Bradford, Rams take a step back against the Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good breakdown/write-up by Will over at RamsHerd.com

http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/s ... wboys.html

Here's a preview: :omg:

iFDy4wghCs3QL.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So not only does Richardson possess absolutely NO peripheral vision, Mc Neil could have simply chipped Lee and effectively sent him into Richardson - giving him no choice but to notice the guy in the white jersey wanting to cream our QB while also falling in said white jersey's way at minimum forcing said white jersey to have to hurdle a tackling dummy (in blue) on his way to previously mentioned QB (see victim). Do I have the gist of how this play developed?

While I'll put much of this on Richardson, shouldn't ANY TE be able to see the 3 on 2 match up directly to his left? A simple shoulder chip would have likely blown Lee into Richardson. I could maybe see if McNeil was the first option on the play - but even then he should have thrown a shoulder to sell it.

This is obviously the shit they need to get figured out. That was anything but a great play by Lee. It was a gimme due to hideous play on the part of McNeil and Richardson. And I can't even imagine that Boudreau did not have both hands full of facemasks after that shit - that is, after Fisher got done yelling at him for his guys having absolutely no clue. Wow. Really?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
So not only does Richardson possess absolutely NO peripheral vision, Mc Neil could have simply chipped Lee and effectively sent him into Richardson - giving him no choice but to notice the guy in the white jersey wanting to cream our QB while also falling in said white jersey's way at minimum forcing said white jersey to have to hurdle a tackling dummy (in blue) on his way to previously mentioned QB (see victim). Do I have the gist of how this play developed?

While I'll put much of this on Richardson, shouldn't ANY TE be able to see the 3 on 2 match up directly to his left? A simple shoulder chip would have likely blown Lee into Richardson. I could maybe see if McNeil was the first option on the play - but even then he should have thrown a shoulder to sell it.

This is obviously the shit they need to get figured out. That was anything but a great play by Lee. It was a gimme due to hideous play on the part of McNeil and Richardson. And I can't even imagine that Boudreau did not have both hands full of facemasks after that shit - that is, after Fisher got done yelling at him for his guys having absolutely no clue. Wow. Really?
Well, that and Bradford held onto the ball too long. He tends to do that.
I mean, what does he want? 2 whole seconds? Selfish baby.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mattison's guy would have sacked Sam next. Reminds me of the scene from Airplane, where everyone's lining up to take a shot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:

Yeah - no shit. He should also be able to escape the rush in that situation. I don't care if the guy has a full head of steam because no one cared to even slow him. I suppose next he'll want the receivers to look for the ball and actually CATCH it. Peshaw!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
X said:

Yeah - no shit. He should also be able to escape the rush in that situation. I don't care if the guy has a full head of steam because no one cared to even slow him. I suppose next he'll want the receivers to look for the ball and actually CATCH it. Peshaw!
They'd have to get open first, then catch the ball. Sheesh.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Though you can't really see what's happening downfield, I get the distinct impression that Bradford is looking right at McNiell's back before he get's decked, dude just didn't have the presence of mind to look and see if his QB needed help. No hot routes in the preseason?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
Though you can't really see what's happening downfield, I get the distinct impression that Bradford is looking right at McNiell's back before he get's decked, dude just didn't have the presence of mind to look and see if his QB needed help. No hot routes in the preseason?
Read the link. He breaks down the entire play.

Speeps

Starter
I read that Sam was doing a lot of "making sure guys were in the right place" kinda stuff against Dallas. I wonder if that hindered him a little.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if he steps up/forward the pocket is collapsed. No chance to do anything but hold onto the ball and not fumble. Is that O-line a real line of NFL ready guys or is this a joke? April fools! The "Real" starting line is hiding in the locker room and will emerge real game 1 at Fords field! No need to worry Rams fans!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
Mattison's guy would have sacked Sam next. Reminds me of the scene from Airplane, where everyone's lining up to take a shot.

I dunno... it looked to me like Mattison was working it in there and if Lee was forced into Richardson, it would have clogged things up more. I think at minimum, it would have bought a little more time for receivers' heads to turn.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:

I dunno... it looked to me like Mattison was working it in there and if Lee was forced into Richardson, it would have clogged things up more. I think at minimum, it would have bought a little more time for receivers' heads to turn.
You didn't smell the sarcasm? Don't know if I can lay it on any thicker than that, but next time I'll add visual and audio aids. :what:

Seriously talking though, Mattison was blocking 2 guys for a minute.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:

You didn't smell the sarcasm? Don't know if I can lay it on any thicker than that, but next time I'll add visual and audio aids. :what:

Seriously talking though, Mattison was blocking 2 guys for a minute.

Sorry - I'm a little slow sometimes. Shaddup Paul. Always appreciate the visual aids though :shock: .

And yeah - Mattison blocking two guys is what I was referring to as "working it".