Bradford "update(s)"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Iron Lion

Starter
Dang guys looks like he's done for. I like the way Dahl reacted though - there's a guy that will fight for his QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:
It looked like a torn patellar to me.

I agree w/ Dr. jrry's diagnosis.

It just reminded me of Mark Clayton. Same type of look to the injury and same mannerism after he went down. But if it were a patellar, I'd expect they'd know by now. So I could be wrong.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
It just reminded me of Mark Clayton. Same type of look to the injury and same mannerism after he went down.

Good observation, jrry.

Graphicker

Starter
jrry32 said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:

It just reminded me of Mark Clayton. Same type of look to the injury and same mannerism after he went down. But if it were a patellar, I'd expect they'd know by now. So I could be wrong.

Marks injury was different.. He landed on his knee and it dragged.. Similar to Baron Davi's injury vs the Miami Heat..

Sam's knee buckled and gave out.. It's a torn ACL worst case scenario..

816541109.gif

One was vs Contact and the other one wasn't.. Nothing happened to the knee itself by contact.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:

Yeah, your diagnosis made sense to me.

Graphicker

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b32da1/Mark-Clayton-Injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... ton-Injury</a>

Well Wasn't that much contact re looking at it.. Still highly doubt it's a torn patella.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Graphicker said:
jrry32 said:
OnceARam said:
jrry32 said:

Marks injury was different.. He landed on his knee and it dragged.. Similar to Baron Davi's injury vs the Miami Heat..

Sam's knee buckled and gave out.. It's a torn ACL worst case scenario..

816541109.gif

One was vs Contact and the other one wasn't.. Nothing happened to the knee itself by contact.

OMG... that is a brutal gif... it looks worse and worse every time I see it. And maybe the knee does buckle there... jesus...

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 28m
The Rams do fear Sam Bradford has a torn ACL but obviously will wait on MRI tonight to determine the specific knee injury, per sources.

had

Rookie
Looks like Sam has a wrap on that left knee/shin, yes?

Left leg plants, and the knee buckles.

I'd say that's an ACL.

But so much writing around in agony. Hmm. Maybe Jerry's right about the pattelar dislocation.

I am 100% on board for bringing Tebow in if Sam can't go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
Tebow? I know Kosar and all of us are critical of Clemens but... Tebow?
Thank you.

had

Rookie
Iron Lion said:

Absolutely. The guy wins games. Ugly duckling throwing motion? Who cares. The guy wins games.

Or did all of you miss what he did in Denver?

Wow.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not in favor of Tebow as a full time replacement but we're talking about if Bradford's season is over. Bring Tebow in to at least make the rest of the season worth tuning in.

Unless you just want Clemens in there to get the best possible draft pick. He isn't the present or the future. Rams aren't going to the playoffs and there really isn't any purpose in Clemens playing regularly. Either get a developmental QB in there to see if they've got something before next year or a guy like Tebow who'll at least be entertaining.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Bradford "update(s)"

had said:
Iron Lion said:

Absolutely. The guy wins games. Ugly duckling throwing motion? Who cares. The guy wins games.

Or did all of you miss what he did in Denver?

Wow.
He also had a stout defense in Denver keeping them in games till he had his lucky 4th qtr drive

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
His knee buckles a little bit but with the brace, you'd think that it wouldn't be too bad. God, wouldn't a sprain be a blessing? What the F is the point of the brace if his knee is going to buckle anyway?

With all of the gruesome lower legs pointing in the wrong direction and just flopping around, it's hard to believe that this could be too bad.

had

Rookie
Re: Bradford

He also had a stout defense in Denver keeping them in games till he had his lucky 4th qtr drive[/quote]

I don't think Tebow is a savior or anything, I'm just saying, the guy has a knack. A knack for winning.

And it's true.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

had said:
He also had a stout defense in Denver keeping them in games till he had his lucky 4th qtr drive

I don't think Tebow is a savior or anything, I'm just saying, the guy has a knack. A knack for winning.

And it's true.[/quote]
Well uh so did vy in Tennessee and we know where that got him

iced

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Rams fear Sam Bradford tore his left ACL in Sunday's Week 7 loss to Carolina.

Kellen Clemens is the only other quarterback on St. Louis' roster. So, losing Bradford would almost certainly torpedo what's left of the Rams' already downward-headed season. Bradford, to our knowledge, has never suffered a serious knee injury before. He battled shoulder problems at Oklahoma, but never a knee. The Rams are putting Bradford through a Sunday night MRI to confirm. Oct 20 - 9:03 PM

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford</a>

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Two St. Louis Rams sources tell Silver that they believe Sam Bradford suffered a severe knee injury during the team's loss to the Panthers. The knee was swollen, and Bradford was set to undergo an MRI on Monday. One source says he's "90 percent sure it's not good," and the other says the mood around the injury was "very negative." This is the type of talk you hear when it's a potential season-changing injury.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000266621/article/jay-cutler-sam-bradford-injured-early-signs-not-good" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... s-not-good</a>

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Torn left ACL, suspected. Sunday night MRI to confirm it. I want to cry, guys. You know what... I think I will.

I don't know about Tebow... I think he's out of miracles.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford</a>