Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Something's seriously wrong when T.O. rags on about you.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/t-o-takes-issue-with-sam-bradfords-trade-demand/

T.O. takes issue with Sam Bradford’s trade demand
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2016

56007930-1-0-600x400-e1462466647971.jpg
Getty Images

A decade ago, receiver Terrell Owens wanted out of Philly. He eventually got his way, after an acrimonious year of shirtless driveway situps, “next question” press conferences, and a full-blown arbitration challenging both a four-game suspension without pay and a rest-of-season suspension with pay.

Now, quarterback Sam Bradford wants out of Philadelphia. To date, Bradford has only demanded a trade. And Owens has chimed in regarding Bradford’s view that he doesn’t want to play for a team that doesn’t view him as “the guy.” Owens views Bradford a far different way.

“I think it was not a great move for Sam to want to request a trade being that they were getting [quarterback Carson Wentz],” Owens told TMZ. “That’s kind of a sign of a coward, to be honest.”

Owens claims that Bradford should have more confidence regarding his ability to hold off any other challengers for the starting job.

“It shouldn’t matter who they’re drafting or who’s coming in,” Owens said.

Obviously, it does. And with the Eagles trading up from No. 13 to No. 8 to No. 2, they have plenty invested in Wentz being successful. Which likely will give Wentz the edge, if it’s a close call between Bradford and the rookie.

That doesn’t mean Bradford has many/any viable alternatives to showing up for work, playing as well as he can, cashing his paychecks, and waiting for his next NFL alternative. With no one else clamoring for his contract, making the most of a bad situation is better than having no situation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That doesn’t mean Bradford has many/any viable alternatives to showing up for work, playing as well as he can, cashing his paychecks, and waiting for his next NFL alternative. With no one else clamoring for his contract, making the most of a bad situation is better than having no situation.

He's gonna cash the checks, already cashed one for 5MIL this offseason, and wait to get cut then get out of Philly and on to who knows where.

He may end up outside looking in though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Something's seriously wrong when T.O. rags on about you.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/t-o-takes-issue-with-sam-bradfords-trade-demand/

T.O. takes issue with Sam Bradford’s trade demand
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2016

56007930-1-0-600x400-e1462466647971.jpg
Getty Images

A decade ago, receiver Terrell Owens wanted out of Philly. He eventually got his way, after an acrimonious year of shirtless driveway situps, “next question” press conferences, and a full-blown arbitration challenging both a four-game suspension without pay and a rest-of-season suspension with pay.

Now, quarterback Sam Bradford wants out of Philadelphia. To date, Bradford has only demanded a trade. And Owens has chimed in regarding Bradford’s view that he doesn’t want to play for a team that doesn’t view him as “the guy.” Owens views Bradford a far different way.

“I think it was not a great move for Sam to want to request a trade being that they were getting [quarterback Carson Wentz],” Owens told TMZ. “That’s kind of a sign of a coward, to be honest.”

Owens claims that Bradford should have more confidence regarding his ability to hold off any other challengers for the starting job.

“It shouldn’t matter who they’re drafting or who’s coming in,” Owens said.

Obviously, it does. And with the Eagles trading up from No. 13 to No. 8 to No. 2, they have plenty invested in Wentz being successful. Which likely will give Wentz the edge, if it’s a close call between Bradford and the rookie.

T.O. is just trying to stay in the News, so he's not forgotten during the Hof F Voting period!(y);)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
T.O. is just trying to stay in the News, so he's not forgotten during the Hof F Voting period!(y);)

That's one way of looking at it. But it may be that HOF voters might not like ex-players calling other players cowards. The NFL brand and all that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's one way of looking at it. But it may be that HOF voters might not like ex-players calling other players cowards. The NFL brand and all that.
I believe that to be true too! But T.O. has proven himself to be, well, not the brightest start in the sky!;)

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did he really think he was the long term QB after signing a two year contract. Try earning your money and keep your mouth shut . Philly fans will boo him to tears

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember when the Rams used to lead the lead in dropping Bradford's passes?

He only has a fastball........I'm not saying it causes all the drops but that causes a lot of them. Elway's WR's dropped a lot to because it always came in hot.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click link below to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/will-sam-bradford-retire/

Will Sam Bradford retire?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2016

The Eagles and quarterback Sam Bradford remain at an impasse.

The team, which committed $22 million in fully-guaranteed money to Bradford under a two-year deal, envisions Bradford to be the Week One starter. Bradford, who accepted the two-year deal without a gun or other weapon pressed to his head but who now believes he’ll be getting the hook sooner than later, wants to be traded. The other 31 teams are bemused, at best, by his availability.

So what happens with Bradford? Via PhillyInfluencer.com, Reuben Frank of CSN Philly thinks Bradford will retire.

