Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
so your counter point is that a lack of financial awareness and efficient planning is reason to have compassion for spoiled, embittered football players?

The owner of my company is a Multi Billionaire.....he supplies me a 401k which I manage.

At least the players get an actual pension after 5 years service.

gimme a break man.

Ok, your opinion is fuck the "spoiled, embittered football players". If you think either the NCAA or NFL has the slightest concern for the well being of the kids, pull your head out of the sand.

My opinion is that the NFL is obligated (not legally, of course) to do a better job of preparing its players for a life after the NFL. 78% of the players going bankrupt within 2 years of leaving the league is not acceptable for an organization literally swimming in cash. The owners can squeeze out a few bucks and get some more effective programs/classes/mentors for these young men.

…..

Legend
Ok, your opinion is freak the "spoiled, embittered football players". If you think either the NCAA or NFL has the slightest concern for the well being of the kids, pull your head out of the sand.

My opinion is that the NFL is obligated (not legally, of course) to do a better job of preparing its players for a life after the NFL. 78% of the players going bankrupt within 2 years of leaving the league is not acceptable for an organization literally swimming in cash. The owners can squeeze out a few bucks and get some more effective programs/classes/mentors for these young men.

No.....my opinion is not to freak anybody. My opinion is to "man up" and accept responsibility for your 8 kids and your financial well being and the lifestyle you live.

My opinion is also that this is still an employee/owner relationship where it not my business to sit around and bemoan how much money the owner has. His money has no bearing on me and my need to declare bankrupt 2 years after I leave his company. He is the employer, I cant sit around wondering why he has more money than me. I had alot of his money in my pocket. In a free market society, I am perfectly within my rights to go buy a team if I want to be like him.

And speaking of the employer, teams nowadays, and the Rams are PERFECT examples of this, do a huge amount to educate their employees on financial planning. Waaaaay more than my manufacturing company does for me.

The sports world is littered with great examples of athletes going broke. Its also littered with great examples of athletes going on to be excellent business men, investors, using their diplomas, etc. You dont hear alot about the good stories....the hardship stories sell better.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And speaking of the employer, teams nowadays, and the Rams are PERFECT examples of this, do a huge amount to educate their employees on financial planning. Waaaaay more than my manufacturing company does for me.

My understanding is that the Rams are much more responsible about this than most if not all other teams. Other teams give them the signing bonus as they sign.

…..

Legend
My understanding is that the Rams are much more responsible about this than most if not all other teams. Other teams give them the signing bonus as they sign.

And the reason they do this is so they can complete the classes on financial planning before they get the money.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
No.....my opinion is not to freak anybody. My opinion is to "man up" and accept responsibility for your 8 kids and your financial well being and the lifestyle you live.

My opinion is also that this is still an employee/owner relationship where it not my business to sit around and bemoan how much money the owner has. His money has no bearing on me and my need to declare bankrupt 2 years after I leave his company. He is the employer, I cant sit around wondering why he has more money than me. I had alot of his money in my pocket. In a free market society, I am perfectly within my rights to go buy a team if I want to be like him.

The sports world is littered with great examples of athletes going broke. Its also littered with great examples of athletes going on to be excellent business men, investors, using their diplomas, etc. You dont hear alot about the good stories....the hardship stories sell better.
I'm not bemoaning how much money any owner has. The original comment was made when someone said Bradford should give back his money.

It's fine if we disagree, but I would hope that if I was the billionaire owner of an NFL team, it would distress me that 78% of my players went BK after they left the league--so much so that I would press the NFL to become a model for helping out the players. We're not talking about moderately wealthy people here.

During my college years at a D1 school, I tutored through the University to pay for my school. The scholastic ability of MANY of the athletes I tutored was amazingly low. I couldn't imagine how they stayed eligible.

I doubt you understand just what the homelife is of many of these players. I do-if only a little-I taught at a high poverty big city high school. It's easy to sit back at and say "f them and their 8 kids".

