BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm still on the Barrett Jones bandwagon. I don't care if it's as lonely as a kosher deli at noon in Mecca during Ramadan...
Lots of legroom on that wagon i bet. It's comfortable at least...right?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
So in a really sick way I want Sam to light it up because it protects the picks we get. But at the same time I want him to suck because I don't want us to find out we let go of baby Jesus.

I need therapy.

Baby Jesus! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
My response on an Eagles forum for what it's worth:

"Hey guys, Rams fan here stopping by to genuinely apologize for what happened today. I mean, we fleeced you because your coach is an idiot. There is really no other way I can word that. Bradford's cap number is $13 million for this year and we shed a ton of cap space by making this move for one year of Foles at a way cheaper price (and we could always extend him). The genuine apology comes from the fact that this is a borderline uncompetitive move from Kelly. I mean, how someone making personnel decisions at the highest level of the game could be so dumb as to trade Foles for this return even if he does end up flipping Bradford for Mariotta is absolutely beyond any logic I could possibly fathom. I assure you we Rams fans are as baffled by this as you are."

F'ing hilarious. I almost feel bad for their fans. Please update us. Hopefully you didn't include your home address with your posting as I've heard their fans don't have a sense of humor. ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Todd Bowles, former Cards DC, is now the HC in NY for the Jets, iirc.

He's got to know Bradford almost as well as Shurmur, our former OC.

If Mariota is there at 6, will he take Bradford as part of Kelly's move to get Mariota?

Or has Kelly learned the hard way that you really need a very accurate passer and Bradford turned out to be the guy he actually needs for THIS Eagles team to succeed?

We'll see on draft day since any trade would be contingent on Mariota being available and it would have to be kept secret to prevent teams from leapfrogging the Jets. Not that most GMs won't have probably put it together, but they won't know...
I think the Eagles have pretty much taken themselves out of the Mariota thing after this trade.

The Jets need a QB. They could also use a strong young RB and a WR.

Foles/Z.Stacy/ Rams #10

for

Jets #6 and a 5th

Jets still get an impact player(possibly WR), a hungry young RB and Foles.
Rams grab Mariota and now have a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th(from Philly) and a 5th(from NY) to draft OLine.

Would you do it?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Saw one video where Santa got KO'd by an ice ball (compacted snow ball that hits like a rock of equal size... So no bueno) by a fan either way back in the lower deck or from the upper deck. Was a helluva throw, hit Santa in the bean and turned his lights out.

I shouldn't laff, but I do sometimes... The way he pitched forward and slumped down after getting clocked... Funny, but wrong...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think the Eagles have pretty much taken themselves out of the Mariota thing after this trade.

Foles/Z.Stacy/ Rams #10

for

Jets #6 and a 5th

Rams grab Mariota and now have a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th(from Philly) and a 5th(from NY) to draft OLine.

Would you do it?

Hell no. Mariota isn't accurate. if Alex Smith is the comp, after YEARS of pro dev, Smith can't complete better than 33% of his passes beyond 20 yards. Beyond 40, okay, but 20? And folks wonder why the Chiefs' WRs had no TDs all last year. Even if Mariota is a HoFer in Kelly's system, we don't run that system.

Frankly, I think the combo of Cignetti and Weinke are perfect to clean up Foles' mechanics while putting him in a position to really succeed.

I think fans will see that we fleeced the Eagles.

Thst said, I still wish Sam the best wherever he ends up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hell no. Mariota isn't accurate. if Alex Smith is the comp, after YEARS of pro dev, Smith can't complete better than 33% of his passes beyond 20 yards. Beyond 40, okay, but 20? And folks wonder why the Chiefs' WRs had no TDs all last year. Even if Mariota is a HoFer in Kelly's system, we don't run that system.

Frankly, I think the combo of Cignetti and Weinke are perfect to clean up Foles' mechanics while putting him in a position to really succeed.

I think fans will see that we fleeced the Eagles.

