelly is very good at getting the most from his offensive talent so whichever QB he takes will win the lottery IMO.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Kelly will keep Sam because he does have a high ceiling still, and is very accurate. Whether or not he trades up for Mariota.

Also re: Mariota... Don't be surprised if it's all BS. I think Petty has a higher chance of being Kelly's QB than Mariota due to the requirement to trade up. Kelly is very good at getting the most from his offensive talent so whichever QB he takes will win the lottery IMO.

He's also got a cannon, is smart, makes good decisions and never turns it over.....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could be, or he could get injured in the preseason again, you just never know. In Foles at least we know what we have.
Not really. We know he also plays half seasons and Chip Kelly was unimpressed with his accuracy last year.

A55VA6

Legend
Bradford doesn't seem like the Chip Kelly type.. so I'm not sure what they're thinking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Only with a near perfect pocket.
If you say so.
But that wouldn't make him unique even if it was the case. Pocket passers pretty much rely on pockets.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh i completely agree. Philly has used the Rams as a stepping stone. Pretty obvious. I just want to know what the Rams are hoping to achieve. If this was a trade made solely to acquire Foles, dump Bradford and his cap hit...It was too expensive and foolish based on early reports of the trade details.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
What exactly is that? 2013 Foles or last years Foles. I don't think we have a clue what we have in Foles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't know how Bradford is a trading chip. Nobody wants to pay him 12 million with his injury history and not knowing if he can even play at a high level ever again. Even if his knee is healed he will have the mental hurdles to jump all year. He will be worried about his knee. Then at the end of the year, if he does make it through with a good year he will want to be paid and the team that just acquired him will have to decide to pay up or let him walk.

I have said this before the only way an NFL team wants Sam Bradford is on their terms. They will want him on a show-me deal just like Carson Palmer had with Arizona. If Sam is not willing to deal he will hit free agency next year. Couple that with the injury history and Sam is just too much of a risk to trade for and rely on.