Bradford Still My QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
Bradford has way more upside than Davis. I just wish he could stay healthy. His arm is a top seven arm in this league

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's funny people are bringing up stats of our overall offense and how they look better with Davis when he has the superior supporting cast. I'm not a head-on Bradford supporter by any means but I'd like people to give fair assessment for both QBs. ACL injuries tend to get stronger after surgery with enough time to heal but that doesn't mean fully ready once good to go.

I'd like to bring him back too (as you can see with my avatar) but for a reasonable price. That cap hit won't warrant it but I'm sure Bradford will re-negotiate reasonably even if other teams give him some nice offers.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

I'm sure Bradford would revive his career in Arizona with Bruce Arians coaching that team and I would HATE to see that happen again.

fearsomefour

Legend
We will have to agree to disagree. You will notice that I did not say "running QB" I said mobile QB with pocket presence. Big Ben, Romo, Rodgers are all examples of mobile QBs that make plays downfield by extending plays while under pressure.
I think we are basically agreeing then. Even a guy like Warner who certainly couldn't run could buy time sliding in the pocket b

Big Willie

Starter
???

Sam Bradford: 6' 4" - 224 lbs
Austin Davis: 6' 2" - 221 lbs[/QUOTE

I didn't say he was short. It simply appears to me that he has more trouble seeing downfield and I still contend his average height creates limitations (that's what I see when I watch the games - subjective) ...especially when you factor in the heights of the offensive and defensive linement. A 6'4 -6'5" QB is more desirable to me... (Luck, Newton, Brady, P Manning, Kaepernick, etc.) I didn't say he couldn't do it, which is why I suggested drafting a QB, trading SB, and giving AD the role as the transition QB.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If Bradford is truly done here, my epitaph will be thus:

Didn't get it done here beyond flashes of exciting potential. Not his fault, and I honestly don't see anyone doing appreciably better. At the time, I wanted Suh because I worried about whether this team could honestly support a #1 overall QB after seeing Bulger get Bulgerized. (especially since we didn't know Saffold would fall into our laps... Alex Barron being Bradford's LT is the stuff of nightmares.)

If Davis keeps performing at his current level, the Rams HAVE TO stay with the hot hand, even though I think Bradford definitely has potential to go elsewhere and excel as long as he's given what every QB needs to succeed. The oft-quoted Bradford to Arizona scenario makes me throw up in my mouth a little. But you won't ever see me saying anything bad about Bradford, as I think he did the best anyone could. Great QBs can make good teams or even mediocre teams look great, but no one can do much with a bad team, especially with the issues with OL and receiver corps (NOT "receiver core"... one of my pet peeves there.)

ram007

Starter
OMG... Warner 2.0.

That's very scary because it's realistic.

I think Bradford either goes to Titans or Cardinals. Whisenhunt and Arians needs match on what they look for in a QB and Bradford has most of the attributes. I think he ends up as Titan.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Bradford either goes to Titans or Cardinals. Whisenhunt and Arians needs match on what they look for in a QB and Bradford has most of the attributes. I think he ends up as Titan.

That'd be good. All I know is I'm growing very weary of players that can't stay on the field. We can't keep paying them.