Bradford to seek trade? Could fit under cap in Denver.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Since the Eagles acquired him in March, Sam Bradford has been welcomed with open arms. We've gushed over his game film, followed every little bit of positive coverage on him from camp, and even seen Chip compare him to soon-to-be HOFer Drew Brees. Eagles fans everywhere are excited for the Bradford era to begin in Philly.

Sadly, we have all consistently overlooked a major problem with Sam Bradford.

I will now introduce you to the throwderp.

You can never have that awesome action shot of Bradford to hang on your wall or use as your desktop background. Sam cannot throw without derping.

It's hard to describe the derp, really. There appears to be many variations of it. This OTA derp makes Bradford look confident and weird, while this pregame warmup derp makes him look relaxed and weird. PhillyVoice writer Jimmy Kempski recently pointed out that Bradford can also look terrified and weird.

If he can get a new contract with the Eagles after the season, Bradford's throwderping may plague Philly for years to come. Before you get too excited about Sam Bradford, I implore you to come to terms with this tough reality.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/3j20x0/the_sad_truth_about_sam_bradford/

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in Iggles land and listen to talk radio. For what that is worth I'm not sure but, with the Bradford trade and both teams moving up it has some ties to the Rams. They where in kinda a no man's land after firing the Chipster. They had no other QB but Bradford so the gave him a deal that won't kill them long term. The Chase Daniel signing is a mystery with the amount of money they gave him. They still were OK if not solid at QB. Their GM Howie Roseman thought he could get not Carson Wentz the QB they believe can be like a Donavan McNabb for 10-12 years. Low and behold the Eagles moved up to #8 in the draft and then #2. They are going to get guy their man in part because the Rams move up to get the Browns man Goff. I don't think it's dysfunction as much as circumstances and opportunity. We will see if it works out.

I agree. They wanted to make sure QB was covered - so they signed Bradford to a short contract while figuring out if there were better long term options. He was the best QB they figured they could get. His major issue of course is his injury history. So they got Daniel as insurance. At that stage they were likely planning on drafting a developmental QB. But then the opportunity came to get one of the top 2 QBs in the draft, so they took it.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they traded Bradford to reduce the overall cost.

I'm sure they would rather have traded up to #2 first, before all their other QB moves - but that wasn't a real option at the time.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm in Iggles land and listen to talk radio. For what that is worth I'm not sure but, with the Bradford trade and both teams moving up it has some ties to the Rams. They where in kinda a no man's land after firing the Chipster. They had no other QB but Bradford so the gave him a deal that won't kill them long term. The Chase Daniel signing is a mystery with the amount of money they gave him. They still were OK if not solid at QB. Their GM Howie Roseman thought he could get not Carson Wentz the QB they believe can be like a Donavan McNabb for 10-12 years. Low and behold the Eagles moved up to #8 in the draft and then #2. They are going to get guy their man in part because the Rams move up to get the Browns man Goff. I don't think it's dysfunction as much as circumstances and opportunity. We will see if it works out.

We'll see, hindsight is 20/20 but seeing them sign these established contracts rather than being proactive is a head scratcher.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, in this day and age, you have to have a QB. I don't fault the Eagles for doing anything they're doing.

Just like I don't fault the Rams for trading up.

Where I do get worried is that Goff or Wentz aren't franchise guys. That being said, I've been disabusing myself of that thought because I'm a fan... and I consume hope like I consume water.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bradford doesn't seem like the kind of player Ole Horse Face Elway would like.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure Elway would take him. But would he give up that 31st pick in the draft for him? What does he see as Bradford's value?

Elway had a ton of grit as a QB. Bradford couldn't find his grit with both hands, because he doesn't have any. But, sure, he can wow a team in 7 on 7...

Ram65

Legend
We'll see, hindsight is 20/20 but seeing them sign these established contracts rather than being proactive is a head scratcher.

I don't understand your proactive statement nor 20/20 hindsight.

What would your plan had been?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don't understand your proactive statement nor 20/20 hindsight.

What would your plan had been?

Would've either rode the pine with Chase Daniel and look to see my draft options including the trade up OR sign Bradford with that contract and not even consider looking for a QB in the first round. Iggles seem to have a lot of issues on defense and trading up like that is why I thought it was a head scratcher.

