Bradford targets TE Cook regularly in Saturday workout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Joe Lyons
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/rams-report-bradford-targets-te-cook-regularly-in-saturday-workout/article_4aa6c86e-36a2-5f5e-a539-6302fc26e1af.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 6e1af.html</a>

Perhaps by design, Rams tight end Jared Cook was not targeted at all in the team's 27-19 loss to the Browns in Cleveland to open the preseason on Thursday.

Saturday, before a crowd of 1,270 at Rams Park in Earth City, quarterback Sam Bradford and Cook, one of the team's key offseason acquisitions, hooked up on three consecutive plays during a seven-on-seven red-zone drill.

Earlier in the workout, second-year wideout Raymond Radway came up with a pair of nifty grabs. Radway, a 6-foot-4, 204-pound speedster from Abilene Christian, caught a short pass from Kellen Clemens and went 53 yards for the game's final touchdown Thursday in Cleveland.

RAM-BLINGS

Big day for visitors at Rams Park as Sports Illustrated's Peter King and longtime NFL executive/broadcaster Gil Brandt of NFL.com Brandt was accompanied by Alex Marvez of Sirius Radio and Fox1.

• LBs Jabara Williams (hamstring) and Sammy Brown (calf) returned to the practice field Saturday after missing time with injuries. So did WR Andrew Helmick (hamstring), the Lindenwood University product. None of them did a whole lot.

• RBs Zak Stacy and Terrance Ganaway sat out Saturday. (Coach Jeff Fisher expects Stacy to return to practice Monday). Others missing Saturday's workout were rookie free agent tackle Sean Hooey (ankle) and DE Eugene Sims (family matter).

• DT Jermelle Cudjo, sidelined and on the PUP list with a foot injury, is out of his boot and close to returning. "We just need to get him back in football shape,'' Fisher said.

• Former Rams center Andy McCollum, a volunteer assistant coach with Eureka High, stopped by to watch Saturday's practice session. McCollum is a financial advisor.

• Coaches representing Herculaneum, Northwest Academy, Lafayette and Hazelwood Central were spotted along the sidelines Saturday at Rams Park.

PRACTICE SCHEDULE

The Rams are off Sunday. They will return for practice at Rams Park Monday at 3:30 p.m. That workout is free and open to the public.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I also like the news on Radaway here too.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Dagonet evincing his budding bromance with Radway:

It's amazing how fast the dearth of weapons at WR problem has evaporated isn't it? I find myself worrying about which of the three WRs (Helmick, Veltung or Radaway) we'll have to let go. I like it. :bg:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would really like to see Radway and Helmick stick around not to say I have anything against Veltung it's just a matter of numbers.
My solution is Radway makes the squad do to his experience, progress and upside and Helmick goes to the practice squad. Most certainly things will develop at the WR position through the year and both can attempt to move up the depth chart as time progresses

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
rdlkgliders living in a dream:
I would really like to see Radway and Helmick stick around not to say I have anything against Veltung it's just a matter of numbers.
My solution is Radway makes the squad do to his experience, progress and upside and Helmick goes to the practice squad. Most certainly things will develop at the WR position through the year and both can attempt to move up the depth chart as time progresses

Veltung is my last choice also. Here's the thing though, if both or all three of these guys look good in preseason I think the chances of us successfully stashing them on the PS are nonexistent. I think we'd have a better chance of stashing Radway due to the fact that he's already failed somewhere else. But it's still a good position to be in.

P.S. Has anyone ever told you that your name is almost impossible to pronounce? :lol: I think I hurt my tongue a few moments ago when I tried.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
albefree69 said:

Veltung is my last choice also. Here's the thing though, if both or all three of these guys look good in preseason I think the chances of us successfully stashing them on the PS are nonexistent. I think we'd have a better chance of stashing Radway due to the fact that he's already failed somewhere else. But it's still a good position to be in.

P.S. Has anyone ever told you that your name is almost impossible to pronounce? :lol: I think I hurt my tongue a few moments ago when I tried.

It is actually my email address and I usually use it as a profile name.
RDLK stands for (R)ams (D)odgers (L)akers (K)ings and Gliders (self explanatory)
when my brother and I were flying some prototype gliders we would usually fly in the late August evening.
Thy sky was often a deep orange to red like a red lake. You could see RDLK as an abbreviation for red lake.
So we were to name our now defunct company RDLK Gliders it worked as both acronyms for our favorite teams and an abbreviation for the sky we flew in.
Sorry so long and yes I know.....Boring

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rdlkgliders said:
albefree69 said:

RDLK stands for (R)ams (D)odgers (L)akers (K)ings and Gliders (self explanatory)
when my brother and I were flying some prototype gliders we would usually fly in the late August evening.
Thy sky was often a deep orange to red like a red lake. You could see RDLK as an abbreviation for red lake.
So we were to name our now defunct company RDLK Gliders it worked as both acronyms for our favorite teams and an abbreviation for the sky we flew in.
Thanks for the explanation!