Anyway--1) I have faith the above situation will improve and 2) Go Rams!

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I'm not bemoaning how much money any owner has. The original comment was made when someone said Bradford should give back his money.

It's fine if we disagree, but I would hope that if I was the billionaire owner of an NFL team, it would distress me that 78% of my players went BK after they left the league--so much so that I would press the NFL to become a model for helping out the players. We're not talking about moderately wealthy people here.

During my college years at a D1 school, I tutored through the University to pay for my school. The scholastic ability of MANY of the athletes I tutored was amazingly low. I couldn't imagine how they stayed eligible.

I doubt you understand just what the homelife is of many of these players. I do-if only a little-I taught at a high poverty big city high school. It's easy to sit back at and say "f them and their 8 kids".

Anyway--1) I have faith the above situation will improve and 2) Go Rams!

Your pointing out where the issue lies in your post. Many of these guys aren't raised to in a home that knows how to handle money. Once a guy (even from a good home/family) get anointed as a top athlete things get tossed at them - such that they rarely learn the value of money. Even high school sports stars get "gifts" and easy grades (I saw it in my school - the teams took players aside and told them which teachers to take and avoid), it often gets worse once they get to college. By the time they get to the NFL the sense of entitlement and superiority is huge. You can sit these guys down as much as you want but life has taught them the money, the women, the freebies always come. As athletes they are taught to have a sense of invincibility (the 3rd string RB was a star in college and certainly you hope that he thinks he can start/star in the NFL....no team wants a guy that is just happy being 3rd string and getting his paycheck), it is difficult if not impossible for these guys to believe their career will end (in many cases VERY soon).
Further look at any team how many guys are making sub-million a year. I realize that it is huge money to us, but it is low enough these guys can blow through it FAST. For example a guy like Mo Alexander (not trying to pick on him or imply any of this applies to him - just pulling player for an example)...drafted 4th round...made $420K-$600 per year over his first 3 years. It is very likely his family/friends are talking about how he made it to the nfl, he is set, he is a big baller. It would be real easy to live a million dollar lifestyle in these guys case (the big house, the fancy cars, the jewelry, etc) that exceeds their actual earnings. Say Mo doesn't break out as a starter likely his career could end with next years $690k - to nothing suddenly. Maybe he gets on as a back-up somewhere but maybe not, he is fighting with guys that are just coming out of college and have "upside".
Any team can probably talk to these guys with the best experts out there and it won't sink in, it won't get past their life experience, and it won't get past all the other voices in their life telling them otherwise.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/29/pederson-says-eagles-told-bradford-theyd-draft-a-qb/

Pederson says Eagles told Bradford they’d draft a QB
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2016

The agent for Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford says he’s angry because they didn’t tell him their plans to draft a franchise quarterback. But Eagles coach Doug Pederson says Bradford was told in advance that part of his job would be grooming a rookie quarterback.

Sal Paolantonio reported today on Mike & Mikethat he talked to Pederson, and that Pederson relayed the conversations he had with Bradford. Pederson claims he told Bradford all along that he’d be sharing the quarterback room with a rookie.

“He told me that he told Bradford and Chase Daniel up front that they were going to draft a quarterback, and they were going to try to nurture him for the future, and they expected Bradford and Daniel to be part of that, but that this year Bradford would be the starter,” Paolantonio said. “And they were shocked when they told Bradford that they were going up to No. 2 and they were making the trade and investing five picks, and Bradford’s reaction was one of anger, and he abruptly walked out of the offseason training program.”

Paolantonio also reported that Pederson tried to reach out to Bradford, but Bradford is ignoring texts from Pederson, other Eagles coaches and the front office.

It’s possible that Pederson is telling the truth but something got lost in the discussion: Perhaps Pederson told Bradford that the Eagles would draft a quarterback, but Bradford interpreted that as meaning a late-round quarterback, not a No. 2 overall pick who’s clearly expected to become the franchise quarterback by 2017.

