Bradford "update(s)"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 8m
Bradford had black immobilzing brace on his left knee and was on crutches after getting off cart at visitors' locker room.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 11m
Rams QB Sam Bradford will have MRI on left knee following return flight to St. Louis. Fisher said he does not know extent of injury.
Expand
Might as well get a thread going on this subject. Everything hinges on it at this point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for putting this up, moklerman.

I don't know how the process works; but the fact it's unknown at this point feels a little like good news. In other words, if it was obvious ACL/MCL, we'd know already.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Good news my butt.

Immobilized and crutches = serious injury. ACL or MCL tear. If it was anything else he would be able to walk.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sounds significant, with the way he was writhing and supposedly Fisher sounding dejected in the post game doesn't paint a good picture.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Young Ram said:
Good news my butt.

Immobilized and crutches = serious injury. ACL or MCL tear. If it was anything else he would be able to walk.

Yeah, I guess you could be right.

Then again; it's the starting QB. Better safe than sorry on anything knee related.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Bradford "update(s)"

Young Ram said:
Good news my butt.

If they don't know what it is I would assume they would treat it like a worse case scenario until they do

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The way he hit his knew I wouldn't think a ligament year or strain. Possible dislocated knee cap or broken. Maybe just a bone bruise. But it's anyone's guess at this point

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Bradford

Rabid Ram said:
Young Ram said:
Good news my butt.

If they don't know what it is I would assume they would treat it like a worse case scenario until they do

Yeah. What he said.

V3

Hall of Fame
My guess is a partial tear in one or multiple ligaments.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The way he was writhing around in pain on the ground tells me it was more than a sprain.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Re: Bradford

Rabid Ram said:
Young Ram said:
Good news my butt.

Oh I guarantee they know a lot more but will not say it until it is confirmed with an MRI tomorrow.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I also don't think the angle(s) of the play that were shown would be of any help as to guessing what the injury was, as I didn't see anything really happen to his leg/knee. It didn't appear that it was turned one way or another. But seeing him being carted off and having trouble to get back up isn't a good thing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lesson said:
I also don't think the angle(s) of the play that were shown would be of any help as to guessing what the injury was, as I didn't see anything really happen to his leg/knee. It didn't appear that it was turned one way or another. But seeing him being carted off and having trouble to get back up isn't a good thing.
I clearly saw his knee buckle a bit on the leg plant and he dropped the football in agony immediately at that point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It looked like a torn patellar to me.

A55VA6

Legend
With those ACL injuries alot of the time it looks like a small tweak or that barely anything happened. Hope for maybe a sprain but I think it's possible he's out for a while..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The MCL is on the side of the knee, right? Since there was no twisting, the MCL is probably okay.

That leaves the ACL and the Patellar as the likely candidates. I'm with jrry, I'm thinking it's the Patellar.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Schefter reports the team is concerned about it. My guess is season ending.
Which would mean a lot of big changes.

I never knew that saying was "It's going to get worse before it gets worse". Wonder why I always had that wrong?