It could end up being the only way out of the corner into which Bradford has painted himself. But it would be expensive; he’d immediately forfeit the $11 million signing bonus he received earlier this year from the Eagles if he retires.

Still, there’s a potential Carson-Palmer-in-2011 appeal to a retirement decision. Like the former Bengals quarterback did five years ago, Bradford could call it quits (losing the signing bonus but avoiding the fines and forfeitures that would arise from holding out while under contract) and wait for another quarterback to tear an ACL or pop an Achilles or (like former Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell did two days before the trade deadline in 2011) break a collarbone.

Bradford would simply sit and wait until a trade opportunity arises, whether it happens later this year or next year. If the opportunity never arises, he’d simply never play again.

With no one currently clamoring to make Bradford “the guy” and with Bradford unwilling to be “a guy” in Philadelphia, this is the only approach that makes sense — costly as it may be.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Click link below to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/will-sam-bradford-retire/

Will Sam Bradford retire?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2016

The Eagles and quarterback Sam Bradford remain at an impasse.

The team, which committed $22 million in fully-guaranteed money to Bradford under a two-year deal, envisions Bradford to be the Week One starter. Bradford, who accepted the two-year deal without a gun or other weapon pressed to his head but who now believes he’ll be getting the hook sooner than later, wants to be traded. The other 31 teams are bemused, at best, by his availability.

So what happens with Bradford? Via PhillyInfluencer.com, Reuben Frank of CSN Philly thinks Bradford will retire.

It could end up being the only way out of the corner into which Bradford has painted himself. But it would be expensive; he’d immediately forfeit the $11 million signing bonus he received earlier this year from the Eagles if he retires.

Still, there’s a potential Carson-Palmer-in-2011 appeal to a retirement decision. Like the former Bengals quarterback did five years ago, Bradford could call it quits (losing the signing bonus but avoiding the fines and forfeitures that would arise from holding out while under contract) and wait for another quarterback to tear an ACL or pop an Achilles or (like former Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell did two days before the trade deadline in 2011) break a collarbone.

Bradford would simply sit and wait until a trade opportunity arises, whether it happens later this year or next year. If the opportunity never arises, he’d simply never play again.

With no one currently clamoring to make Bradford “the guy” and with Bradford unwilling to be “a guy” in Philadelphia, this is the only approach that makes sense — costly as it may be.

Or just sit on the sideline and get paid millions to watch football. I PAY to do this. You will get paid to do it. Dumbass. Like Red would say.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I still can't wrap my brain around this. What is wrong with him? If he was smart he would use this as an audition to get out of town ASAP..........thee has to be more to this that we aren't hearing yet.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...hia-eagles-trade-holdout-connor-barwin-050616

Teammate says Sam Bradford told him when he'll return to Eagles
"I know he'll be here for the mandatory stuff," Connor Barwin says.
Getty Images
By Dan GrafMay 6, 2016 at 2:42p ET

Much has been made of reports that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford is demanding a trade and that he will hold out until he gets one, but one of his teammates has spoken with Bradford and believes it won’t be long before he’s back with the team.

Defensive end Connor Barwin was a guest on Friday’s “Mike and Ike Show” onPhiladelphia’s 94 WIP and revealed a few details of a recent talk with Bradford, who was reportedly upset when the Eagles traded up to draft Carson Wentz at No. 2 overall.

“I spoke to him, and I’ll let him come out and speak to you guys and say what he has to say or wants to say, but I think, obviously, he maybe didn’t see it coming and was surprised by it,” Barwin said of the team’s moves to draft Wentz. “But I expect him to be back in the next week or two and be the starting quarterback next year.

“He’s still on the team, he has to come to work and be the quarterback.”

But when? The Eagles begin offseason workouts May 17.

“From my conversation with him, it sounded like he is coming back sooner rather than later, so we’ll wait and see,” Barwin said. “I know he’ll be here for the mandatory stuff. But, again, this is just my casual conversation with him. You guys will have plenty of time to talk to him, and he can show up when he wants to be here.”

Barwin said the Eagles locker room is behind the plan GM Howie Roseman has already laid out publicly.

“All of us see Sam (Bradford) as the starter for the next year or two to kind of help mentor the kid and show him the ropes, but Carson will be the quarterback of the future in the long term,” Barwin said.

And there will be no hard feelings if and when Bradford returns.

“We are all excited for him to come back, and everybody in the locker room is ready for him to come back. It’s all good. At the same time, we are excited for Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel. Competition usually brings the best out of all of us, so I think this is a great situation we’re in.”

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Barwin is a class act. Great guy and good for the league with all he does for his community and Philly in general....and that city needs all the help it can get.