Either way, however, Bradford signed a contract to play for the Eagles this year and accepted an $11 million signing bonus as part of the deal. Whether Bradford likes it or not, he’s teammates with Wentz. It would probably be wise to stop pouting, and start trying to prove himself good enough to keep Wentz on the bench.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dford-still-our-guy-but-havent-spoken-to-him/

Eagles coach: Bradford still “our guy,” but haven’t spoken to him
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 29, 2016

Eagles coach Doug Pederson insists that Sam Bradford is “our guy,” and as soon as he actually talks to his expensive free agent quarterback, he’ll tell him that.

Of course, he hasn’t spoken with Bradford since they traded for the No. 2 overall pick so they could grab Carson Wentz, and Bradford demanded a trade and said he wouldn’t be coming back to work in Philadelphia, so that’s kind of complicating things.

“Well, right now we’re still in April, we’re beginning phases of our OTAs coming up in May,” Pederson said in an interview with NBC 10, via CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve said all along Sam’s our guy, he’s my guy, and he’s a part of the Philadelphia Eagles, and it’s just unfortunate where we are right now.

“But the thing is once he’s here, he’s our guy. Because it’s a voluntary offseason program there’s not a whole lot we can do. But at the same time we just know we want him to be a part of the Philadelphia Eagles this year.”

Bradford lost a bit of the leverage he had last night when the Broncos traded up for quarterback Paxton Lynch, limiting the amount of potential places he could be traded by at least one if not two (since the 49ers appear stuck with Colin Kaepernick as a result, making Chip Kelly bringing Bradford in a second time less likely).

The next step is monitoring the damage control in Philadelphia. ESPN’s Twitter-less Sal Paolantonio said during the broadcast last night that Bradford wasn’t taking Pederson’s calls, which Pederson sort-of confirmed by saying he hadn’t talked to Bradford since the trade demand.

“I have not,” Pederson said. “Not right now. I had a chance to sit down with him just and visit with him 1-on-1 prior to our minicamp a week ago. Other than that, I haven’t had a chance to visit with him.”

If Bradford gets his way, he might not. But unless someone unexpectedly emerges as a suitor for an expensive quarterback with a 25-37-1 career record and no postseason experience, Bradford may be stuck holding a place for Wentz whether he likes it or not.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...p_and_unfair_to_paint_Bradford_as_a_baby.html

Sielski: Eagles cheap and unfair to paint Bradford as baby
Updated: April 28, 2016 — 2:42 PM EDT

by Mike Sielski, INQUIRER COLUMNIST @MikeSielski

If you have eyes to see and ears to hear, you know what has already begun: a whispering campaign by the Eagles to denigrate Sam Bradford, to paint him as a pansy too weak to withstand a challenge from Carson Wentz.

This is nothing but an appeal to the lowest common denominator among this city’s sports fans, a questioning of a quarterback’s manhood, and it’s issuing directly from One NovaCare Way. Late Monday afternoon, Dave Spadaro of PhiladelphiaEagles.com appeared on Comcast SportsNet’s Philly Sports Talk and, in his role as message man for the franchise’s front office, said, “There’s competition in the NFL. It’s a big-boy league. Nobody’s given a job.” The implication was obvious: that Bradford is a feed-me-burp-me-change-me type for reportedly requesting a trade, that he can’t abide having to vie to be the Eagles’ starting quarterback with a rookie in Wentz and a career backup in Chase Daniel. Those themes have flown on the wind for days now, landing in social-media and talk-radio interactions, framed in ridiculing words: Bradford is a sissy. Bradford is afraid to compete. Bradford needs to man up.

