Bradford Still My QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We'll tender him at $ 2.75 million and if someone goes over that we get their first round draft choice ,which likely would be an early one considering it's a team needing a qb

Sounds like a winning position to be in. I bet Washington wishes KC hadn't shit the bed this season......

RamzFanz

Damnit
I admit, I HATE the thought of Bradford going to anyone else because I think he still has a lot of good football left in him. Another part of me thinks that maybe it would be best for both parties if he moved on. Sam was unfortunate enough to be drafted by a dumpster fire of an organization and for many fans he represents a futile and hopeless era in Rams football. I wonder if Sam would welcome a trade at this point. I wouldn't blame him if he did. I am prepared to get behind Davis and see where he can take us. I really like his demeanor from what I have seen. It takes a certain, special type of person to be a successful QB in the NFL. I think he may have those qualities. Time will tell.

Yeah. I feel worse for Bradford than the Rams. With a little luck he could be having a pro-bowl season. We never had a chance to see him surrounded by talent.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'll be bitterly disappointed if the rams moved on from Sam. Bring him back and let him compete for the job. If he gets hurt Davis should be a hardened vet by the end of this season and ready to take over.

Not sure what the downside is to that.

Agree, but gotta throw out some downsides because you are curious.

-money for both players, gets complicated fast. Bradford to take a pay cut and would would play, most likely. Davis gets a pay bump to sit? Yes, complicated.

- Fisher expressed great confidence in Davis by naming him the starter. Vote vote of confidence would look odd if Sam returns.

-Fisher doesn't like a QB contraversy, stated it in the draft.They want to avoid it.

-Divided locker room? I think I know what side Cook is on.

That's he main ones I have.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I admit, I HATE the thought of Bradford going to anyone else because I think he still has a lot of good football left in him. Another part of me thinks that maybe it would be best for both parties if he moved on. Sam was unfortunate enough to be drafted by a dumpster fire of an organization and for many fans he represents a futile and hopeless era in Rams football. I wonder if Sam would welcome a trade at this point. I wouldn't blame him if he did. I am prepared to get behind Davis and see where he can take us. I really like his demeanor from what I have seen. It takes a certain, special type of person to be a successful QB in the NFL. I think he may have those qualities. Time will tell.

Just gotta say I highly doubt Sam welcomes a trade. He was engaged on the sidelines, he's pulling for his team, and he's looks in high spirits. I just don't see it.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Jim Everett was awesome for many, many seasons and yet is vilified by many for his phantom sack and happy feet at the end. And Bradford is revered without doing much.
I just don't get it

I disagree on a couple of things here...I wouldn't say Everett was awesome for many, many seasons...He had a nice run with the Rams...I don't know who Sam is revered by...Seems to me that far more fans have gone thumbs down on him than hold him in high esteem...I have always liked him and I liked Everett...I don't go to either of those extremes with either of them...

lockdnram21

Legend
Dam, he'd light it up. Very heart breaking, for me. Thankfully we have a long way to go before a decision must be made. Sample size is relatively small on Davis, too. I just want them both for the next 5 years.
tome Bradford is to big of risk for next season. Dont care how big his arm is if he cant stay healthy

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I've been a Bradford supporter for a long time, but there's no way you can count on him. I'd like to bring him back next year to compete, but not at his current salary.

I'm not at all opposed to seeing Bradford vs. Davis vs. someone like Brett Hundley

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I love Bradford as much as most, but I feel it is time to move on.

To much money+to many games missed+Not living up to #1 overall status(not entirely his fault)=time in St. Louis over.

I think maybe a change of scenario would be best for both parties. I wish for the best for Sam wherever he goes and hopes he proves the doubters wrong.

Davis is our QB now and I hope he continues to grow and impress. I am on the Davis train 150%!!

P.s. My two Bradford jerseys will still be worn in the future.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
some ppl going just a bit homer on Davis already wanting him to start next year and all. he's smart but there's a little more to it. does he have the arm strength? is he able to keep the ball low and on the numbers when he has to while throwing into traffic? he's been great but has some throwing issues that need to be looked at before jumping on the wagon

RamsFan14

Starter
It's quite depressing to think about this situation... The guy has a ton of talent, yet... It just hasn't worked out for w/e reason. It really stinks and it kills me inside to admit that he hasn't lived up to the hype (DEF not all his fault)... I had super high expectations for him, have supported him all these years... The offense has come together better then before and that ACL injury just ruins everything. Idk what to say, it's a tough situation. Seriously, he's had as much bad luck as Alex Smith had in San Fransisco, but that's where I do have a glimmer of hope. I do hope that Bradford restructures his contract to stay with us and compete for the starting job with Davis. We'll have two QBs under center, may the best man win. I can't justify paying Bradford what is it, ~17 million next year with all the injury history? He hasn't played much football in 2 years! That's too much money to be paying someone who's been hurt too much. I do want him to stay a Ram, but only at a reduced price, otherwise I think we should cut ties with him. Davis has done an amazing job, he's been fun to watch. The one thing Bradford doesn't have that Davis has, it's that aggressive mentality. That's truly the one thing Bradford really lacks imo.