JMHO.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/transactions.html

DATE DESCRIPTION
04/22/2016 Signed WR T.J. Graham to a one-year contract
04/20/2016 Eagles acquire a first-round pick (No. 2 overall) in the 2016 NFL Draft and a fourth-round pick in 2017 from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a 2016 first-round pick (No. 8 overall), a 2016 third-round pick, a 2016 fourth-round pick, a 2017 first-round pick and a 2018 second-round pick
04/18/2016 Signed P Ryan Quigley to a one-year contract
04/04/2016 Eagles release WR Seantavius Jones (non-football injury).
04/04/2016 Signed G/C Stefen Wisniewski to a one-year contract. Restricted free agent G Matt Tobin signed one-year tender.
04/01/2016 Waived OL Tanner Hawkinson
04/01/2016 Signed FB Ryan Mueller to a two-year contract
03/23/2016 Agreed to terms on a one-year contract with WR Rueben Randle.
03/16/2016 Agreed to terms on a one-year contract with WR Chris Givens.
03/15/2016 Agreed to terms on a one-year contract with CB Nolan Carroll.
03/11/2016 Released DE Brandon Bair.
03/11/2016 Agreed to terms on a trade sending QB Mark Sanchez to Denver for a 2017 conditional draft pick.
03/10/2016 Agreed to terms on a three-year contract with QB Chase Daniel
03/10/2016 Agreed to terms with LB Nigel Bradham on a two-year contract
03/09/2016 Agreed to terms on a three-year contract with CB Ron Brooks.
03/09/2016 Agreed to terms on a five-year contract with S Rodney McLeod.
03/09/2016 Agreed to terms on a five-year contract with G Brandon Brooks
03/09/2016 Eagles acquire a fourth-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft from Tennessee in exchange for RB DeMarco Murray and a fourth-round pick in 2016.
03/09/2016 Eagles acquire the 8th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft from Miami in exchange for LB Kiko Alonso, CB Byron Maxwell and the 13th overall pick in 2016.

03/08/2016 Agreed to terms on a two-year deal with CB Leodis McKelvin
03/04/2016 Tendered a one-year contract to restricted free agent G Matt Tobin. C David Molk announced his retirement
03/01/2016 Signed QB Sam Bradford to two-year contract.

What do you mean rode the pine with Chase Daniel? To me that means he is on the bench.

The Eagles signed Bradford before Free Agency which started on March 9th the same day they moved up in the draft. I don't think had any idea that they could make that deal when they signed Bradford. They had to give Bradford a deal or risk losing him to free agency. They had no guarantee that they would sign Daniel. Having Daniel as Bradford's backup and possible future QB made sense at the time. Daniel was new head coach Pedersons guy although a little wxpensive. I'm just saying the same thing as before. The had a chance to get a franchise QB and took it. They can still deal Bradford. They got rid of expensive contracts and got what many believe is a future franchise QB and the best one in the draft. Being in the 13th draft position at the start of the off season I don't think anyone thought they could get Wentz.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If Bradford gets to Denver, they've got to be solid favorites to repeat.

They won last year with worse QBing than we had (when Manning was playing, that is).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mark Sanchez's response:

sxffrqkx4fapqfxpamet.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-eagles-have-to-have-a-franchise-quarterback/

Howie Roseman: Eagles have to have a franchise quarterback
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 25, 2016

300x-11.jpg
AP

Eagles Executive V.P. of Football Operations Howie Roseman says the decision to trade up to the No. 2 overall pick in the draft was all about a belief that the way to win in the NFL is to get a long-term franchise quarterback.

“You have to have a winning franchise quarterback to compete over a long period of time,” Roseman said this morning on PFT Live. “One impact player at that position can change a team.”

So will that quarterback be Cal’s Jared Goff or North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz? Roseman said the Eagles will be happy with taking whichever quarterback the Rams don’t take first overall.

“You have to be comfortable with both guys at one and two,” Roseman said. “You don’t have that control when you’re picking second. We’re very comfortable with both quarterbacks, and that was the reason we were able to make this trade.”

Although Roseman said he discussed the trade with owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Doug Pederson and others in the organization, ultimately it was Roseman alone who had to make the call.

“This decision was mine,” Roseman said. “At the end of the day, this was my decision.”

Roseman said the Eagles had previously identified 10 players they liked a lot and were worried none would still be there at No. 13, so they traded up to the Dolphins’ first-round pick at No. 8. At that point they saw the opportunity to move up to No. 2.

“There are unique opportunities where you have to take chances to be great,” Roseman said. “One great player can change a team.”

With the Rams appearing poised to draft Goff, Eagles fans have to hope that one great player is Wentz.