So this is how we define toughness in Philadelphia now—not by whether an athlete displays it in its genuine form, but by whether he kowtows to the tired narrative that it’s a privilege to play here and anyone who doesn’t act accordingly is a wimp who can’t handle the pressure. It doesn’t make Bradford weak that he can recognize when he’s staring at a stacked deck. The notion that the Eagles would give up a net three draft picks to select Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick, then not play Wentz because Bradford had managed to persuade them that he was indeed the better long-term option, is nonsense on stilts. It would be one thing if the Eagles were to draft Wentz or another quarterback with the 13th overall pick (which they traded to Miami) or even with the eighth overall pick (which they traded to Cleveland). It’s another thing to surrender so many assets—players and picks, in both deals, who might help Bradford in the here and now—for the sake of his successor and the franchise’s prospective savior. The Eagles are going to play Wentz, and soon, and everyone knows it, especially Bradford. He’s making a business decision here, nothing more, and even if you disagree with what he’s doing, there’s no cause to question his physical and mental toughness because of it. It’s cheap, and it’s unfair.

Now, if you want to argue that Wentz or Daniel or the corner grocer would be a better starting quarterback in 2016 than Bradford, you’re free to, and you can make a compelling case. But the Eagles themselves can’t make that argument, because—three weeks before working out Wentz in late March, apparently falling in love with him, and apparently rearranging their entire draft strategy to get him—they signed Bradford to a contract worth $22 million in guaranteed money. They paid him not like a one-year caretaker, but like a quality starter whom they might decide to have stay a while.

That chance for stability with a single team is gone, and to Bradford, that chance was everything. He has a history that demonstrates clearly what he has been willing to endure for the opportunity to establish himself, once and for all, as a franchise quarterback. “He’s had about every form of adversity you could,” Eagles center Jason Kelce said. In 2009, as a junior at Oklahoma, Bradford sprained the AC joint in his right shoulder, returned to the lineup three weeks later, sprained it again, and underwent surgery. In October 2013, while with the St. Louis Rams, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. After 10 months of rehabilitation, he returned to the Rams, only to sustain a hit during a preseason game that tore his left ACL again. After contemplating stepping away from football forever, after another year of rehabilitation, he started nine games for the Eagles before suffering a concussion and spraining his left AC joint. He returned to the lineup three weeks later and started the final five games of the Eagles’ season, taking a beating behind a leaky offensive line, throwing to receivers who led the NFL in dropped passes.

Thanks to the first contract he signed, Bradford made all those returns to the Rams and the Eagles having already assured himself of $78 million in earnings, whether he ever played a single snap in the NFL. He could have walked away from the sport at any time and cost himself no comfort at all, and given the grueling nature of those repeated injuries and their aftermaths, who would have blamed him if he had? Only someone who didn’t understand, or chose to ignore, what it took for Bradford, after going down time after time, to keep getting back up.

“The first thing an athlete in this situation has to overcome is the fear of re-injury, and depending on the level of trauma and how the injury occurred, there may be actual post-traumatic stress,” said Andrew Wolanin, a sports psychologist who has treated professional and collegiate athletes and who has conducted research into the psychological effects of injuries on athletes. “A person can have flashbacks at certain parts of the field. They can re-experience the injury from a memory standpoint. The next thing is being able to trust their body again and not have to think about the injury.

“The proof is in the pudding, which is what he was able to do on the field, which was compete at a high level.”

Wolanin wasn’t suggesting that Bradford was a great quarterback for the Eagles in 2015. No one would suggest such a thing, though Bradford did play better as the season went on. Wolanin was suggesting that the NFL represents football at its apex, that it represents the sport at its most demanding and debilitating, and that Bradford showed that he could put his past behind him and stand there in the pocket week after week. So no matter how much money he’s made, no matter what you think of him as a quarterback, no matter how the Eagles or anyone else tries to taint him on his way out of town, just remember something: Not now, not ever, don’t say Sam Bradford isn’t tough.

