Bradford to seek trade? Could fit under cap in Denver.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...y-to-ask-eagles-for-trade-out-of-philadelphia

Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford doesn't feel very wanted in Philadelphia and now, it seems that he wants out.

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, Bradford is likely to "ask for a trade" or "some way to get out of Philadelphia so that he can move on with his career somewhere else, with a team that is going to be invested in him long-term."

If Bradford does want out of Philly, it wouldn't be a complete surprise. The Eagles quarterback was reportedly upset on Wednesday after his team made a trade with theBrowns that gave the Eagles the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The reason Bradford's upset with the trade is because Eagles executive vice president Howie Roseman made it clear that Philly's going to take a quarterback with the second pick, which means more competition for Bradford.

If the Eagles do grab a quarterback with the second pick, that means they'd have three well-paid quarterbacks on the roster, which is one too many, according to Jon Gruden.

"The problem I see right now in Philadelphia is they have too many quarterbacks to be friendly with," Gruden said on Thursday, via ESPN.com. "How are they going to distribute any reps and get anybody ready when you've got Sam Bradford making $18 million, you gotChase Daniel, who's a backup, making $7 million?"

It's actually worse than that: Daniel's contract includes $12 million in guarantees, Bradford's includes $22 million in guarantees, and whomever comes in with the No. 2 pick will get a contract that includes at least $24 million in guarantees.

That's a lot of money for a position where only one guy can play at a time.

"I don't know how you're going to get these guys all reps and get them all ready, but Doug Pederson will have to answer that," Gruden said. "That will be a challenge."

Gruden, who now works for ESPN, hasn't coached since 2008, but he has a theory on what might happen, and it meshes with what Cole reported.

"There could be a trade," Gruden said. "I don't want to start any rumors in Philadelphia, but if they do draft a quarterback, with all they have invested in him, I'm sure they want to get him as many reps as possible. That's going to make somebody unhappy and perhaps expendable."

The biggest thing holding the Eagles back from a Bradford trade is probably his contract.

The quarterback has already collected an $11 million signing bonus from the team, which means if the Eagles were to trade him, they'd have paid him $11 million on his new contract to play zero snaps. That kind of deal isn't great for business if you're the Eagles.

On the other hand, Bradford is set to count $12.5 million against the salary cap in 2016, so the Eagles would save $1.5 million in cap space. Also, if the trade went down after June 1, the Eagles could spread the $11 million cap hit over two seasons ($5.5 million a year).

Plus, any new team would pick up the rest of Bradford's $11 million in guaranteed money ($7 million in 2016 base salary plus $4 million roster bonus in March 2017).

Basically, a new team would pay Bradford $7 million for 2016, which is interesting because that's the exact number Broncos general manager John Elway wanted to pay Colin Kaepernick. If Bradford wants out and a team is willing to pay a price the Eagles can't refuse (second- or third-round pick), it wouldn't be a shocker to see Bradford get traded.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford doesn't feel very wanted in Philadelphia and now, it seems that he wants out.

He better hope he is wanted somewhere else. The Eagles seem to be clueless considering the money they gave him and Daniels.

I mean come on.....Chase Daniels 7MIL per year.......what?????

That team is a mess and I love it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a no brainer for the broncos. If the Eagles are willing to trade him. I can't see why not. It took Sam half a season to get some what comfortable with the new system last season. Why not put the new kid in there and give him half a season to get up to speed.

The broncos just need a qb who can be efficient and minimise turnovers. That's Sam to a t. No brainer.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never seen a guy that made so much for doing so little .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. Gruden criticizing a team for having too many QB? That's hysterical. That would be like hearing Johnny Manziel concerned about a friend partying too much...

fancents86

Starter
Denver would be stupid to not take Bradford. I think he'd do quite well in that system, even make a playoff run.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, the Broncos would be the perfect fit for Sam. So far in his career he had been undeniably successful in making money, the rest of his game up for debate. I'm sure if he were publicly open to a contract restructure, he'd be snapped up in a minute. Interesting to see how this plays out

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Dominating defense, solid run game, effective receivers. It's all down to what Denver is willing to give up.

I can easily see Philly recouping a good chunk of that ransom they gave up to move to #2. Something like this year's first from Denver and a mid rounder next year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Bradford would do a lot better in Denver than Philly!JMHO

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Don't be dumb Denver Keenum or Foles is a cheaper safer bet! Make the trade! ;)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Bradford has the tools to do everything and more that Manning did during last year's Super Bowl run. He can be their future. I think it would be a perfect fit.

Ram65

Legend
A couple of months or so ago I said Bradford would be a good/great fit in Denver. It looks like it could happen. LOL Sanchez gets to backup Sam again. It just makes so much sense to do! The Eagles already paid the bonus money that could make this work out.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Pretty sure the Iggles beat the Browns for the award of most dysfunctional front office in the NFL this year.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I hope we win the Super Bowl.

Baring that, I hope the dumbass eagles trade Sam to the Broncos and they win it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
New York Jets could be in play too because the cap is more friendly then if they re-signed Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Pretty sure the Iggles beat the Browns for the award of most dysfunctional front office in the NFL this year.

I'm in Iggles land and listen to talk radio. For what that is worth I'm not sure but, with the Bradford trade and both teams moving up it has some ties to the Rams. They where in kinda a no man's land after firing the Chipster. They had no other QB but Bradford so the gave him a deal that won't kill them long term. The Chase Daniel signing is a mystery with the amount of money they gave him. They still were OK if not solid at QB. Their GM Howie Roseman thought he could get not Carson Wentz the QB they believe can be like a Donavan McNabb for 10-12 years. Low and behold the Eagles moved up to #8 in the draft and then #2. They are going to get guy their man in part because the Rams move up to get the Browns man Goff. I don't think it's dysfunction as much as circumstances and opportunity. We will see if it works out.