Now go ahead and explain your signature... :rofl:

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I like the news on Raddaway, he may have something going on!! With Hemlick back though I want to see the competition heat up between those two against the pack!

V3

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
Dagonet evincing his budding bromance with Radway:

It's amazing how fast the dearth of weapons at WR problem has evaporated isn't it? I find myself worrying about which of the three WRs (Helmick, Veltung or Radaway) we'll have to let go. I like it. :bg:

Same here. I'm wondering if a WR, RB, or both could be traded before final cuts to some team with a decent backup RT or OG? And by backup, I mean a team that's heavy at the OT, OG position, not their backup, obviously.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3 perfectly in tune with me:
Same here. I'm wondering if a WR, RB, or both could be traded before final cuts to some team with a decent backup RT or OG? And by backup, I mean a team that's heavy at the OT, OG position, not their backup, obviously.

Sorry, but I'm taking credit for that idea cause I thought of it first.

As I remember it, 12 minutes prior to you to be exact.:lol:
I keep hoping there will be a lot of injuries at those positions.

jjab360

Legend
Dagonet said:
Radway reminds me a lot of Miles Austin, another Sherman disciple. 6-4 with track speed, the kid certainly has potential.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
rdlkgliders said:

I actually found it interesting. Welcome to the site. Fellow RDLK fan here.

V3

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
V3 perfectly in tune with me:

Sorry, but I'm taking credit for that idea cause I thought of it first.

As I remember it, 12 minutes prior to you to be exact.:lol:
I keep hoping there will be a lot of injuries at those positions.

Did I miss where you said you wanted to trade them for help where we're weak?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
RamFan503 said:
rdlkgliders said:

I actually found it interesting. Welcome to the site. Fellow RDLK fan here.

Thanks for the Welcome I new there were more RDLK's out there. As a 49 year old Ram fan I have been through a lot as a fan including going to a stadium that was filled with fans of the opposing team, and many more examples of being in the minority as a fan of a team that represents your city.
Anyway I am glad to see the St Louis contingent adopt the team I grew up and still do follow, for as A Rams fan I have 1 Favorite team and 31 second favorites that is just the way it is.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3 wondering if I'm still faster than him:
Did I miss where you said you wanted to trade them for help where we're weak?
Uh...yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

Remind me, what position was I thinking of trading for?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:

Of the 3, Radway is a distant third from what I have seen. His route running in practice leaves a lot to be desired, to the point I have seen him stop on routes when not targeted. Not the way to make a roster. Also, he is already 26. Not a young guy with much time left to "develop". His hands are suspect, by far the worst of the 3.

Veltung has come on strong in the past week, now that he has his feet wet in the system. Does anyone else think there might be something more to his being picked up FROM SEATTLE than just needing another WR to add to the roster?

My $$$ is still on Helmick as being the guy to challenge for a roster spot, assuming they keep a 6th WR.
If he regains his pre-injury form, he is the only guy I see capable of separating himself from the group.

Veltung and maybe Radway go to the Practice Squad.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CoachO not high on Radway:
Of the 3, Radway is a distant third from what I have seen. His route running in practice leaves a lot to be desired, to the point I have seen him stop on routes when not targeted. Not the way to make a roster. Also, he is already 26. Not a young guy with much time left to "develop". His hands are suspect, by far the worst of the 3.

Veltung has come on strong in the past week, now that he has his feet wet in the system. Does anyone else think there might be something more to his being picked up FROM SEATTLE than just needing another WR to add to the roster?

My $$$ is still on Helmick as being the guy to challenge for a roster spot, assuming they keep a 6th WR.
If he regains his pre-injury form, he is the only guy I see capable of separating himself from the group.

Good info.

My favorite was Helmick too. But I would really like Radway to make it because of the height and speed combo. I've heard that bad stuff about him before so I agree he'll probably not make it if he continues down that track.

I read that Veltung just got promoted.

Like I said, Radway will probably be the easiest to stash if we want to.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
CoachO said:
albefree69 said:

This Analysis just leaves me jealous I can not watch the practices in person.
Obviously relying on the coverage and playing time of the players in the preseason games can be misleading.
Thanks for the good first hand reports Coach.

bluecoconuts

Legend
rdlkgliders said:
albefree69 said:

Good choice of teams, you're a smart man.