BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm a fan of Bradford but I believe the Eagles overpaid. I don't think Bradford was shopped, just that the price was right.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Gordon, did you really have to kick Sam under the bus on his way out the door? That was unnecessary.

Gordon should have held his words a little. Sam's a very talented guy going to a team that's had pretty good success over the years coached by a innovative offensive minded coach. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. Part of me thinks we just traded away the next Jim Plunkett.

Course the other part is a little relieved that the long Bradford debates are over.

Foles I'm not quite sold on, but I'm definitely looking forward to watching.

RamBill

Legend
Well, the Rams made some noise. Nick Foles is the newest Rams quarterback. Sam Bradford is headed to Philadelphia. Philly fans are pissed off. How did the Rams make this trade without giving up the No.10 pick? Later, Howard Balzer, original host of Prime Time, jumps on the phone lines to discuss the Foles-for-Bradford trade.

Listen to Trade Discussion

RamBill

Legend
Nick Foles described as “overjoyed he’s out of Philly”
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2015, 5:58 AM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/11/nick-foles-described-as-overjoyed-hes-out-of-philly/

Nick Foles is glad to be out of Philadelphia.

Foles, the former Eagles quarterback who was traded to the Rams for Sam Bradford and draft picks yesterday, apparently wanted to leave. Sal Paolantonio of ESPN said on 97.5 The Fanatic that a Foles relative described Foles as ecstatic to no longer be an Eagle.

“I just talked to a member of Nick Foles’s family. He is absolutely pumped, overjoyed he’s out of Philly,” Paolantonio said.

There had been no previous reports of Foles clashing with coach Chip Kelly, but it’s become clear recently that Kelly wasn’t satisfied with any of his top offensive skill position players. Foles, LeSean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin are all leaving the team this week.

In St. Louis, Foles is going to a place where he’s expected to be the starter. After enduring months of speculation that he’d be replaced in Philadelphia by Marcus Mariota, it’s easy to see why Foles would be happier as the man in St. Louis.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not saying he is "the same" but he's a similar type runner - but Murray has got some mileage on the clock in position where you run up mileage VERY quickly - and he ran behnd the greatest offensive line in football today....
didnt realize the cowboys abused him to the tune of 392 carries last year. would be nice if stacy regained his rookie form though.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't assume anything. And if I did? I'd base it on a recent memory that never did set well with me. I just hope we don't regret this. I hope instead we made a great move.

I've made no secret of what I view as the skill set of Foles. Doesn't matter though as long as he gets in there and helps our team.

Sorry I missed your Foles comments, I know his stats, but have no clue about him myself.

jap

Legend

Good QB's are a rare &hot commodity in this league, especially with all the rule changes to support them. I always thought multiple teams would show interest in Sam, although some would hedge their bets due to his injury history. However, if you really like him (like Kelly obviously does), and you know you are competing against other teams with similar interest in Sam I AM, you can get inspired by Les Snead to go just a little harder than the rest of the pack. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eh. I'm not sure. I still think Mariota needs a year to develop. Would prefer to keep Foles and develop Mariota behind him.

Has anyone coming out of that style of O in college had any success in the NFL?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have the same question. Does it matter on what team Bradford plays for the conditions to apply. The wording I've seen doesn't say it has to be for the Eagles.

I think it's implicit and non transferable without explicitly saying so .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Man! There is no way I could finish watching that. What a couple of angry douchebags. Sure makes sense that Bagless is a cowgirls fan.

Listening to all these national fucks bitch about Sams talent is hilarious. It just shows how very little they know or give a fuck about the Rams. They argument for him being injury prone should be the only thing discussed here.

RamBill

Legend
Social media exploded once the NFL free agency period launched Tuesday. It was a veritable free agent frenzy. One of the bigger moves announced Tuesday saw the St. Louis Rams trade quarterback Sam Bradford to the Philadelphia Eagles for its quarterback, Nick Foles. Former Rams linebacker Will Witherspoon visits Fox 2 News in the Morning to break down the trade.

Watch Witherspoon Talk Trade

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What is this? Thread resurrection day?

I keep pressing something where it sends my threads back months at a time. So I figured I might as well look for interesting ones, fun to look back.