Bradford Still My QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Now I ask we don't flame here, first and foremost. But hey, we're not "those guys," anyhow.

I just can't get over the arm strength. If Sam was healthy for this game then I'd play him without hesitatation. I think we're at least 4-2 with Sam. Craps of it is I love Davis, too. I want them both locked up long term.

I'm just trying to make my cake and have it, too. I know it's not realistic. :(

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Gonna have to let go of one of em, if we do stick with Bradford I think somone would give Davis an opportunity he's earned it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gonna have to let go of one of em, if we do stick with Bradford I think somone would give Davis an opportunity he's earned it.

If you put it that way then I'd go Davis. I'm hoping for a Demoff miracle, here.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm betting Bradford goes to Buffalo. Seems like a good fit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Sam, but don't think he's the Rams future anymore. He came to our team at a bad time, which seems to be the lot of players taken with the #1 Pick. I think Sam has greater skills than Davis, but Davis is willing to sling it more freely..That may not always be a good trait, but Sam seems to tighten up and be too safe....I don't know at this point if Austin Davis is our franchise QB yet, way too early to tell. I just don't think the Rams can go through another year of rehab, hoping that Bradford can make it through a season...Add the fact of not much liability to cut Bradford in 2015 to his injury history, it doesn't look good for him.

It's time to go in a different direction, so I am looking forward to see what Davis can do.......jmho.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jim Everett was awesome for many, many seasons and yet is vilified by many for his phantom sack and happy feet at the end. And Bradford is revered without doing much.
I just don't get it

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm betting Bradford goes to Buffalo. Seems like a good fit.

Dam, he'd light it up. Very heart breaking, for me. Thankfully we have a long way to go before a decision must be made. Sample size is relatively small on Davis, too. I just want them both for the next 5 years.

Now I ask we don't flame here, first and foremost. But hey, we're not "those guys," anyhow.

I just can't get over the arm strength. If Sam was healthy for this game then I'd play him without hesitatation. I think we're at least 4-2 with Sam. Craps of it is I love Davis, too. I want them both locked up long term.

Which 2 do you have us winning? Maybe Minnesota as Davis didn't start. Clearly not Dallas as Davis would have (and damn near did) throw for 4 TDs that game, something Sam's never done. Philly maybe? I'm not sure Sam doesn't have that fumble 6 but who knows. 49ers Davis was pretty much in line with Sam's average against them since Fisher got here. Does Sam put up the best game since December 2010 against the Seahawks? If he does does Fisher still go with the trick punt on 4th and 16 from his own 5? because Sam wouldn't have had the spin move completion. The only way we're 4-2 with Sam is if Sam plays above what he's done so far in his career. I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, Davis is playing against a ghost out there, he does great it means nothing because Sam would do better.

Ramatik

Starter
I don't get how people have gotten all excited over Davis. The Rams lost two games where he threw up ducks. And he's hardly a winning quarterback at this point. The bright spot is that the team is looking so much better. You can finally start to see some emerging talent. I hope the kid becomes what all the Bradford Haters and Brett Favre thinks he is. I liked the last game he played. I wasn't too impressed until that clutch drive last week. That was pretty sweet. But we need to see vast improvement from everyone at this point. Personally, I don't care if it's a draft pick, Davis or Bradford, I would just really like someone to step up and play with some consistency and/or stay healthy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I like Sam, but don't think he's the Rams future anymore. He came to our team at a bad time, which seems to be the lot of players taken with the #1 Pick. I think Sam has greater skills than Davis, but Davis is willing to sling it more freely..That may not always be a good trait, but Sam seems to tighten up and be too safe....I don't know at this point if Austin Davis is our franchise QB yet, way too early to tell. I just don't think the Rams can go through another year of rehab, hoping that Bradford can make it through a season...Add the fact of not much liability to cut Bradford in 2015 to his injury history, it doesn't look good for him.

It's time to go in a different direction, so I am looking forward to see what Davis can do.......jmho.

Very much so respect your opinion, man. Very insightful and fair.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sam is the high school girlfriend that you thought you'd love forever.

Austin is the rebound girl that you hope turns into a long relationship.

tbux

Rookie
I would love for Sam to come back at a reasonable price (preferably an incentive laden contract) and compete for the job with Davis and whatever rookie we bring in. I expect Sam would win that competition and if he gets hurt again, we have Davis or the rookie coming in (prob Davis). Sam, Davis and grooming rookie- sounds good to me. I don't think Sam is done- he may be here as I don't know how the money part will work out, but I do think he is better than Davis- though Davis has played well in spurts for sure. I think it would be a fun competition to watch play out. I think Sam would be doing really well with this offense- and I hope he gets one more shot here. Good kid, smart, works hard and is very driven. Hope he can avoid another big injury.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't get how people have gotten all excited over Davis. The Rams lost two games where he threw up ducks. And he's hardly a winning quarterback at this point. The bright spot is that the team is looking so much better. You can finally start to see some emerging talent. I hope the kid becomes what all the Bradford Haters and Brett Favre thinks he is. I liked the last game he played. I wasn't too impressed until that clutch drive last week. That was pretty sweet. But we need to see vast improvement from everyone at this point. Personally, I don't care if it's a draft pick, Davis or Bradford, I would just really like someone to step up and play with some consistency and/or stay healthy.

You represent my current impression, except I don't want a draft pick. I don't wanna start over with a rookie, again.

Davis didn't have to put up huge numbers last week, team win. His performance was very favorable, at worste. He shined when he had to, trait of a really good QB.

But let's just see how much better he's getting. His progress from week one to now is truly astounding. Shoot, this dates back to preseason.

I highly advise everyone reads his HS coaches comments, too. Very insightful.

And hats off to Faulk for eyeing Davis in PS. The man knows the game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Right now, today, I would go Bradford #1 and Davis #2 and keep them both!! We still have 10 more weeks of Football, at a minimum !

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Right now, today, I would go Bradford #1 and Davis #2 and keep them both!! We still have 10 more weeks of Football, at a minimum !

Exactly, our sure fire 1-2 punch. That's what I'm hoping for. They're both the answer.

Whoo! Ten weeks!

It goes by so crazy fast

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If we don't trade Sam and he gets released, if I was a gambling man, i'd put money on him going to the Cards 20x better than Palmer IMO.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If we don't trade Sam and he gets released, if I was a gambling man, i'd put money on him going to the Cards 20x better than Palmer IMO.

OMG... Warner 2.0.

That's very scary because it's realistic.

AZRamsFan93

If it helps you to get over it, JaMarcus Russell may have the strongest arm coming out of college in the past 2 decades.

Just sayin...