Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As far as giving back money? I hate it when people begrudge the very few NFL players that make big money. 78% of NFL players go bankrupt within 2 years of their "retirement" from the NFL, while 100% of owners are Billionaires.

FYI all NFL players make "big money" The minimum salary is more money than most people will ever make in a year. Most make over a million a year. The minimum NFL salary is $450,000.

Also 78% of players do not go bankrupt, that's BS.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm so glad the Rams got rid of this guy.

He's the biggest mistake the team has made in many years and he's really showing his true colors now...........

freak him.
I remember the day after we drafted him, someone pointed out that his name is an anagram for BAD For Rams.

Pretty much spot on, except Sam's name has an extra D for.......disappointing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't be surprised if Bradford ends up with the Jets.
Its possible, but the Jets are STOKED about Hackenburg and see him as the future.
Sam is going to have to suck it up and realize that wherever he goes, he's a short term fix unless he kills it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Its possible, but the Jets are STOKED about Hackenburg and see him as the future.
Sam is going to have to suck it up and realize that wherever he goes, he's a short term fix unless he kills it.

Other than the Eagles who wants Bradford at that price? He's almost untradeable and even if he reworked his deal there isn't much of a market for an often injured journeyman quality QB. He needs to shut the fuck up and play, then hope after they cut him at the end of the year someone else will give him a chance.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other than the Eagles who wants Bradford at that price? He's almost untradeable and even if he reworked his deal there isn't much of a market for an often injured journeyman quality QB. He needs to shut the freak up and play, then hope after they cut him at the end of the year someone else will give him a chance.
I agree, the market is pretty non existent at this point. Particularly with the idea that he wants to be the man.
He gets an A on the report card for making money in the NFL and sadly still gets an INC for performance

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree, the market is pretty non existent at this point. Particularly with the idea that he wants to be the man.
He gets an A on the report card for making money in the NFL and sadly still gets an INC for performance

I would have thought the Jets would have made some sort of a play for him, especially since they are so far apart with Fitzbeardly, but I'm often wrong hahaha.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have thought the Jets would have made some sort of a play for him, especially since they are so far apart with Fitzbeardly, but I'm often wrong hahaha.
They don't want to give Fitz 10 mill after he set the team record for TD, so I can see the hesitation to give Sam 18 mill when he hasn't come close to that production. Lol

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just going to link an article from March. Eagles have been publicly talking about drafting a QB since February. It was not a secret.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Early-Birds-How-Doug-Pederson-thinks-Sam-Bradford-should-react-to-a-rookie-quarterback.html#6oAPXKWYIyuzMHBw.99

There's a huge difference between creating a QB pipeline, drafting guys to develop them over several years, and making two trades to move up to #2 so you can draft a top QB - which happened after Sam signed the contract. The former means that the rookie will play only if necessary or Sam is totally outplayed - the latter means that they will be looking for an excuse to put the kid in as soon as they think he won't be a disaster. There's too much invested in him. If Sam had been told the latter, he wouldn't have signed the contract. If he had been told that two starters and a bunch of draft picks were going to be traded to put the Eagles in position to draft this kid, so that Sam would have much less chance to win (giving the Eagles a reason to play the rookie) he definitely wouldn't have signed that contract. So now the posturing begins. Sam wants to be traded ASAP, so he can learn a new system. The Eagles want to keep him for a few games, then likely trade him to a team desperate for a QB. Trying to keep him all year when they have Daniel anyway, and need to get picks back for next season, would be stupid.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If he had been told that two starters and a bunch of draft picks were going to be traded to put the Eagles in position to draft this kid, so that Sam would have much less chance to win (giving the Eagles a reason to play the rookie) he definitely wouldn't have signed that contract.

They wouldn't have known that back in March. I imagine the opportunity to trade up for Wentz only happened once the Rams moved into 1 and Cleveland desired to move down.

As far the Eagle's competitiveness this year, it's their veteran players that will determine that more than their first year players.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is there anyone out there who still think the Rams should have kept Bradford?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They wouldn't have known that back in March. I imagine the opportunity to trade up for Wentz only happened once the Rams moved into 1 and Cleveland desired to move down.

As far the Eagle's competitiveness this year, it's their veteran players that will determine that more than their first year players.

They already knew they were trading two starters to move up to #8 from #13 though. It just hadn't been announced yet. At the time they didn't know the QBs would be going in the top two picks - a lot thought there was a chance to grab one around 4-6. They were definitely positioning themselves, even if it weren't a sure thing. And the loss of two veterans, including their best RB, was important too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

SI used "facts and figures" from agents and other people close to the sport, and it was all guessing. They were guessing lol. Meanwhile there is a graphic in this link that gives more accurate info.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox..._football_players_go_bust_than_you_might.html

It was a splash piece that backfired on them.

It's like the myth of how NFL players commit so many crimes when by any measure they commit fewer than the general public.