Note: I used the bold type to highlight those sections. This writer appears to be talking to Bradford or more likely his agent. Looks like this could result in a training camp holdout to get out of Philly or the voiding of the 2nd year of the contract.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
It doesn’t make Bradford weak that he can recognize when he’s staring at a stacked deck. The notion that the Eagles would give up a net three draft picks to select Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick, then not play Wentz because Bradford had managed to persuade them that he was indeed the better long-term option, is nonsense on stilts.

This line of thinking is consistent with the overexposure of the draft in the last 30 years. We're continually bombarded with relentless media coverage, mock drafts, hype, to a point where we're supposed to think a team's draft performance and their "future" resides on the head of a pin. Eagles "mortgaged" their future. Rams "mortgaged" their future. No, neither of them did. That's just a media creation. Less than 50% of the players in the first three rounds of a typical draft are going to turn out average starters.

I remember the 49ers trading three 1sts for a QB back in the 70s. Two years later they cut him. The Saints traded their entire 1999 draft for Ricky Williams. Three years later he was a Dolphin, and NO got two 1sts back. I'm telling you these guys don't share our perspective on these things. If they did, you wouldn't see these trades being made or players being taken where they are.

Philadelphia went for it all at QB this year. But they didn't bank all on one guy. They wanted the best veteran option and best prospect available in the draft, and that's what they have.

As tough guy Bradford goes, it's time to be tough. This was a stupid idea to begin with and I'm positive it was Condon's. You only have so many opportunities in the NFL. The one team that would've been the better situation didn't wait for you. Stop this before you get Brett Favre'd to a team that isn't good for you. Apologize to your teammates and get back to work. Two months from now no one will remember. The longer this drags on the worse it'll get. Strap on your helmet, give it all you have and have no regrets. Even if there's no future in Philly, someone will notice how you conducted yourself and you will get the chance you're looking for.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-bradfords-mindset-hes-never-had-to-compete/

Brady Quinn sums up Sam Bradford’s mindset: He’s never had to compete
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2016

bradford-sam082315-getty-ftrjpg_6qwfldz8wmio1w7qdzj8hpebh-e1461969446267.jpg
Getty Images

Many have been confused by Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford’s desire to leave Philly. Former NFL quarterback Brady Quinn isn’t. Quinn explained Bradford’s mindset during a Friday visit to PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.

“He came into the league being a guy who got paid $60 million to be a starting quarterback and to play and really didn’t have to deal with any sort of competition throughout his career because economically he was paid so much,” Quinn said. “I think he finds himself now in a situation where that’s what he comes to expect and that’s all he knows. He’s never had to necessarily grind it out and compete against someone else on the roster.

“So he signs a new contract and he’s thinking, ‘Alright, I’m the guy for this team for at least the next couple years.’ He feels like, ‘Well, I don’t have to deal with worrying about the second overall pick in the first round to compete with and hear the fans clamor for him the second that I throw an interception, the second I end up playing bad.’ He’s never had to adjust to that before in his career, so he doesn’t know how to deal with it and he wants to go somewhere where he feels like he can be the guy.

He probably feels that way because he had his best statistical season last year for the Philadelphia Eagles. Even though he hasn’t been healthy for 16 games throughout his career he still wants to be the guy. He still thinks he has the ability to be the guy so he’s just looking for that opportunity. So you could see why he would feel that way, unfortunately that’s just not the position that he’s in anymore in the NFL. It’s not like he’s the first pick overall coming in the draft, like a Jared Goff, who has some time to prove himself. He now has to prove himself even among his own roster and his own quarterback room.”

Quinn makes a lot of sense. Hopefully, Bradford will see what Quinn had to say and take it to heart. While it may take some time to get Eagles fans back on Bradford’s side (if they ever were), Bradford’s best bet is to accept his changed circumstances and commit to competing. It’s something many quarterbacks far more accomplished than Sam Bradford have had to do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford, you have a chance here. Drew Brees was in the same situation you're in. What did Brees do? He took it as a challenge. He went out, got better, came back, and played the best football of his career (to that point). What happened? He started again the next year and played great again. After that year, the Chargers had to let him walk following his injury but he landed a huge deal with New Orleans and it led to a HOF career.