Thst said, I still wish Sam the best wherever he ends up.
Don't mince words Mack, what do you really think?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Foles/Z.Stacy/ Rams #10

for

Jets #6 and a 5th

Would you do it?

Eh. I'm not sure. I still think Mariota needs a year to develop. Would prefer to keep Foles and develop Mariota behind him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
So now that the dust has settled a bit on all of this I'd just like to clarify whether the Eagles get any conditional picks if they trade Sam away before the season starts. I'm assuming not because I don't think the Rams FO would agree to terms like that but do we know what the answer to this question is yet?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So now that the dust has settled a bit on all of this I'd just like to clarify whether the Eagles get any conditional picks if they trade Sam away before the season starts. I'm assuming not because I don't think the Rams FO would agree to terms like that but do we know what the answer to this question is yet?

I was thinking the same thing, what if he's packaged up to get a higher draft pick by Philly?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
He had a chance to help lead the long-suffering Rams back into postseason play. With the San Francisco 49ers retooling, the opportunity was there.

Instead he prompted the team to trade him, ensuring him a honored place on the STL’s pantheon of NFL draft failure.

Sure, he won a lot more games than, say, Big Red catastrophe Steve Pisarkiewicz. The Zark played just 10 games over three seasons — going 2-2 in four starts — after the Cardinals drafted him from Mizzou 19th overall in 1977. But the Zark didn’t make $65.1 million while failing.

Sure, Bradford proved more useful and less arrest-prone than former Nebraska running back Lawrence Phillips. But the Rams were able to ditch L.P. before he did much damage here.

Bradford cast a five-year shadow over the franchise. There would be no happy ending for his star-crossed tenure.
Gordon, did you really have to kick Sam under the bus on his way out the door? That was unnecessary.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The assumption would be that the conditional pick would follow Bradford since any GM worth their salt would insist on at least that amount of fallback if Bradford never plays a down.

Gil Brandt reported that he KNOWS the Eagles 1st rounder and it isn't Mariota. Which on the 9th when he tweeted it made no damn sense. Now? Makes a while lot more sense...

Also, the Rams said that Kelly specifically came after Bradford...HARD. For weeks. So unless Bradford was a non-negotiable condition of a trade with a trading partner (which wouldn't make sense since Philly supposedly was assessing the cost to get Mariota among multiple trade partners), it really seems as if Bradford is their guy.

I could be totally wrong, but it's one thing to report something wrong. Brandt said he Knew the pick and mailed it to another person BEFORE the trade for Bradford.

So while we don't know, I would assume any play time conditions would stay with the player. That only makes sense. If Bradford isn't on a team, the league won't enforce a play time condition for a team he's not on.

But all that may be moot if Chip Kelly actually got the guy wants now versus in the draft.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gordon, did you really have to kick Sam under the bus on his way out the door? That was unnecessary.

it was unnecessary but gordon, like most people associated with the pd, is a fuckwit.

Shawnbb158

Starter
i am a big believer in bradford..... i have been for a long time. i still believe he can be one of the best qbs in the league if he stays healthy. i was "again" looking forward to this year talking about how great he will be as long as he is on the field... and even after this trade i do believe when he is on the field he can be great.... but saying all of that i 100% know we got the better end of the deal on this trade. we get a qb that has shown he can throw the ball in the nfl.... even tho its not much to go on and its in a certain offence.... but even going back to college he has an nfl arm and with some coaching he wont make stupid throws. ... add in the 2nd round pick next year plus a 1 round up this year.. not to mention the 12 mil cap space we get this year.... we couldnt ask for anything better... sorry long post i just had to get it out. go rams love rams nation.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
And another thing that has been lost in all of this is that I only downloaded Madden 15 last night and I'm already going to have to update the roster assuming that's possible. This is the real story in all of this.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
And another thing that has been lost in all of this is that I only downloaded Madden 15 last night and I'm already going to have to update the roster assuming that's possible. This is the real story in all of this.
Let's not forget that I have no idea what to do with my Sam Bradford jersey.