Davis has been a pretty good QB, I do love the makeup of the guy, he's someone you want to cheer for. Just stinks that Bradford hasn't lived up to the hype, cause I think a lot of us can agree he's pretty talented of a QB and he's a guy you want representing your team (based on his personality). Very tough situation, but Davis does give me hope in terms of winning. I don't even know if Bradford will ever be the same QB after his second tear, we'll see weather he's in Rams uniform or another uniform. He'll get his chance, maybe the Jets will look into him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
some ppl going just a bit homer on Davis already wanting him to start next year and all. he's smart but there's a little more to it. does he have the arm strength? is he able to keep the ball low and on the numbers when he has to while throwing into traffic? he's been great but has some throwing issues that need to be looked at before jumping on the wagon
Arm strength is overrated. Can he throw a 60 yard laser? No. But neither can Manning or Montana among many others. Your in the traffic passes we still don't know for sure. He doesn't have a Tebow throwing motion so I'm good.

I understand many being hesitant as yourself, and I have been doing the best to be the same, but he just gets the job done(for the most part) on offense. Just my opinion though. I am on the Davis wagon and maybe Itll bite me in the ass, or maybe it won't. But I know we both hope for the best.

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter
Arm strength is overrated. Can he throw a 60 yard laser? No. But neither can Manning or Montana among many others. Your in the traffic passes we still don't know for sure. He doesn't have a throw throwing motion so I'm good.

I understand many being hesitant as yourself, and I have been doing the best to be the same, but he just gets the job done(for the most part) on offense. Just my opinion though. I am on the Davis wagon and maybe Itll bite me in the ass, or maybe it won't. But I know we both hope for the best.

Life as a Rams fan... We're in it together lol, whenever we start winning forreal, it's going to feel great! Just gotta keep our heads up

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Life as a Rams fan... We're in it together lol, whenever we start winning forreal, it's going to feel great! Just gotta keep our heads up
Unfortunately that's the hardest part lol, but we still do it!! With the help of each other(and some alcohol for me and others)!! The warner curse sucks ass!!

Go Rams!!!!

Alan

Legend
MerlinJones hoping for a seat by the bar:
He must have an awfully big car.
Plenty of room for Sam, myself and two hot babes in a stretch limo. If you're willing to supply the hot babes then you can come too. In fact, that's a great idea because otherwise one of those hot babes is going to be my wife. :eek: :LOL:
upload_2014-10-24_21-9-6.jpeg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's quite depressing to think about this situation... The guy has a ton of talent, yet... It just hasn't worked out for w/e reason. It really stinks and it kills me inside to admit that he hasn't lived up to the hype (DEF not all his fault)... I had super high expectations for him, have supported him all these years... The offense has come together better then before and that ACL injury just ruins everything. Idk what to say, it's a tough situation. Seriously, he's had as much bad luck as Alex Smith had in San Fransisco, but that's where I do have a glimmer of hope. I do hope that Bradford restructures his contract to stay with us and compete for the starting job with Davis. We'll have two QBs under center, may the best man win. I can't justify paying Bradford what is it, ~17 million next year with all the injury history? He hasn't played much football in 2 years! That's too much money to be paying someone who's been hurt too much. I do want him to stay a Ram, but only at a reduced price, otherwise I think we should cut ties with him. Davis has done an amazing job, he's been fun to watch. The one thing Bradford doesn't have that Davis has, it's that aggressive mentality. That's truly the one thing Bradford really lacks imo.

Davis has been a pretty good QB, I do love the makeup of the guy, he's someone you want to cheer for. Just stinks that Bradford hasn't lived up to the hype, cause I think a lot of us can agree he's pretty talented of a QB and he's a guy you want representing your team (based on his personality). Very tough situation, but Davis does give me hope in terms of winning. I don't even know if Bradford will ever be the same QB after his second tear, we'll see weather he's in Rams uniform or another uniform. He'll get his chance, maybe the Jets will look into him.

I really wanted Sam to get a shot at it this year...Unfortunately, as much as I always liked him, I too think his days in St. Louis are probably numbered...My wish is that if that's the case, he gets a shot to play in the league...I really want to know what he can do with good health and at least a reasonable semblance of talent around him...He has become a gazillionaire while seeing the Rams get little in return, so if they do decide to cut him loose, he certainly has to understand that...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I fear if we keep him he'll get hurt again ... I fear if we let him go, he'll go somewhere else, light it up, and make us regret it.

Man I hope Davis can prove himself so that even if we do let Sam go we are set at the position and don't have to hit the reset button and draft a guy.