This is your moment. You can whine, cry, and throw a temper tantrum. Or you can let it motivate you and make you a better player. You can rise to the challenge. You can prove to another team that you're their future and earn yourself a huge deal. You can prove to the NFL that you're a franchise QB. Or you can take your ball, go home, and prove that you aren't up to the challenge. MAN THE FUCK UP.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford, Wentz drama just beginning for Eagles, Roseman

April 29, 2016, 8:15 pm

He tried. Oh, how he tried. It didn’t matter. Howie Roseman never had a chance.

No matter how often Roseman attempted to steer the conversation toward the new guy, the questions kept boomeranging back to the disgruntled incumbent quarterback. There was no escaping it.

Not long after the Eagles selected Carson Wentzwith the second overall pick on Thursday evening, Roseman and Doug Pederson strode into the NovaCare Complex auditorium. They looked pleased. They were decidedly less enthusiastic about the way the press conference unfolded. While they tried to pump up Wentz, Roseman seemed deflated by countless questions about Sam Bradford and the Eagles’ quickly deteriorating relationship with him.

About midway through a session that lasted more than 16 minutes, Roseman was asked whether the Eagles were “disappointed in Sam’s reaction or his agent’s reaction” to the team trading up to secure Wentz. Roseman’s frustration was evident.

“I think first of all, this is about Carson today,” Roseman said. “We just picked the kid second overall, and that's where our focus is: the fact that we got Carson Wentz.”

Naturally the media assembly backed off and only asked about Wentz after that.

Nah. Just kidding. We bludgeoned Roseman and Pederson with lots more Bradford/palace intrigue questions. Because of course we did. Had to happen. It’s the biggest story in the city right now, and Roseman helped create it. He made a smart move by trading up for Wentz(see story), but in the process he also seeded a situation that quickly mushroomed into a massive ongoing drama.

Wentz was asked about Bradford a few times during Thursday’s conference call. Friday’s in-person session was more about him and less about the in-house competition, but the issue probably isn’t disappearing for a while — not with Bradford and his agent digging in for a protracted fight. For his part, Wentz said all the right things, but he admitted he wasn’t sure how it will go when he finally meets the guy whose job he’s trying to take (see story). Probably won’t be awkward at all. Just hugs and high fives.

“I think we're both professionals now, and it'll just be — it'll be what it is,” Wentz said. “I won't make it bigger than it needs to be. I'm just going to go in there and focus on what I can control and learning as much ball as quickly as I can.”

It’s going to be fascinating to see how all this plays out. According to ESPN, Bradford stopped “answering calls and texts” from the organization because he’s reportedly “upset with [the] team for making moves to draft [a quarterback].” There are no shortage of hot takes on the matter. The predominant position by fire-breathing fans and media members seems to be pretty clearly anti-Bradford. On the WIP morning show the other day, callers and hosts tossed around words like “wimp” and crybaby.” One person advised Bradford to “grow a pair.” Another hissed “suck it up, buttercup.” There were pleas to bench Bradford despite what the Eagles are paying him. One particularly unhinged and confused fellow implored the Eagles to punish Bradford by sticking him on the practice squad. Sadly and surprisingly, no one suggested they stuff him into a large cannon and fire him off into the distance without a net. An opportunity missed. There’s always next week.

