Bradford said...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The offense wasn't able to adjust to what the Dallas D did.

Why is that? Is it because the coaches are clueless?

What I do know is that the OL got manhandled, and the RBs and WRs and even Cook looked like scrubs.

Obviously, the defense was putrid, but the offense was bad on it's own. And IMHO, I think Sam deserves the least of the blame.

KC is 3-0 with Alex Smith. Cleveland beat Minny today with a 3rd string backup. That's a lot of good coaching.

This loss is mostly on Fisher. He picked his staff, and he picked most of these players, and he prepared his team. This is his product on the field. And they stunk.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The thing I hate about the fake punt is that everyone in the league knows Z can make it from there 8 of 10 we don't punt when we are within the 40 yard line period.

OCRich

UDFA
The Rams seem to have no answers against the blitz. All they do is run quick outs it seems. Have to get more creative against pressure.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
rdlkgliders said:
The thing I hate about the fake punt is that everyone in the league knows Z can make it from there 8 of 10 we don't punt when we are within the 40 yard line period.
That's what got me too, even Johnston and Alberts pointed it out and asked why we weren't just using Zuerlein.

The fact that our punt team was out there at all was a dead give away.

Not Fisher's best work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
max said:
The offense wasn't able to adjust to what the Dallas D did.

Why is that? Is it because the coaches are clueless?

What I do know is that the OL got manhandled, and the RBs and WRs and even Cook looked like scrubs.

Obviously, the defense was putrid, but the offense was bad on it's own. And IMHO, I think Sam deserves the least of the blame.

KC is 3-0 with Alex Smith. Cleveland beat Minny today with a 3rd string backup. That's a lot of good coaching.

This loss is mostly on Fisher. He picked his staff, and he picked most of these players, and he prepared his team. This is his product on the field. And they stunk.

Right there with you Max. He stood in the teeth of constant pressure and delivered balls only to be dropped. Yeah, he had a few poor throws but really? What QB succeeds in his place? ZERO. I'm not sure I would call his play a bright spot but he was about as far from the problem as anyone out there today.

This loss is mostly on the coaches. Even scrubs can stay in a game with good coaching.

iced

i've never wanted new coordinators more than ever...

clearly walton blows at defensive coordinator - blake williams did a lot more with less....

schotty - come on man...any chance we can hire the QB coach or some offensive assistant from the saints? I'm gettin tired of the dink and dunk, and I'm not sure if that's bradford or schottys doing

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The thing is, new coordinators won't help.

Sam has full reigns. He is able to change the play call at the LOS...so change it. Drop yourself into shotgun. Do something at the line other than say "hut hut" 5 seconds after you line up. Throw it two someone that is farther than 3 yards deep. Scramble to the oitside to by your receivers some time.

The coaching is not going to change mid season. I don't think Fisher would do that...

So Sam needs to do something.

bluecoconuts

Legend
HitStick said:

Sam has full reigns. He is able to change the play call at the LOS...so change it. Drop yourself into shotgun. Do something at the line other than say "hut hut" 5 seconds after you line up. Throw it two someone that is farther than 3 yards deep. Scramble to the oitside to by your receivers some time.

The coaching is not going to change mid season. I don't think Fisher would do that...

I don't think that would be the correct answer to the situation.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
max telling a whopper:
This loss is mostly on Fisher. He picked his staff, and he picked most of these players, and he prepared his team.
I disagree.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
max telling a whopper:
This loss is mostly on Fisher. He picked his staff, and he picked most of these players, and he prepared his team.
I disagree.

I didn't say he prepared them well. :p

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

It seems to be the solution for Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers...etc

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

It seems to be the solution for Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers...etc

So, where was it announced Sam has full reigns?

Because if he did; we'd be in more up-tempo.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

Well, the least of those 5 still has 10 years in the same system (Rivers).

I agree in principle though. Bradford should be given a dozen plays, shotgun snaps, and forego the huddle.
Let's see what happens then.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
CGI_Ram said:
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

Well not in that reguard but he is allowed to audible, make adjustments and all that at the line of scrimmage...

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

I agree in principle though. Bradford should be given a dozen plays, shotgun snaps, and forego the huddle.

I'd imagine it would show that Sam can get this team to the next level.

His talents are being wasted.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HitStick said:
CGI_Ram said:
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

Well not in that reguard but he is allowed to audible, make adjustments and all that at the line of scrimmage...

So maybe he missed some audibles. I dunno.

Does every play require an audible? Might as well make Sam the OC then.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
X said:
HitStick said:
bluecoconuts said:
HitStick said:

I'd imagine it would show that Sam can get this team to the next level.

His talents are being wasted.
You might be right. It's difficult to tell, but maybe Schotty is overthinking things.
And Walton might be underthinking...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Thordaddy said:
That fake punt WTF?

Sorry, I loved that call. 57 yards out is believeable, it's not expected on a 4th and 14, and Hecker has a history of very good passing. In a game where they were going to be challenged scoring, loved that call. He overthrew an open Bailey.

Good call, good execution, bad throw.

I can't think of another smart play call the rest of the game. JMHO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamzFanz said:
Thordaddy said:
That fake punt WTF?

Sorry, I loved that call. 57 yards out is believeable, it's not expected on a 4th and 14, and Hecker has a history of very good passing. In a game where they were going to be challenged scoring, loved that call. He overthrew an open Bailey.

Good call, good execution, bad throw.

I can't think of another smart play call the rest of the game. JMHO.

Co-sign.