Bradford WILL Play Next Week vs Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope we have all of our starters in this game. Both sides of the ball!!

RamWoodie

Legend
Last night is was obvious they wanted to see youngsters...Quick and Britt were yanked out early. I think the one's get at least a quarter worth of work against the Pack. Bradford may get 3 series next week.

RamBill

Legend
Bradford, others expected back this week
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/10344/bradford-others-expected-back-this-week

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams played Friday night's preseason opener against the New Orleans Saints without nine of their 22 projected starters.

Some sat because of injuries; others sat because coach Jeff Fisher wanted to protect them in their return from previous ailments. But Fisher indicated after the game that his team would be playing with something closer to a full deck when the Green Bay Packers come to town next Saturday.

Headlining the list is quarterback Sam Bradford.

"We’ll get some guys back this week," Fisher said. "As I told you guys, we deliberately held some people out. We’ll get some people back this week, not that Sam was held out for medical reasons, but he’s going to play."

Bradford, of course, is still in the process of working his way back from the anterior cruciate ligament surgery that ended his 2013 season nine games early. He's been full-go in this training camp and hasn't had any noticeable setbacks along the way. In fact, he's taken nearly every repetition with the first-team offense.

Against the Saints, the Rams were also without left tackle Jake Long and center Scott Wells, who are coming back from knee surgery and illness, respectively. Fisher indicated that both probably could have played if necessary, but the team wanted to take proper precaution. It remains to be seen if they'll play against Green Bay, but it would seem they both could, if Fisher chooses to go that way. Wells, in particular, has been getting quite a bit of work and looks poised for a return.

Among the others still dealing with minor injuries, linebacker James Laurinaitis (ankle), guard Rodger Saffold (stinger), defensive tackle Michael Brockers (ankle) and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (hamstring) are considered day-to-day propositions. The same can be said for others dealing with unknown injuries, a list that includes defensive tackle Kendall Langford and offensive lineman Barrett Jones.

Cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and Brandon McGee have been battling minor injuries, but are practicing through them for the most part and are also likely considered day to day.

The good news for the Rams is none of the injuries they're currently dealing with appear serious and there's still plenty of time to get their key players back to 100 percent before the regular-season opener on Sept. 7 against Minnesota.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Probably be a good idea to put him in along with our regular starters on OLine.
^ Mr Obvious

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, I take this as Bradford, Well, & Long will play. I wonder how's Saffold doing? Would be nice to see the starters of the 1st team offense all together. At least for a series or 3.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We should see Sam in games two and three, one would think. Game 4?

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We should see Sam in games two and three, one would think. Game 4?
For some damn reason Fish has played his starters in game four as well. That game always scares me because you have these marginal guys from other teams trying to make impact plays while we're just trying to skate through

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For some damn reason Fish has played his starters in game four as well. That game always scares me because you have these marginal guys from other teams trying to make impact plays while we're just trying to skate through

Yeah. Agree. Game four is always a game I worry about, for the reasons you've mentioned and we're SO CLOSE to the games that matter.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I think Fisher does this to help boost the confidence in the 1st unit and to ramp up the intensity going into the season opener. The coaches are teaching the team how to win by believing/trusting in the gameplan and do this by giving the team more of the playbook to work with each week.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think Fisher does this to help boost the confidence in the 1st unit and to ramp up the intensity going into the season opener. The coaches are teaching the team how to win by believing/trusting in the gameplan and do this by giving the team more of the playbook to work with each week.
I know there's logic to it, I just hate sittin with puckered cheeks for as long as our starters are in.:eek:

SierraRam

Recreational User
Does anybody know if Rodgers is playing?

Absolutely nothing on the Packer sights about Rodgers playing. He did have a quote before the last game saying he didn't expect to play this preseason anymore than he did last August. (huh?)

We will get to see the guy many "experts" had us taking at 13: HaHa Clinton Dix.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Bradford needs to play a little and get hit a couple times. He seems pretty confident with his knee already, but a couple of real game hits will help. Just not low hits. I look for him to play only if the OL is well manned with starters...Fisher won't take any chances at this point.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'd like to see 3 series maybe 4 at the most for Bradford as long as he has max protection with the starting O-line and rotating Britt Quick Bailey and Austin