Oh, and if you’re brave enough, and if your computer has some sort of flame suppression system, search Sam Bradford on Twitter. It’s quite an experience. Maybe have a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

This isn’t going away anytime soon — not while Roseman is running the team and Bradford is stomping his feet and pouting in public. Bradford has vowed not to appear at any of the voluntary workouts. The mandatory sessions are where this gets (more) interesting. If Bradford doesn’t report, how will the Eagles’ handle it? How long can he reasonably stiff-arm the organization? Will the Eagles eventually cater to his demands and unload him? And if not, if the Eagles refuse the trade request and Bradford finally returns to the team, how will that work? What kind of relationship can he possibly have with his two main bosses — not to mention his new understudy — after he and his agent flipped four fingers at the Eagles?

The irony here is that both camps probably need each other. In a vacuum where hurt feelings and egos and the accrued ill will don’t exist, the Eagles represent a good opportunity for Bradford next year. Starting job. Weak division. Chance to make the playoffs. And the Eagles could certainly use Bradford’s help. Making the postseason would take some (but certainly not all) of the sting out of not having a first-round pick next offseason. Alas, that’s a dreamy hypothetical that does not exist. The reality is something else — something that’s going to linger for a while and make things messy for Roseman and the Eagles.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ntz-drama-just-beginning-eagles-howie-roseman

nighttrain

Legend
I read where more players than just Bradford were upset with the trade, other vets felt with the picks given up the Eagles could have become a contender this season
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-blow-starting-job-if-he-stays-away-too-long/

Bradford could blow starting job if he stays away too long

Sam Bradford remains an Eagle. He also remains the team’s starting quarterback. One of those things could change in time — and not the one Bradford wants to change.

Comments from coach Doug Pederson make it clear that, at some point, Bradford’s absence will affect his status at the top of the depth chart.

“Anybody that’s not in any of the 32 offseason programs is losing valuable time at that club,” Pederson said, via Josh Paunil of PhillyMag.com. “So anybody that’s not in the offseason program, yes, would lose the time.”

Bradford reportedly isn’t taking calls from Pederson, and Pederson told reporters on Saturday that he hasn’t spoken to Bradford since Bradford commenced his quest for a trade.

It’s unclear how much time Bradford would have to miss before he’d slide on the depth chart. At some point, however, that will happen.

“I think it depends on how and when he does come back and how fast we can catch him up and put him back in that situation and see where he’s at at that time,” Pederson said, via Paunil. “Again, no one makes the team in April. We’re not making any roster adjustments and letting people go. It’s all about evaluation, and he’s in that evaluation process. But as I’ve said in the past, he was one, Chase [Daniel] is two and we’re moving on from there.”

The Eagles have insisted that they won’t trade Bradford, who apparently isn’t willing to compete after having playing time handed to him since 2010, thanks to the last windfall No. 1 overall contract.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He could in theory just sit out all year, and they would release him after the season, then he could be a free agent for the first time. Fuck the lying Eagles front office. I'm sure he has good reason to be pissed.

tempests

Hall of Fame
freak the lying Eagles front office.

I'm just going to link an article from March. Eagles have been publicly talking about drafting a QB since February. It was not a secret.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Early-Birds-How-Doug-Pederson-thinks-Sam-Bradford-should-react-to-a-rookie-quarterback.html#6oAPXKWYIyuzMHBw.99

During Doug Pederson’s first three years with the Green Bay Packers, the team drafted a quarterback each season. Two of those quarterbacks never played in the NFL. The other was Matt Hasselbeck, who has played 17 seasons for four teams.

Pederson wants to create a quarterback pipeline in Philadelphia, and Jeffrey Lurie said the Eagles want to get back to drafting a quarterback every season or every other season.

The team does not have a young quarterback on the roster, so there is an emphasis on taking one this year. That’s why the Eagles are on the road looking at quarterbacks, with reports already linking them to private workouts of California’s Jared Goff, North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz, Memphis’ Paxton Lynch, and Stanford’s Kevin Hogan. Pederson said he would personally scout the top four to six quarterbacks in the draft.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm so glad the Rams got rid of this guy.

He's the biggest mistake the team has made in many years and he's really showing his true colors now...........

Fuck him.